Movies Which group of actors is the most talented bunch?

Which group of actors is the most talented bunch?

• Total voters
This is a serious question ? 3 and not close . Literally 3 of top 10 actors ever and possibly the top 1-2 actors ever on DDL an Oldman

This is based on their generation they are born. That's how I grouped them. Just to see which generation is the strongest of them all.

Last edited:
3 but Sean Penn sucks, the others are carrying him in that group

lol To be fair to the 4th group. They are the youngest and still have so much to strive for in their careers. Wait 30 years from now and we might look at them differently.

Lol also noticed this reads like you're a diehard fan of Erick Silva.

Last edited:
Have to go with 3 and I really don't enjoy DDL much (sorry it's a visual thing - same with Hoffman). Pains me to not pick Norton as he is amongst my favorites on screen.

Nice thread!

<mma4>

Sean Penn is getting disrespected. Amazing actor who can match a scene with anyone on this list.

DDL, Oldman, & Penn is just unbeatable. Cruise & Hanks are the "weak" links. You gotta split that team up.

Have to go with 3 and I really don't enjoy DDL much (sorry it's a visual thing - same with Hoffman). Pains me to not pick Norton as he is amongst my favorites on screen.

Nice thread!

<mma4>

Thank you sir.

Sean Penn is getting disrespected. Amazing actor who can match a scene with anyone on this list.

DDL, Oldman, & Penn is just unbeatable. Cruise & Hanks are the "weak" links. You gotta split that team up.

I agree Sean Penn is an excellent actor.

lol really?

I guess you wouldn't get it if you don't post in the Heavies (I don't much anymore either). There's an ongoing meme about Erick Silva being "young and full of potential" even after he started losing consistently more than 10 years ago. And now even as a 40 yo former MMA fighter who lost 6 of his last 8 fights and has been retired since 2022, he's still a "young and promising prospect" with a lot to strive for.

No disrespect because they're not terrible, but it's kind of like positing that Paul Dano, Adam Driver and Robert Pattinson might one day be regarded on par with Brando, Hopkins, Pacino, DDL, et al.

I guess you wouldn't get it if you don't post in the Heavies (I don't much anymore either). There's an ongoing meme about Erick Silva being "young and full of potential" even after he started losing consistently more than 10 years ago. And now even as a 40 yo former MMA fighter who lost 6 of his last 8 fights and has been retired since 2022, he's still a "young and promising prospect" with a lot to strive for.

No disrespect because they're not terrible, but it's kind of like positing that Paul Dano, Adam Driver and Robert Pattinson might one day be regarded on par with Brando, Hopkins, Pacino, DDL, et al.

That's a very good opinion on the matter. But you never know really how these folks will turn out to be. I'm not saying they'll become the next Brando, DDL or Oldman. Nonetheless it's pretty early in their careers to really judge how good or probably sub par they'll be in their careers.

Back