Why Dana is making a rematch for Velasquez ?

DavidDunn

White Belt
Reaction score
Just speculation, but since this fight will probably end like the first time I think the main reason for this rematch, is to make Cain reinvent himself as a LHW, and by consequence, have a real threat for Jones's reign.

Just speculation, you're an idiot.

There actually is a story line for those of you who haven't noticed.

Apparently Satish Jha has taken offense to Cain's 'Brown Pride' tattoo. Jha considers himself to be the true Brown man at HW.
If Cain wins, Jha will issue the challenge. If JDS wins, Jha will seek out the true Brown Pride title for himself.

Thank you so much for your readiness answer, since you're a fan of Ruas and Taktarov i will take that more on consideration than for your kind words

I think JDS will get dat KO again, but it won't look like the first fight. Cain will be putting up a better fight this time for sure.

There actually is a story line for those of you who haven't noticed.

Apparently Satish Jha has taken offense to Cain's 'Brown Pride' tattoo. Jha considers himself to be the true Brown man at HW.
If Cain wins, Jha will issue the challenge. If JDS wins, Jha will seek out the true Brown Pride title for himself.

Satish Jha. GOAT!

So you'd rather have JDS sit and wait for a worthy #1 contender instead of have him fight Cain again?

I'd watch Cain vs JDS fight every saturday if it was possible.

My point is, Cain was the most worthy contender at the time JDS needed a new opponent. It's either that or not see JDS fight at all which would be dumb.

it is a win win situation for Dana, Cain win, he got part 3, Cain lost, I can't see a reason for Velazquez to continue in the heavyweight.

i do believe this rematch happened way too fast
but that jones thing is dumb

the fight everybody really wants to see is JDS vs Overeem, please don't mess this up Cain!!!

I have two pieces of info for you dana doesnt make the matching by himself joe silva is the matchmaker but yes dana might give some advice here and there. The second piece of info is that cain got the rematch for much of the same reason why mir got his shot the division was at a stand still with overeem out and there was no one better to give the shot to cain is the only answer, he is marketable and the number 2 heavyweight. Who do you suppose they should have given a title shot to big nog, struve, bigfoot outside of overeem no one besides cain deserved it.

Cain is getting this match because Overeem fucked up. End of story.

I agree with the fact that no other decent contender is available, and part 2 will be a great show, but for Cain, in case he ends losing again, i think that will be the same destiny of Frank Edgar

It's all about Mexico.

Dana wants to break into the Mexican market badly. UFC on Fox did HUGE numbers in Mexico with Cain headlining against Junior.

Traditionally, MMA hasn't done well in Mexico and boxing has dominated. All of the sudden with Cain on top, the audience grew big time and Cain was everywhere in the media. He saw Cain as the breakout star and could be someone that could release the stanglehold of boxing there.

...then Junior punched him.

This is Dana giving Cain a second chance and if he fails again, you can bet he'll get plenty more as long as Junior isn't holding the belt. Cain will be the new Faber.

Just speculation, you're an idiot.

That's a little harsh but funny at the same time haha. If anyone doesn't know why he's fighting Cain again idk where they've been.

Last edited:
Back