Why Dana is making a rematch for Velasquez ?

It's all about Mexico.

Dana wants to break into the Mexican market badly. UFC on Fox did HUGE numbers in Mexico with Cain headlining against Junior.

Traditionally, MMA hasn't done well in Mexico and boxing has dominated. All of the sudden with Cain on top, the audience grew big time and Cain was everywhere in the media. He saw Cain as the breakout star and could be someone that could release the stanglehold of boxing there.

...then Junior punched him.

This is Dana giving Cain a second chance and if he fails again, you can bet he'll get plenty more as long as Junior isn't holding the belt. Cain will be the new Faber.

I agree with this.

Before I clicked on this thread, I knew a white belt had started it.

Fucking white belts.

There actually is a story line for those of you who haven't noticed.

Apparently Satish Jha has taken offense to Cain's 'Brown Pride' tattoo. Jha considers himself to be the true Brown man at HW.
If Cain wins, Jha will issue the challenge. If JDS wins, Jha will seek out the true Brown Pride title for himself.

The HW legend.

Satish Jha has third world class striking, Joe.

Speak for yourself, I couldn't care less about Overeems title shot. JDS easily KO's him.

Overeem's talking all this crap about JDS, what better way to shut him up then to KO him? If that doesn't interest you, I can see why you have that certain fighter in your sig as #1. Makes sense now, ultimate point fighting championship fanboy.

well Overeem did screw up and Cain is in his prime and the Mexican fanbase is ripe for the picking

he'd be stupid not to give Cain a rematch now

because if Cain wins, grudge match in the near future, if Cain wins twice then the JDS loss may go down in history as a lucky punch.

if JDS dominates, then the whole matter can be put to rest and Cain will have to work his way up to contender again, they are both great fighters who put on amazing performances all the time, guaranteed blockbuster in all scenarios.

posted from work

So you'd rather have JDS sit and wait for a worthy #1 contender instead of have him fight Cain again?

I'd watch Cain vs JDS fight every saturday if it was possible.

My point is, Cain was the most worthy contender at the time JDS needed a new opponent. It's either that or not see JDS fight at all which would be dumb.

Werdum deserved it more.

4 years since they last met and Werdum's striking has improved and he's won 5/6 since then.

However,

It's all about Mexico.

Dana wants to break into the Mexican market badly. UFC on Fox did HUGE numbers in Mexico with Cain headlining against Junior.

Traditionally, MMA hasn't done well in Mexico and boxing has dominated. All of the sudden with Cain on top, the audience grew big time and Cain was everywhere in the media. He saw Cain as the breakout star and could be someone that could release the stanglehold of boxing there.

...then Junior punched him.

This is Dana giving Cain a second chance and if he fails again, you can bet he'll get plenty more as long as Junior isn't holding the belt. Cain will be the new Faber.

I'm not from the States so I don't understand what the possible pun would be?

I'm guessing though that the immigrants tend to be field workers?

online-bingo.png

Maybe because he is the second best HW in the world? Crazy thought, I know.

Just speculation, but since this fight will probably end like the first time I think the main reason for this rematch, is to make Cain reinvent himself as a LHW, and by consequence, have a real threat for Jones's reign.

you made an account to post this ???????
cain by tko

Before I clicked on this thread, I knew a white belt had started it.

Fucking white belts.

I don't get the arrogance. Nothing against you personally. Someone who posts 296 worthless posts is still and orange belt, just as someone who posts 296 awesome posts. They are both orange belts.

Everyone is just assuming that JDS knocks his block off just like the first fight. But JDS landed a flash KO and has big power, Cain couldn't recover. It wasn't like he beat the guy down for 3 rounds, totally outclassed him and then KO'd him. The UFC and many other people think this is a really competitive fight. JDS is great and I pick him to win, but Cain is no can.

Overeem's talking all this crap about JDS, what better way to shut him up then to KO him? If that doesn't interest you, I can see why you have that certain fighter in your sig as #1. Makes sense now, ultimate point fighting championship fanboy.

Overeem tarnished his legacy with PED's he is as irrelevant as the asterix next to his name. Ultimate roid fighting championship fanboy :'(

the fight everybody really wants to see is JDS vs Overeem, please don't mess this up Cain!!!

i personally think that jds vs. cain is the better fight.

i see overeem gassing early against dos santos and getting ko'd/tko'd.

awful thread. And No, Cain...a LARGE HW, isn't going to drop down to LHW.

Why is everyone's solution to everything dropping weight? That shit is kinda girly. Just fuckin get better and learn how to beat the champ.

Back