In a rematch between Khabib and Conor, who would be the A-side?

Conor always, Khabib is a max 700k guy on his own (and that's being generous), he got a serious boost from the 229 fight against Conor, before that he was doing 350k buys in title fights.

Conor can fight literally anyone on the roster and do an easy 1.2mil buys right now bare minimum.

Even at Khabibs peak he wasn't touching 700k unless Conor was involved. I think his last fight against Gaethje was in the 650k range. They are not comparable on the commercial side, Khabib was largely unknown to the general public before the Conor fight, his fight against #9 ranked real estate agent Iaquinta did around 350k buys. He literally went from a guy most people didn't care to watch, to a household name amongst the casual fanbase just because of the Conor fight. Conor could've fought anyone after his 4mil buy event versus Mayweather, and that other opponent would've become a household name.

The A side is the guy who can make money and sell events anywhere he goes, Conor can fight Bobby Green and it'd be the biggest MMA event in years.
You make some interesting points, but it strikes me as dependent on the circumstances. Put either fighter against some mid-tier fighter, I agree, Conor sells more tickets. Put either fighter in a title fight or against the likes of a GSP, and I for one, think Khabib would draw more. But of course, I could be wrong. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself. Personally, I think Conor's washed up and not very interesting at this point compared to Khabib.

I blame Floyd for all this "A Side" nonsense. Either way, Conor is obviously the biggest draw in MMA.

even tho conor is annoying retard and no longer a top 15 fighter, he's still easily the most popular fighter in mma.

Considering Conor has kept his name out there with shit like the Roadhouse remake, I don't Khabib is currently pulling the popularity of the two.

Unless Khabib does a remake of Red Heat or something
5b6197b885600a65591188c0.jpg

Probably close to even, but Sherdog really over estimates Khabib's value.

Khabib is the Russian/Muslim guy who beat Conor to so many casuals.

Back