Why are 90% of Shertards always bashing Holm and being so blind to her skill set?

Holm isn't strong, She isn't athletic, her boxing is at the level of a low tier male amateur, her MMA specific skills are even worse. Ronda has no basic MMA skills outside Judo and she should still win comfortably. That shows just how low Holm's MMA specific skills are.

Or maybe they have actually watched her fight and realised that she isn't all that good in MMA.

Have you watched her fights, if so what chance do you give her of winning?

I agree she hasn't looked very good. However she has a very high skill set and styles make fights. She is taller than Ronda and will have the reach advantage. 2 important facts. If Ronda wants to prove a point and try to simply out box her she could get caught...it's still a fight. I give her a 10% chance to win.

I agree she hasn't looked very good. However she has a very high skill set and styles make fights. She is taller than Ronda and will have the reach advantage. 2 important facts. If Ronda wants to prove a point and try to simply out box her she could get caught...it's still a fight. I give her a 10% chance to win.

taller doesn't usually help with TDD though. the issue is that she doesn't throw with power and Ronda doesn't seem to respect the power of any of the women she's faced to date. Holm doesn't seem to actually want to touch anyone with her fists in the fights I've seen so I'm not sure how that will actually deter Ronda here.

also, Holm has been clinched up in her fights...can't let Ronda do that to her.

ANYONE could be one head kick away from winning a fight, it doesn't mean it's likely to happen. If she does try to kick she will be on her back and armbarred even faster.

She wasn't a KO machine even in boxing and the girls she head kicked KOED in MMA were not good fighters.

Ronda will finish Holm in under two minutes.
Did you not read what I wrote? We both agree that Ronda will dominate, yet you still find something to argue about. Of course it's not likely she'll land a headkick and get a KO. I'm not blind to the fact that it's possible though.

And yes, anyone can land a headkick, but Holly's chances are better than most in WMMA, albeit still a small chance. I also agree that she'd need to set it up, again not likely.

For sport, we should continue arguing though. I'm confident you'll find something, regardless of us agreeing on the outcome of the fight.

Holm has no grappling so there's pretty much no chance she wins

Her striking is excellent though. If she wasn't 34 she'd have more time to learn Jiu Jitsu

How do you know she has "no grappling"?

Back