Who's the 3 most iconic male singers of all time?

Who's the 3 most iconic male singers of all time?

• Total voters
Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr, Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, John Lee Hooker

queen-live-aid-freddie-mercury-1153487.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT0004270462071.jpg

MJJ_scans_1167.jpg

MJ
Elvis
James Brown. Brown's band is responsible for the the sound of hip hop and one of if not the most sampled artist in rap. Considering rap has become the primary form of pop music, I think the nod has to go to him.

My personal favorite list would be different.

I voted Elvis and Michael Jackson. I couldn’t really think of a #3 because after the two of them it becomes a hell of a lot more competitive. I think arguments can be made for Bowie, Jagger, Mercury, Sinatra, Lennon and McCartney, but I don’t think any one of them clearly stands out ahead of the rest.

I voted Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Frank Sinatra. As far as icons as male singers, I don't see who else it would be. Each dominated their era and most others listed were simply lead singers for a band or not known specifically for vocals themselves.

Interesting question!!

I voted for...
Michael Jackson
Freddy Mercury
Elvis Presley!!

There is some great artists and front men up there. Not a lot that I would call iconic "singers".

If I look at from an actual "singer" standpoint the I would probably choose guys that were often emulated by other singers.
For example. There was a rash of guys in the 90's trying to sound like Eddie Vedder. As a singer that would make him Iconic. As a front man not as much. Seems like many of those guys had their style ripped off, as opposed to their voice.

Bob Dylan is seriously underrated as a "Singer"/Frontman. Good to see him on this list.
And remove Bono! He's good at times but out of his league here.

my 1 and 2 are the guys from The Proclaimers, number three I'll take Jhonny Cash.

Micheal J (probably the biggest pop star of all time)
Sinatra (probably the best voice of all time)
Elvis (deep fried burgers)

Back