Who Would You Favour Over Jones?

Cain is a better version of Cormier, and not just a little better, a LOT better. Cormier gave Jon a good fight. Cormier is 5'11" with a 71inch reach. Cain is 6'1.5" with a 77 inch reach.

There is no reason to think Cain wouldn't beat Jones. If Jones absolutely destroyed Cormier, I would say OK, but he didn't.

This is a very good post.

No one. People saying Mir are delusional. Jones would plow through most of the HW division like it's nothing.

apdpatch.jpg

LOL :icon_chee

Most elite HW's could beat him but be the favourite?

Last edited:
The heavy weights have a standing striking power advantage over him. So too did many of the LHW's jones ran through, and they, faster and more skilled than hw's, could barely land anything. Only gus and cormier really did, and cormier could neither finish him standing or out wrestle him, and the heavyweights never really gave Cormier much trouble there.

Basically he should be the favourite against pretty much everyone but Cain and JDS (even odds) and a slight dog to Werdum (due to his position as champ of higher weightclass).

Jones still gets his unfair reach, his skills are matched really only by Werdum (whose a bjjer/striker compared to jones wrestler/striker, which is the superior combination due to MMA scoring. He would be one of the fastest heavyweights with some of the best cardio. He would be weaker than the strongest heavies but his skillset would be enough to negate this in any situation (so you wouldn't see him out muscled, as again, cormier was ragdolling heavyweights and he couldn't out wrestle jones). Jones and cormier's MMA wrestling is GSP level OP and enough to transfer their wrestling into the larger heavy weight class.

Werdum, JDS, Cain, Overeem, Gus, Stipe

Let's not forget eye pokes and knee kicks.

I agree. Jones definitely wouldn't be in his comfort zone anywhere that fight would take place.

Stand against a bigger Mir and risk getting KO'd or take him down and get subbed without a doubt.

The safest way for Jones to win that fight would be to keep distance and try to jab/leg kick his way to a decision, but without a significant reach advantage theres some serious risk for him. 50/50 fight imo.

0.gif

There's people here who seriously think Reem has no chance vs Bones?
Really? No chance? I think he'd be the slight or moderate favorite.

Sure Reem's getting old and he's at that point where any fight he could show that he's done but assuming he's what we've seen the last few fights, he should have as good a shot as anyone. JJ isn't going to flash KO him, which is Reem's biggest weakness. Reem's has a strength advantage in the clinch and on the ground. Reem has much more powerful strikes. If JJ can run away all fight and point strike and make Reem gas he can win tho.

I don't know who the best answer is. Maybe JDS followed by a bunch of HW's. The problem with Werdum is that he's going to eat jabs standing (not guaranteed but I'm assuming) and he most certainly will have trouble taking JJ down if Cormer couldn't do it easily.

Also Jon Jones was probably not a clean fighter(and I'm not talking about coco). Those funky test levels still worry me. I hope he comes back as good as ever because we are missing his prime.

Gustafsson,and maybe JDS. But thats it. Everyone else has a very small chance against Jones

At LHW and below? No one. At HW? A couple. Would easily favor JDS, Werdum, Cain. Would need to watch Jones at HW fighting similarly sized fighters first before I include others like Arlovski and Overeem. Amazing fighter but much of his success has to do with his size.

Overeem. Jones doesn't really have have boxing to put Reems lights out and Jones would be man handled in the clinch.

i would favor Jones over Jones. no?

Werdum, Overeem, JDS, Miocic, maybe Weidman and maybe Gus.

Cain is a better version of Cormier, and not just a little better, a LOT better. Cormier gave Jon a good fight. Cormier is 5'11" with a 71inch reach. Cain is 6'1.5" with a 77 inch reach.

There is no reason to think Cain wouldn't beat Jones. If Jones absolutely destroyed Cormier, I would say OK, but he didn't.

Ive seen no indication of this at all.

Cains been layed out and tapped out now.

DC probably outwrestles Cain for sure

Back