Why did Colby refer to Leon Edward as Leon Scott?

SPooderMan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In the post fight presser he kept referring to him as Leon Scott. Why was he doing this? What's the reference/joke here?

It's like saying, "Who?" ... "Who?" ... "Sorry I don't know who that is." every time someone mentions a name, except that's overplayed and it's easier to just get someone's name wrong constantly because it indicates that you genuinely have no idea who they are and if they were a big deal, you'd at least get their name right.

He legitimately looks like a Leon Scott too, plus he has his own wiki page.

images

It's not that witty/clever, it's just a random last name he assigned to him. Not his best work, tbh. He's done it with other fighters as well and still does the "who," etc with him and other guys, so it's just lazy gimmick work is all and stems from a lack of creativity.

Because Leon is a nobody. He couldn't even decisively beat Nate Diaz. His Last name might as well be Smith, or Jones.

It's Colby's way of ignoring all relevant contenders in favor of fighting lightweights and nobodies to continue the myth that he is good at fighting.

Leon Scott is a hilarious nickname. I think the real Leon Scott is some gay social media fitness influencer or something like that.

Why do the announcers keep referring to Leon Scott and "Leon Edwards"?

That's shit is almost as weak as let's go Brandon. As far as passive aggressive insults go. I know Colby's right wing schtick has lessened but he could of come.up with something better than that dumb shit.

I think it's because Colby wanted to make him sound like some generic Brit who fights on those European shows, and he picked Scott because of Bradley Scott and Scott Askham.

Wasn't there another fighter when Leon was less knwon with last named scott and those 2 got mixed up?

Because Leon is a nobody. He couldn't even decisively beat Nate Diaz. His Last name might as well be Smith, or Jones.
He literally beat Nate Diaz by decision. Leon won every minute of that fight until the last minute

He literally beat Nate Diaz by decision. Leon won every minute of that fight until the last minute
He did beat him, but Leon lost the last minute of that fight. That said, thats all that most remember. Again, if his name was Leon Smith, or Leon Jones, nobody would notice.

You're right, he got the decision win.

But the only memorable moment of that fight was Leon Scott almost getting KTFO by unranked LW Nate Diaz (who hadn't fought in 1.5 years). In fact, it is probably the biggest moment in Leon Scott's career along with the 3 piece and soda he was served by Masvidal backstage.

Back