Who's the 3 most iconic male singers of all time?

Who's the 3 most iconic male singers of all time?

• Total voters
I picked only based on overall impact, not personal preference...but was still hard. Might be way off as well.

JL is not getting nearly the cred he deserves here.
tvw_lennon_a-300x300.jpg

Otis Redding
Bill Withers
Skip James

David Lee Roth needs to be on there! Leonard Cohen needs to be on there.

Will always have a soft spot and good memories of DLR. I had tickets when I was 18 to see him and Warrant in London. Before I left work that night I asked out this woman I'd fancied for ages . She said yes.

This was back in March '91. It's now June 2020 and 29 years later, 2 kids and almost 24 years of marriage whenever I hear his name i kind of smile to myself..

Will always have a soft spot and good memories of DLR. I had tickets when I was 18 to see him and Warrant in London. Before I left work that night I asked out this woman I'd fancied for ages . She said yes.

This was back in March '91. It's now June 2020 and 29 years later, 2 kids and almost 24 years of marriage whenever I hear his name i kind of smile to myself..

I used to love when MTV had Dave TV

^ oh and all the sweet titties here

Iconic......Michael Jackson. Elvis too but that was before my time.

Best Singer? I'd have my own 3 not on that list. But from that list, also MJ.

Most iconic doesn’t necessarily mean best or favourite.

It’s prob Michael Jackson, Elvis and John Lennon.

This 100%

MJ, Elvis and the Beatles are 3 of the biggest acts ever and even though Freddie Mercury, Prince and Bowie blow them away musically, and Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Tate and Dio are my favorites, MJ/Elvis/Lenin are still to this day music icons.

Edit: Sinatra was a very close #4...but Beatlemania won out.

Michael Jackson
Freddie Mercury
Axl Rose, who should be on that list instead of Bono

There is some great artists and front men up there. Not a lot that I would call iconic "singers".

If I look at from an actual "singer" standpoint the I would probably choose guys that were often emulated by other singers.
For example. There was a rash of guys in the 90's trying to sound like Eddie Vedder. As a singer that would make him Iconic. As a front man not as much. Seems like many of those guys had their style ripped off, as opposed to their voice.
LOL those dudes tried to sound like Eddie vedder because they were like, "holy shit! You can become famous without any vocal range or singing ability!"

MJ
Elvis
Bob Marley

Honestly, I prefer Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Marvin Gaye and even Mick Jagger over Elvis but there is no way in hell anybody, with the exception of Mike Jackson, is even close to Elvis a music icon. Maybe Frank Sinatra or Prince but even that is a stretch.

MJ, Elvis and the Beatles are 3 of the biggest acts ever and even though Freddie Mercury, Prince and Bowie blow them away musically,

I agree somewhat. You could argue Freddie Mercury had the most versatile voice out of all of them but I wouldn't say Freddie, Prince, or Bowie would blow them away. And I'm a bigger fan of all of those guys with the exception of MJ

Back