Who Would You Favour Over Jones?

I might take Werdum and Dos Santos.

waynesworld8.gif

Vegas odds probably give Jones the advantage over anyone

I am not a big fan of jones but In MW and LHW...no one..

a lot of hw's are nightmare match ups for jones. does any one think he'd just have his way and tool werdum? what about dos santos? overeem? how bout josh barnett? do you think he could just pin barnett against the cage and clinch with him? its not like bones is know for having any KO power. in his current division i believe gus might be a threat but thats about it

If he bulked up to 245-255? Absolutely. People need to remember the Jon we see is a guy who cut shit tons of weight that week. Without weight cut + a bunch of muscle? Absolutely terrifying man. With the right camp he would be 265 and still float like a butterfly, but I think thats unrealistic for Jon, just not in his reality. 245-255 best we would see I think.

i'd be inclined to take those odds. i dont see any signifigant advantage he holds over most hw's. his size and reach, while still employing some reach advantage over most hw's is a wash. again he has virtually no ko power. i'd favor him over lower ranked guys based on his skill set but thats about it

a lot of hw's are nightmare match ups for jones. does any one think he'd just have his way and tool werdum? what about dos santos? overeem? how bout josh barnett? do you think he could just pin barnett against the cage and clinch with him? its not like bones is know for having any KO power. in his current division i believe gus might be a threat but thats about it

Jon has a longer reach than pretty much every heavyweight. That advantage doesn't disappear. Jon would obviously bulk up and put on functional muscle while not losing any speed. The HW's would be slower than anyone he has ever fought. JDS is the fastest guy in the division but his reach is 7 inches shorter than Jon's so he isn't getting anywhere near him without getting his world fucked up and put on his ass. People forget how good Jon is. Cain and Werdum are the only ones. Jon isn't gonna get tired fighting heavyweights, these guys are only getting slower and Jon will pick them apart and take no damage.

i'd be inclined to take those odds. i dont see any signifigant advantage he holds over most hw's. his size and reach, while still employing some reach advantage over most hw's is a wash. again he has virtually no ko power. i'd favor him over lower ranked guys based on his skill set but thats about it

This is just ridiculous. How is his reach advantage "a wash?" It's not a logical thing to say. Do you just not understand how good Jon is, or are you a hater? Did you watch Overeem vs Roy Nelson? That is essentially what Jon is going to do to everyone, except Jon has a longer reach, by a few inches. He is faster and he is used to fighting faster people. He can take down anyone but Cain and maybe Werdum. He is strong as fuck, and obviously he would put muscle if he was fighting at heavyweight. There is no reason to think he wouldn't be able to take everyone at HW down and destroy them with elbows.

Who would I favour, or who would I favor? :icon_conf

There isnt anyone that I would favor over jones in a fight. He would be pick em with werdum. Lol at you people who still think Cain has something jones can't handle. I definitely favor jones in that one.

Any top 5 hw can beat him as the power punches in that division end fights regularly.

This is just ridiculous. How is his reach advantage "a wash?" It's not a logical thing to say. Do you just not understand how good Jon is, or are you a hater? Did you watch Overeem vs Roy Nelson? That is essentially what Jon is going to do to everyone, except Jon has a longer reach, by a few inches. He is faster and he is used to fighting faster people. He can take down anyone but Cain and maybe Werdum. He is strong as fuck, and obviously he would put muscle if he was fighting at heavyweight. There is no reason to think he wouldn't be able to take everyone at HW down and destroy them with elbows.

i stand by what i said. i'm not a hater, the guy is a beast at lhw. did you not see the problems he had when he fought someone his own size? he's like the prefectly constructed lhw but he is a lhw. adding 20 lbs isnt going to make him some kind of KO machine. yes he still has reach on the hw division but not nearly what he employs at lhw. add the fact that against a fair share of hw's he wouldn't have a height advantage and the reach may not help him as much. again if he were to move up, i'd take the odd's with a decent amount of the hw division.

Werdoom and Cain but I would give Jones a great shot at winning those fights. Call me crazy but I think Gus can give him hell as well. Other than those 3 , he murks everyone.

There isnt anyone that I would favor over jones in a fight. He would be pick em with werdum. Lol at you people who still think Cain has something jones can't handle. I definitely favor jones in that one.

Any top 5 hw can beat him as the power punches in that division end fights regularly.

Cain is a better version of Cormier, and not just a little better, a LOT better. Cormier gave Jon a good fight. Cormier is 5'11" with a 71inch reach. Cain is 6'1.5" with a 77 inch reach.

There is no reason to think Cain wouldn't beat Jones. If Jones absolutely destroyed Cormier, I would say OK, but he didn't.

Favor? No one
Best chance? Still Gus

i highly doubt that.

Cain JDS Reem Stipe Werdum Browne hell maybe even barnett would be betting favorites imo.

All would whooop his ass no doubt

i stand by what i said. i'm not a hater, the guy is a beast at lhw. did you not see the problems he had when he fought someone his own size? he's like the prefectly constructed lhw but he is a lhw. adding 20 lbs isnt going to make him some kind of KO machine. yes he still has reach on the hw division but not nearly what he employs at lhw. add the fact that against a fair share of hw's he wouldn't have a height advantage and the reach may not help him as much. again if he were to move up, i'd take the odd's with a decent amount of the hw division.

You do know Daniel Cormier beat Roy Nelson, Bigfoot Silva, Frank Mir, and Josh Barnett, right? I just want to make sure you know this. The UFC Heavyweight division is shit besides the Top 2. They have nothing for Jon, and Jon at HW can put them all on their asses and destroy them with elbows. He will kick them in the knee, they will get frustrated, he will take them down, elbows, bloody ending. With ease.

i highly doubt that.

Cain JDS Reem Stipe Werdum Browne hell maybe even barnett would be betting favorites imo.

All would whooop his ass no doubt

Stipe Reem Browne and Barnett betting favorites against a heavyweight Jon Jones?! Holy fuck this dude needs to get banned for trolling. That is legitimately the stupidest thing a sherdogger has ever written. Have you ever actually seen those guys fight? Those guys all get fucking smoked by Baby Cormier nevermind Prison Monster Jon Jones.

Back