Who's the 3 most iconic male singers of all time?

Who's the 3 most iconic male singers of all time?

• Total voters
Elvis and MJ with a light-beam. 3rd is hard. I voted james brown, but i almost voted Morrison. Really don't know about number 3, could be any of them.

Kurt Cobain was a total hack. There’s nothing iconic about his below average singing ability

2 of the best singers need to be added.

Ray Charles as one of the goats in any genre.

And one of the goat rock and roll singers was actually Little Richard.

Chuck Berry was considered the father of rock/roll (rightfully so) because he had the songs.

But his voice was so/so IMO.

Little Richard was the best singer, imo.

Iconic its Elvis and Michael alone at top.

LOL those dudes tried to sound like Eddie vedder because they were like, "holy shit! You can become famous without any vocal range or singing ability!"
Now you're being ridiculous. Hes certainly no Freddy Mercury but hes a decent singer with a unique voice.

He was also no Steve Perry. Everyone is a closet Journey fan.

queen-live-aid-freddie-mercury-1153487.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT0004270462071.jpg

MJJ_scans_1167.jpg
Mount Rushmore of pop/rock right there. All 3 are known and revered GLOBALLY.

Now you're being ridiculous. Hes certainly no Freddy Mercury but hes a decent singer with a unique voice.

He doesn't have a unique voice. That's why it was so easy for all those imitators to copy him in the 90's.

He's also the GOAT. And I don't mean greatest of all time. I mean he literally sounds like a goat when he sings. Listen to this crap and tell me you're not envisioning Jim Breuer's goatboy character singing it:

jim-breuer-goat-boy.jpg

Definitely iconic. Some of my goat songs of all time were sung by this lady. A voice that has brought tears to my eyes many a time.

edda-dellorso-photo-from-festival-internazionale-castelfidaro-in-2007.png

In terms of "singers" in a rock star context:

Plant
Rose
Mercury

Now, if you want to talk artists who happened to sing, but weren't stars because of it, that's a different story.

Sinatra, Jackson and other. There were too many to pick from for my third choice.

Back