Who Would You Favour Over Jones?

In theyr prime?

Fedor, JDS, Cain, Werdum, Reem, Crocop, AA, Carwin (if does'nt gas himself out, lol)

Right now?

Werdum, JDS & Cain if they are in decent shape

Brock would steamroll Jones, even now.

Stipe Reem Browne and Barnett betting favorites against a heavyweight Jon Jones?! Holy fuck this dude needs to get banned for trolling. That is legitimately the stupidest thing a sherdogger has ever written. Have you ever actually seen those guys fight? Those guys all get fucking smoked by Baby Cormier nevermind Prison Monster Jon Jones.

how the fuk do u know what a hvw jones would look like? stupid mfer

hes not going to ragdoll these monsters, like he does page machida vitor sonnen

A white girl (she'd finish him too).

He beats everybody. I think JDS will be his toughest fight.

I think Frank Mir would take Jones. He's finally learned how to punch and if one of those wrecking balls lands on Jones there might be a fatality in the cage. Jones could probably take him down but then there's the possibility of Frank intercepting one of Jones' hellbows and breaking his arm in half for a trophy.

You do know Daniel Cormier beat Roy Nelson, Bigfoot Silva, Frank Mir, and Josh Barnett, right? I just want to make sure you know this. The UFC Heavyweight division is shit besides the Top 2. They have nothing for Jon, and Jon at HW can put them all on their asses and destroy them with elbows. He will kick them in the knee, they will get frustrated, he will take them down, elbows, bloody ending. With ease.

i like you to list the height and reach of all of jon's opponents thus far. also when is the last time he's rained hellbows on somebody? vitor? i cant recall but chael? two mw's. glover, dc, shad, and gus all keep the fight standing for the most part. he's also taken a shit ton of shots of the last several fights. he's legit and he's record should say undefeated but he's not the monster you're making him out to be

*worth noting that dc has insane core strength advantage over most fighters. all the fighters you list dc beating are some of the slowest mfers on the hw roster

Cain, Werdum, JDS, Overeem, and Stipe would all slap him around with ease.

Gus, AA, and Travis Browne would have a pretty good chance.

Mir would also present a tough match up style wise.

apdpatch.jpg

I dunno. He did turn himself in...

I think Frank Mir would take Jones. He's finally learned how to punch and if one of those wrecking balls lands on Jones there might be a fatality in the cage. Jones could probably take him down but then there's the possibility of Frank intercepting one of Jones' hellbows and breaking his arm in half for a trophy.

I agree. Jones definitely wouldn't be in his comfort zone anywhere that fight would take place.

Stand against a bigger Mir and risk getting KO'd or take him down and get subbed without a doubt.

The safest way for Jones to win that fight would be to keep distance and try to jab/leg kick his way to a decision, but without a significant reach advantage theres some serious risk for him. 50/50 fight imo.

0.gif

Cain or Stipe would be favorites because of wrestling and Cardio

WErdum coulld submit him but he's not a favorite imo

I'd give Cro Cop, Browne, Mitrione, Rothwell, Hunt and a solid chance as well just based on Striking Power and experience

I'd favor Jones over Jones. I mean just look at how it's playing out so far. The guys doing a good job of beating himself.

Cain is a better version of Cormier, and not just a little better, a LOT better. Cormier gave Jon a good fight. Cormier is 5'11" with a 71inch reach. Cain is 6'1.5" with a 77 inch reach.

There is no reason to think Cain wouldn't beat Jones. If Jones absolutely destroyed Cormier, I would say OK, but he didn't.

Sorry I will not go with you back to the times where sherdog thought Cain was some invincible force. Jones is a better striker and I think he may be equal as a wrestler. Cain can win but I would favor 240lb jones

Anyone who's just as tall as him, a boxer with good footwork, and great TDD to keep it standing would be the favorite over JJ in my book. That's exactly the kind of guy he definitely DON'T want to fight, ever again.

Werdum, Cain, JDS, Overeem and Stipe.

I'd slightly favor them over Jones.

JDS - 50/50, others - Jones is favorite.

100% sea level Cain I think can take Jones... I may still give the edge to Jones but thats as close as anybody can get

To be honest I give a bigger chance to Cain than Werdum against Jones because... I dont know I think Cain can use his tools more "effectively" to knock Jones the fuck out... however I think Werdum is really a bad match up for Cain and I pick Werdum on their rematch

Back