Who would win in a street fight? if Conor and Khabib fought?

If you fall 6 feet to the pavement on your head, you are out, with another man driving you with their weight, into the pavement, I wouldn’t doubt an ambulance is in your future

khabib. how is this even a question...how is this even a thread?

Khabib would beat his ass the same as he did in the cage and he wouldn't have to stop for rounds.

Conor could bite a chunk or two out of khabib in the clinch and then following up with some dirty blows while hes hurt.

Look into what Bas Rutten has to say about biting the superior grappler in a street fight.

An even easier fight for Khabib, he'd just take him down to the hard concrete floor or just slam his head to a brick wall. Conor would gas in 4 minutes instead of his usual 7. Would be awkward to watch though cause Conor would be tapping but only Khabib decides whether he should let go of the hold or not.

Bring 2 coffins and a priest! Extra one for Artem

They already fought one on one in hand to hand combat and Khabib won soundly. If it was a street fight, Conor never gets up from the first takedown and gets beaten even worse.

“Street fighting” doesn’t make wrestling and control any less effective.

Hahaha

Khabib dumps Connie on his head, easily. You realize basically all Khabib’s takedowns happen, in the clinch, right?

I honestly think Conor avatars make you retarded

It's harder to get the clinch when you can't back your opponent up against the cage

Assuming that khabib could land a take down like that in a street fight. Conor can land illegal strikes right on that head of his aInd poke his eyes out while khabib is holding on to him.

If they entered a clinch it would be over for khabib.

If they entered a clinch Khabib would send him flying

wWANBjR.gif

Khabib would take him down....the end. Conor like in the mma fight, would be on the bottom, and there would never be a bell to stop khabib from keeping him there until the fight was over. It would not even be close at all. Khabib would own him

When ben askren was getting pounded before he recovered he would be dead meat. Robbie was smashing him down, almost sent his head flying through the fucking octagon.

Shut the fanboying.

Why wasn’t Askren dead meat in the fight then?

I’m just not understanding in what sense you think the unified rules of MMA saved him.

Assuming that khabib could land a take down like that in a street fight. Conor can land illegal strikes right on that head of his and poke his eyes out while khabib is holding on to him.

If they entered a clinch it would be over for khabib.

They’d both be able to poke eyes, strike the groin, land shots to the back of the head, throw soccer kicks, and manipulate small joints.

It sounds like you’re picturing Khabib following the usual sanctioned MMA script and then imagining only Conor using illegal techniques.

I suggest watching their fight again—particularly when Khabib was on top since that’s the scenario you mentioned—and ask yourself, which of these men would be in greater danger if his opponent decided to drive his thumbs into his eye sockets, snap his fingers back, and stomp his balls?

If conor can defend one take down (which he would be able to) and then lands a good strike, khabib will be stumbling, conor can then use that opportunity to kick khabib right in the balls, maybe even punch him down there too. along with landing blows he couldn't in the octagon.

Your post [my replies in brackets]:

If Conor can defend one take down (which he would be able to) [he couldn’t in their fight] and then lands a good strike [he didn’t in their fight] khabib will be stumbling [he wasn’t in their fight], conor can then use that opportunity to kick khabib right in the balls, maybe even punch him down there too. along with landing blows he couldn't in the octagon.

My response:

It sounds like you just think Conor would do better next time. And maybe he would. Not seeing how the absence of rules would help though.

Last edited:
Conor could bite a chunk or two out of khabib in the clinch and then following up with some dirty blows while hes hurt.

Or, Khabib would bite Conor and follow up with some dirty blow.

Conor has done an great job of convincing a lot of fans that he is the tough, scrappy, junkyard dog in his rivalries while his opponents are all just beta athletes who depend on rules to handcuff Conor and protect them from his deadliness.

What evidence is there that Conor has any more toughness, heart or ferocity than your average pro fighter? Or that the rules of sanctioned MMA have inured to the benefit of his foes rather than to his?

The two times I can remember Conor being in a submission hold in the UFC he’s tapped out immediately (not to mention the 38 second capitulation to Joe Duffy). And off-hand I can’t think of a single time that the end of a round rescued Conor’s opponent from danger or a bad position, whereas I can remember him being saved numerous times. And then there’s his whimpering about “just business.”

I like Conor McGregor a lot. But if there is anyone who has made it to the top based on skill and athletic discipline rather than heart and scrap, the evidence says that it’s Conor.

Back