Why are 90% of Shertards always bashing Holm and being so blind to her skill set?

I guess I'm one of the few who was impressed with Holm in her last fight.

Ive got a better question: Why are 90% of sherdog posts about Ronda Rousey?? This place has changed over the years along with this once great sport. I like Ronda and appreciate her skills but the hype around her is overkill.

Theres so many great fighters out there that arent getting recognized because everyone is on Rousey's nuts.

Whatcha gonna do when Rondamania runs wild on you? Uh..go back to watching the NFL. Football season is upon us my brothers.

Now go fuck yourself

I guess I'm one of the few who was impressed with Holm in her last fight.

I was as well, it was impressive and she was pretty dominant. I guess they people that say that she had "2" underwhelming performances didnt really pay attention to the fight and didnt see a finish so naturally assumed it wasnt impressive.

being unproven? she had her chance to prove herself, and it was very very underwhelming.

She's not 1 shot from ending a fight. She doesn't have a lot of power and has never finished anyone notable.

She has a fuckton of power in her kicks, probably more than any other female fighter. She has used that power to lay waste to multiple opponents. She almost turned out the lights of her last UFC opponent and probably would have if she had started unleashing sooner.

I think the poster who said she is practicing keeping distance for a eventual meeting with Rousey is correct. I also think her subpar showing against Rocky was pretty much all nerves.

Ive got a better question: Why are 90% of sherdog posts about Ronda Rousey?? This place has changed over the years along with this once great sport. I like Ronda and appreciate her skills but the hype around her is overkill.

Theres so many great fighters out there that arent getting recognized because everyone is on Rousey's nuts.

Whatcha gonna do when Rondamania runs wild on you? Uh..go back to watching the NFL. Football season is upon us my brothers.

Now go fuck yourself

The Ronda hype train is disgusting. It seems the mainstream media hype has bled over into traditional MMA forums. Sheeple are everywhere. The defense force of idiots who come out for Ronda is so depressing.

I'm glad she's helping to mainstream WMMA and MMA in general, but the noise that come with that is hard to swallow.

Is it because:

a) They hate Ronda and her hype so much, that whenever they think her opponent "has a zero chance" they release their frustration also towards that opponent who has done nothing to deserve that hate.

b) Their average IQ is so low they think not having X amount of ranked wins/being unproven = bad fighter.

c) They havent really payed any attention at all to Holm`s skill set, so they are just crying in chorus how she is going to lose in 30 seconds despite everything in Holm`s and Jackson/Winkeljohn`s approach to a fight game indicates otherwise. They also havent noticed how strong and athletic she is, how good defensive wrestling she has etc.

d) All above?

E) theyve seen both of her UFC fights and think her air punching, decision making style is overrated.

I just dont think she's that great, the Pennington fight told me that.

E) theyve seen both of her UFC fights and think her air punching, decision making style is overrated.

Fucking this. As boxer she was such a points fighter that she made Floyd Mayweather look like RJJ, and now she's training with Greg Jackson. I doubt she could finish a ham sandwich at this point.

The female 135 lbs division is weak and she has not been able to stand out much against opponents that aren't even in the top 10 of the weak division. How it can be hard to understand why people are less than impressed with her is beyond me.

Because a boxing "superstar" came in and hasn't knocked anyone out (in the UFC).

Her technique and strategy might be sound but god dammit please the JBG!

She has a fuckton of power in her kicks, probably more than any other female fighter. She has used that power to lay waste to multiple opponents. She almost turned out the lights of her last UFC opponent and probably would have if she had started unleashing sooner.

I think the poster who said she is practicing keeping distance for a eventual meeting with Rousey is correct. I also think her subpar showing against Rocky was pretty much all nerves.

when? when did she almost finish Reneau? I rewatched the fight last night. it's really strange...for a boxer, she almost never lands any punches in any of her fights...it's all linear kicks and the occasional head kick. she literally probably only landed 10 punches in the fight against Reneau and many of them were in that last second flurry at the end of the fight.

not sure how people were impressed by that or the Pennington fight. thought maybe it was UFC nerves so I watched the one where she head kicked the black woman. she was slightly more aggressive there but still barely landed any punches.

I mean...this is essentially her fighting style summed up by Bart and Lisa. substitute straight punches for the Leonard Garcia windmill and it's about right:

ailnj2AMt9e9i.gif

Said black woman is also a 2-5 fighter.

lol...well, in her defense, I believe she was 2-2 at the time. looked pretty outclassed and Holm STILL barely landed any punches it seemed.

Lyoto might actually land more punches in his fight and he's neither a boxer, nor a volume guy so her style is very strange to me for being an all time great boxer. even Thai dudes in MT seem to actually land punches more than she does and punches are scored low on their scoring scale.

Its weird so many people hate on the women's divisions and the lighter mens divisions but its all they ever talk about.

Why is this? Can't you just ignore it? Theres plenty of things I don't like but I just pay no attention them. Simple as that

Because they are probably like me and have never even seen Holm fight other than a few somewhat lackluster performances in the UFC. And I have seen Ronda crush everyone and every style put in front of her.

Only path for Holm is a TKO/KO with a head kick and punches or something

Here's another idea: Holm manages to avoid the early TDs, Rousey slows down and is outpointed on the feet.

It's hard to bet against Rousey, given how fast she can finish once the fight hits the ground, but Holm's most likely path to victory is a decision. She has shown all the skills to be able to pull this off.

And I have seen Ronda crush everyone and every style put in front of her.

..except that we've never seen Ronda fight a real quality striker.

The female 135 lbs division is weak and she has not been able to stand out much against opponents that aren't even in the top 10 of the weak division. How it can be hard to understand why people are less than impressed with her is beyond me.

This nails it.

She has looked nothing but average, and average isnt gonna cut it against Rousey.

Is it because:

a) They hate Ronda and her hype so much, that whenever they think her opponent "has a zero chance" they release their frustration also towards that opponent who has done nothing to deserve that hate.

b) Their average IQ is so low they think not having X amount of ranked wins/being unproven = bad fighter.

c) They havent really payed any attention at all to Holm`s skill set, so they are just crying in chorus how she is going to lose in 30 seconds despite everything in Holm`s and Jackson/Winkeljohn`s approach to a fight game indicates otherwise. They also havent noticed how strong and athletic she is, how good defensive wrestling she has etc.

d) All above?

You must be awash in friends.

Back