Why Dana is making a rematch for Velasquez ?

Ok I didn't read all the responses. Here's my take on why the quick rematch. Cain went into the first fight injuried. Seeing how it was the first Fox card pulling out with an injury was not an option. I'm sure Dana told him to take the fight and if he loses he will only have to fight one person then get the rematch. Plus JDS has to fight someone. Can't have him sitting around until a clear cut number 1 contender appears!

Dana is just buying time until he can get Overeem into a title fight, come on people. Cain was never #1 contender until Reem got suspended; Reem=controversy=Marvel super hero physique=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

because sonnen is already fighting jones.

I don't get the arrogance. Nothing against you personally. Someone who posts 296 worthless posts is still and orange belt, just as someone who posts 296 awesome posts. They are both orange belts.

The difference is that orange belts (or even yellow belts) do not make threads that have been covered 1000 times in the last 3 months. There are always certain topics that have been discussed to death. Right now, Cain getting a shot so quickly is one of them. So is all the talk about guys coming off a loss getting a title shot (diaz, edgar and sonnen), or GSP/Silva, or "Who is the best HW of all time?". The only ones still making threads about these topics are white belts. It's certainly not all white belts, but only white belts make threads like this. So before I even clicked on this thread, I knew that a white belt had made it. They generally don't make it to yellow, because someone making a thread like this, without bothering to see if anyone else has asked this question, will not stay around very long once they realize how unimportant they are here.

i personally think that jds vs. cain is the better fight.

i see overeem gassing early against dos santos and getting ko'd/tko'd.

Nah. Overeem will be in shape against Dos Santos. You have to show up for that fight. However Reem also is covered in pure muscle and those guys generally, a la Phil "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" Baroni.

Back