• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's someone you're certain is going to be champion in the UFC?

At the moment, I don't see any fighter who I think is certain to become champion. Every prospect and contender I can see losing to either the champion or other contenders. The one guy I have most confidence is Shavkat.

In life there are few certainties, and in MMA even fewer, but if I had to bet my life on any one fighter becoming champion, Kayla Harrison certainly feels like the safest bet.

There are a few fighters that I expect to win the belt pretty soon, and a whole bunch of fighters that I expect to win it at some point.

Within the next year or so:

Kayla Harrison
Shavkat Rakhmonov

Within the next few years:

Erin Blanchfield
Carlos Ulberg
Magomed Ankalaev
Ian Machado Garry
Sean Brady
Arman Tsarukyan
Movsar Evloev
Merab Dvalishvili
Umar Nurmagomedov
Steve Erceg
Tatsuro Taira

Should happen eventually:

Shamil Gaziev (if he fixes his cardio)
Bo Nickal (if he has chin and heart)
Khamzat Chimaev (if he fights)
Michael Morales
Sean Brady
Jaqueline Amorim

Probably Kayla Harrison is the only one I am close to certain about though.
Garry? No way lol

If he makes it to the UFC I have money on Islam Dulatov and I think My AV gives away that I think Borralho might make it.

Like many I would've said Khamzat if asked this a while back, but now not even sure we'll see him in the cage again.

Shavkat has a solid chance, and prob some others like Nickal that may trend that way after a couple ranked fights.

JDM
Holloway
Ankalaev
Maybe imavov
Garry but only if he starts eating meat again
Garry if only Shavkat and Leon decide to jump to MW. If he shows that he can beat MVP convincingly then that premise changes.

FLW: Mokaev- better than people give him credit for, almost a lock
BW: Umar- immediately champ if given title shot next
FW: was Topuria, now I'd say maybe Lopes
LW: Islam has division on lock, if I had to chose after he retired I'd pick Arman
WW: Shavkat- immediately champ if given title shot next
MW: Khamzat-immediately champ if given title shot next (if no health issue)
LHW: Ankalaev- belt is a hot potato, but he probably has best odds and style to get it if he keeps his fight IQ that day
HW: Aspinall obviously, but if that doesn't count then Almeida.

Aspinall
Ankalaev
Shavkat
Usman Nurmagomedov
Umar
Kayla
Tatiana Suarez
Taira
Khamzat (if he ever gets his health in check)

Back