Why Dana is making a rematch for Velasquez ?

I think JDS will get dat KO again, but it won't look like the first fight. Cain will be putting up a better fight this time for sure.

I agree that Cain will put up a better fight. He has the tools to win it, the only thing that concerns me is Cain's chin.

I think immediate rematches for a former champion is generally good. A champion might be less likely to duck top competition if he believes he's going to have a rematch if he loses by a fluke or a bad decision.

Dana would love to see Cain win. He's dreaming of filling Dallas stadium with Latinos.

I think it's been said a few times so I"ll just throw it in there again...

Cain was out for a year, came back, got dropped in a minute. To me it seems like DW feels the fans were cheated out of an epic, Nog/Fedor-ish type of fight and instead we got basically Arlovski/Sylvia 1 and 2. Without a doubt Cain V and JDS are the top 2 HWs in the world, neither guy ever showed a true weakness, especially their chins. So for me it's more about Dana White noticing 2 things, 1-there isn't really anyone outside of Overeem who had "earned" a title shot against JDS and 2-the first fight didn't live up to anyone's expectations, and while it was a great win for JDS, again I feel the fight should've been longer, more epic.

This fight was made because they wanted to put the Heavyweight title on the line for the big New Years card. The two best available contenders, Cain and Werdum, had already lost to JDS and the UFC gave the fight to the fighter that is more recognized and marketed in North America. I believe they also wanted Werdum to be available for TUF Brazil 2 coming off of a win.

The title shot would have went to Overeem but he failed a drug test, and the UFC does not book fighters while they are serving suspensions and/or awaiting to be re-licensed. This is not some conspiracy to run Cain out of Heavyweight, but the best fight the UFC could but together for the title at this time when taking all other factors into consideration.

Everyone is just assuming that JDS knocks his block off just like the first fight. But JDS landed a flash KO and has big power, Cain couldn't recover. It wasn't like he beat the guy down for 3 rounds, totally outclassed him and then KO'd him. The UFC and many other people think this is a really competitive fight. JDS is great and I pick him to win, but Cain is no can.

I agree. I think the possibility of JDS KO'ing Cain again is still great, but I do see a more competitive fight this time.
I'm also picking JDS to win it.

I don't know where to start dissecting this awful "speculation" so I'll just leave and let someone else do the deed.

I agree. I think the possibility of JDS KO'ing Cain again is still great, but I do see a more competitive fight this time.
I'm also picking JDS to win it.

Yep. We don't know what JDS can do on the ground, or how he would defend/scramble, but his TDD is tremendous. The only way I see Cain winning is to score take downs and land some GnP. I think JDS prevents him from doing it and wins standup. But I agree man, this fight will be competitive and fun to watch. The UFC thought so too, that's why it was the first fox fight (plus, people love the HWs).

And who else is going to fight JDS? Tons of ppl want Reem, but he got busted. IMO he should fight a few times before he gets a title shot so that he clears his name to an extent. I am not delusional though, I bet he gets the next shot at JDS, should he get past Cain.

It's all about Mexico.

Dana wants to break into the Mexican market badly. UFC on Fox did HUGE numbers in Mexico with Cain headlining against Junior.

Traditionally, MMA hasn't done well in Mexico and boxing has dominated. All of the sudden with Cain on top, the audience grew big time and Cain was everywhere in the media. He saw Cain as the breakout star and could be someone that could release the stanglehold of boxing there.

...then Junior punched him.

This is Dana giving Cain a second chance and if he fails again, you can bet he'll get plenty more as long as Junior isn't holding the belt. Cain will be the new Faber.
Pretty much this, it's a business decision.

Just speculation, but since this fight will probably end like the first time I think the main reason for this rematch, is to make Cain reinvent himself as a LHW, and by consequence, have a real threat for Jones's reign.

Sorry to disappoint you, but there's no big conspiracy behind every management decision with which you disagree.

Cain is fighting JDS because JDS is the #1 HW in the world and Cain is the #2 HW in the world. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

If the idea was for Cain to challenge Bones, they would have done something a little more direct...like have Cain fight at LHW.

Overeem tarnished his legacy with PED's he is as irrelevant as the asterix next to his name. Ultimate roid fighting championship fanboy :'(

Right, because no other fighter gets busted for any substance in MMA, dream on.

its a really poor sign that there are no other contenders for jds in the ufc
weak division is weak

Overeem's talking all this crap about JDS, what better way to shut him up then to KO him? If that doesn't interest you, I can see why you have that certain fighter in your sig as #1. Makes sense now, ultimate point fighting championship fanboy.

I've heard much more shit talking from JDS towards the Reem than the other way around.

Doesn't matter though, because Cain will lay a beatdown on either of them.

Back