Why do I feel like Conor is one loss away from being "exposed"?

Come on Payne, you didn't like him before he won a belt. His lack of defence isn't the reason you don't like him now.

Think he's a bit of a wanker? Just say so, I think it is true of him sometimes. That has no bearing on him as a fighter though, and frankly the 'no defences' reasoning is both tired and weak. The man still has never had a good reason to defend, because he has always been allowed the chance to do something better.

A defence, win or lose, won't make him any more or less legitimate as a fighter than he already is. It would just build his legacy or show his limits.

pxmO_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Mild points made ^^^ True I didn't like him before he won his belt but I did respect him as a fighter as I do all fighters. And when he won a belt I at least thought OK this time he'll defend in the UFC and I'm still waiting.

The no defense is neither tired nor weak @Codpiece and frankly I'm a tad surprised to read that from you? It maybe tiresome to hear all the time to Conor fans but it's a straight up legitimate question to ask any champ who has belt let alone two, then I ask twice as much.

Can't have it both ways my friend applaud & celebrate the fact that he won 2belts in 2divisions, but ignore the fact he's never defended any belt...

Its because you're a lousy brown belt and you dont have a clue what you're talking about.

What about all the fighters who have never enev touched a belt. Are they not legit?

Of course they legit they fighters man? But they don't have belts when you a champ you above them now. You've shown you can win a belt seal the deal and defend it. The more you go out of your in avoiding a defense against rightful contenders you de-legitimize your win & belt, wouldn't you agree?

I know you won't agree, it will go against your Conor code...

I'm still not sold on Conor. Forget about the belts. Who has he fought? He never belonged in the FW division, he's a natural lightweight. When he fights lightweights, well we saw what Nate did to him and Eddie Alvarez is fucking 3-2-1 in the UFC. I need to see how this guy does against Khabib, Tony Ferguson, etc to really assess if he is the real deal or not. His resume so far doesn't even crack the top 10.
Probably because you don't like the way he talks and how he promotes himself, so you're waiting for an opportunity to call him exposed.

pxmO_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Mild points made ^^^ True I didn't like him before he won his belt but I did respect him as a fighter as I do all fighters. And when he won a belt I at least thought OK this time he'll defend in the UFC and I'm still waiting.

The no defense is neither tired nor weak @Codpiece and frankly I'm a tad surprised to read that from you? It maybe tiresome to hear all the time to Conor fans but it's a straight up legitimate question to ask any champ who has belt let alone two, then I ask twice as much.

Can't have it both ways my friend applaud & celebrate the fact that he won 2belts in 2divisions, but ignore the fact he's never defended any belt...
Winning 2 belts in two divisions is more impressive then beating guys he already handled easily. In my opinion. FW is dead, McGregor killed it. Max and Jose got wrecked by Conor.

At lightweight, Khabib fights once every two years and who wouldn't take the cash in boxing? Some hate is just blinding.

Never defended either belt!

Doesn't fight in the UFC anymore anyway!

Fighting a 40+ yr old retired boxer in a stupid ass hype fight then will retire!

He isn't any type of GOAT because he will be quitting not fighting top competition like so many others have!

Bye Bye Conor!

!!

What is there to expose about Conor? He is a good counter striker with mediocre grappling, this is factual. He is on the level of guys like Chris Weidman, but not even close to greats like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Daniel Cormier or even GSP

Conor is a legitimate fighter and a good striker. He's just not a legitimate champion since he has zero defences, and he's NOWHERE near the P4P list until he racks up some title defences.

Winning 2 belts in two divisions is more impressive then beating guys he already handled easily. In my opinion. FW is dead, McGregor killed it. Max and Jose got wrecked by Conor.

At lightweight, Khabib fights once every two years and who wouldn't take the cash in boxing? Some hate is just blinding.

7jbko_s-200x150.gif
This sh!t again, ask when Conor is gonna defend you get Conor talking points...

7jbko_s-200x150.gif
This sh!t again, ask when Conor is gonna defend you get Conor talking points...
Fans regarding Demtrious Johnson/Aldo/GSP/whoever Any other champion that is not HW, "Move up and fight another belt! Show your true skill!"

For years Sherdog cried for a champ brave enough to move up and weight to challenge the belt.

It happens. The smaller champion wins.

Shertard, "WHY DOESNT HE DEFEND BELTZ!1!1!!"

I rest my case. Aldo and Holloway got smoked by the champ champ already in noncompetitive fights.

Anyone with a chin will stand a chance, after the first few minutes he tires quickly, and if Khabib can take him down, I feel he would win, same with Tony,but he is a slow starter, so might get kod, and I think Max can beat him too, he is bigger,and improved hugely, and he doesn't gas. I think Conor might have a few secrets. Some say his legs are fucked, some say he is gay, juicing. Could be anything, but he has fucked the UFC right up, in a lot of ways
I agree with 90% of your points, but since when has Khabib been a slow starter? Out of the gate he pushes toward the fence and goes for take downs. He just isn't an all or nothing in two rounds fighter.

However your overall case is spot on. I never heard the argument about Conor's legs being fucked up but he is prone to injuring them and fighting anyway. If they didn't heal correctly that could be a wrap. Not that I'm complaining. Good riddance.

Fans regarding Demtrious Johnson/Aldo/GSP/whoever Any other champion that is not HW, "Move up and fight another belt! Show your true skill!"

For years Sherdog cried for a champ brave enough to move up and weight to challenge the belt.

It happens. The smaller champion wins.

Shertard, "WHY DOESNT HE DEFEND BELTZ!1!1!!"

I rest my case. Aldo and Holloway got smoked by the champ champ already in noncompetitive fights.

So I'm suppose to be awed by the fact that he moved up from FW a weight he would kill himself to get down to fight at his natural LW and guys he was avoiding to fight so he can beat up FW's. Got you.... <YeahOKJen>

So I'm suppose to be awed by the fact that he moved up from FW a weight he would kill himself to get down to fight at his natural LW and guys he was avoiding to fight so he can beat up FW's. Got you.... <YeahOKJen>
Don't forget to ask Aldo if he trained for a southpaw with power like McGregor.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Cmon, deep down you kow Conor is the better fighter than Jose, and a legitimate champion who has proved it by his wins over the current and former FW champs alongside demolishing Eddie.

Ok first of all, There were 7 people in the top 10 that Conor never fought, including the no1 contender. FW is not nor has it ever been dead. Conor had plenty of challenges left there but he didn't want the risk. He is a good fighter who only wanted to take the pat of least effort. Personaly, I don't like that in a fighter. If you don't mind, then you do you. I'll just have to disagree.

Second of all this talk about Khabib not fighting is just ridiculous. He fought twice in 2012, three times in 2013, Once in 2014, and twice in 2016. He couldn't fight in 2015 because he had surgery on his knee which takes a LONG time to recover from. Every year that he hasn't had a medical issue he has fought at least twice.

If you want to complain about him being injured than that is valid but don't perpetuated that stupid misconception.

Plus you act like there aren't 9 other active LWs ready to fight Conor for the belt. He has no excuse.

Don't forget to ask Aldo if he trained for a southpaw with power like McGregor.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Cmon, deep down you kow Conor is the better fighter than Jose, and a legitimate champion who has proved it by his wins over the current FW champ and demolishing Eddie.

No deep down inside I don't know that or will admit that do you think Nate is a better fighter than Conor based on their 1st fight? How am I to asses that Conor is a better fighter than Aldo based on 13seconds? So I look at their overall history of fighting, and Conor is not even in the picture.

Back