Movies Who's the 5 most intense actors based on their performances on screen?

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
We're not talking about the Method and how they prepare or how intense they are outside of acting.

I'm talking about actors intensity on screen in their careers. Which actors do you find most intense.

Al Pacino

Robert De Niro

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Christian Bale

Tom Cruise

Laurence Olivier

Vincent D'onofrio

Daniel Day-Lewis

Gary Oldman

Ed Harris

Reactions: TCE
Gene Hackman

Jack Nicholson

Tom Hardy

Jim Carrey

Anthony Hopkins

Nicolas Cage

Joaquin Phoenix

Denzel Washington

Edward Norton

Phoenix does a very good job of not just chewing the set when the scene calls for intensity. The way he's intense in Gladiator is completely different from The Master and that's completely different from the Joker, but all of them feel truthful.

Same with Daniel Day Lewis, but he's basically amazing at everything so it sort of goes without saying.

That s a really tough one. For example is Edward Norton in rounders intense? Or Tom cruise in Eyes Wide Shut? Or Seymour Hoffman in Big Lebowski ? Or De Niro in Ronin? I don't think so, but it's the roles that were like that.

I feel like like Christian Bale, Phoenix or Daniel Day Lewis always have pretty intense roles.

The Cuckoo didn't get a lot of votes?
Nickolson been around since the time of western spaghetti, the experience gotta make him the best.

If we're only going by the scenes in the OP, this goes to Denzel - that scene in Training Day is a GOAT intense scene (honorable mention to the scene with Hackman in Crimson Tide). But Alonzo Harris was Washington's best role by far IMO and in every other movie, he's less intense.

If we're going by entire body of work, this is a toss up between Gene Hackman and Jack Nicholson. Both of those guys are old as shit and are yelling in pretty much every movie for the past 70 years.

You guessed it; Frank Stallone

iu

no dustin hoffman?

Ed Harris gets a little intense

i just watched this the day before yesterday. they dont go "all out" like that on movies anymore. so much went into 'the rock'. $$$.

That s a really tough one. For example is Edward Norton in rounders intense? Or Tom cruise in Eyes Wide Shut? Or Seymour Hoffman in Big Lebowski ? Or De Niro in Ronin? I don't think so, but it's the roles that were like that.

I feel like like Christian Bale, Phoenix or Daniel Day Lewis always have pretty intense roles.

Basically who's the most intense almost all the time. Pacino would be up there and the votes reflect that.

Not sure i've understood what you're looking for, but

Pacino
Oldman
Phoenix
Mortensen
Nicholson

Back