Who would win Adensanya-Mousasi?

I am assuming you didn't see the fight against Shlemenko -
That was definitely not even close to an impressive performance.

This is a match up that is definitely 50--50.
Jesus- he broke his fucking eye socket 45 seconds in(to shlemeks- credit) and still won. Hed still be A MASSIVE FAVORITE in re match.

People immediately erase Mousasi bad performances as if hes just underperforming.

Unless Mousasi can get Izzy to the ground he gets pieced the fuck up.
Lol - no, hes 46-6 and has fought successfully in every top promotion and has wore gold in every promotion except UFC where he didnt get chance and was on cusp of BEFORE HE LEFT.Hes also never lost 2 in a row over 16 years of fighting. He doesnt get enough credit .
The problem with most mma fans(like you), is the basic common sense that on plenty of occasions- elite fighters come to UFC and suffer 1 or 2 EARLY SETBACKS and realize changes need to be made and then go on to be UFC champ (stipe, rockhold, RDA, t-wood just off top of head).Its my opinion Gegard was heading in that exact boat but ufc didn't want to pay up. Gegard, from what I understand, was being rather reasonable too. UFC brain fart- it happens.

Outside 13 seconds in Japan(which he later avenged in easy 1st round fashion), he hasnt lost in 5 years (jacare- who hed destroy today which isnt saying much - you see how I'm referencing a fight long ago and admitting it wouldn't be same today because of a decline).

Think.

I will continue to be the defender of Gegard Mousasi and all I do is make "reasonable " points. Hes not Mamed where hes got some crazy record fighting in non top promotions.

Gegard is an astonishing 46-6 since age 17 and is in prime now and watching best version of him at age 33.Hes never lost 2 in a row and has done all this wearing gold in every top promotion over 3 different weight classes.He didnt get his fair chance in UFC where he fought out final contract at 7-1 [12-3 under zuffa umbrella] as he left.
He continued to evolve as a fighter upon his departure.
At beginning of negotiation period- FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW-, Bisping Mousasi title fight was on the table only for Bisping to decline and I quote " Bisping Mousasi is bad for business " .... " I'm the champ and I call the shots ".

Mousasi certainly one of the top middleweights in world currently..... as far as #1, well that's debatable . He could win or LOSE to any of the current top 3-4 185ers today(he being one of them).

I try to be fair in breaking down any fighter....including Gegard (even if I admitting-ly have a bias).

I have noticed there is a lot of bias against fighters from NZ. Izzy seems to be getting it done and everyone from all over the world is salty as fuck about it. Much the same as people thought about The Reaper.
There is a reason Moose left the UFC and I doubt it was because of the money.
nobody cares about new zealand lol

Moose is a good striker when you fight him in a conventional kickboxing setting. He can't get into his game when folks don't meet him in the middle like Machida. I think Moose is a really underrated grappler and it's a much easier fight if he can exploit the ground.
Adesanya has a career in a conventional kiclboxing setting.
But I agree Mousasi would rather find his way through grappling

Mousasi is 10-1 since that fight. His previous 10 before that he went 7-2-1...but he was on his prime then? K
Yes after 40 fights you are as good as you are going to get. After he beat the Chris he ducked out to Bellator even though he could have been getting close to a title shot but knew he would get another L in UFC before that happened. He probably needed to get on TRT to maintain his path.

" little bitch" ... please- the pre USADA hulking jacare implemented his game plan and dominated fight in wec sized cage and was frustrated through 3 rounds cause he couldn't get sub until he eventually did. Hey - I'm glad for that fight which now they're 1-1 but more importantly after that fight Gegard Mousasi finally understood now in UFC, his training changed DRAMATICALLY and now we see the Mousasi today.

No more " my brother is head trainer" No more " well, we bring some friends in that are big wrestlers". No more " well we go to this place cause my brother knows some good guys".
Thankful for that fight. HE HASNT LOST SINCE in 5 years ( not counting Japan 13 second fluke which he later put stamp of validation).
You dont have to look like a hulk to be using TRT or other prohibited drugs. He was getting close to a title shot in the UFC but left for Bellator anyway. He knew he would take a loss and knew he needed TRT or something else. He is very good but simply not elite. Lost to UH and almost lost to Schlemenko. You say fluke but its a loss none the less. The loss to UH is what cost him a title shot in the UFC. The closest Izzy has come to a loss is Gastelum and even then, in round 5, when it counted most, he scored a 10-8 and almost finished him. Izzy has heart that folding chair Moose will never have.

You dont have to look like a hulk to be using TRT or other prohibited drugs. He was getting close to a title shot in the UFC but left for Bellator anyway. He knew he would take a loss and knew he needed TRT or something else. He is very good but simply not elite. Lost to UH and almost lost to Schlemenko. You say fluke but its a loss none the less. The loss to UH is what cost him a title shot in the UFC. The closest Izzy has come to a loss is Gastelum and even then, in round 5, when it counted most, he scored a 10-8 and almost finished him. Izzy has heart that folding chair Moose will never have.
He was undefeated fighting under USADA, what the fuck makes you think he needs TRT or something else?

Also, he would've beaten both Jacare and Macheata if they fought again during USADA.

Lol - no, hes 46-6 and has fought successfully in every top promotion and has wore gold in every promotion except UFC where he didnt get chance and was on cusp of BEFORE HE LEFT.Hes also never lost 2 in a row over 16 years of fighting. He doesnt get enough credit .
The problem with most mma fans(like you), is the basic common sense that on plenty of occasions- elite fighters come to UFC and suffer 1 or 2 EARLY SETBACKS and realize changes need to be made and then go on to be UFC champ (stipe, rockhold, RDA, t-wood just off top of head).Its my opinion Gegard was heading in that exact boat but ufc didn't want to pay up. Gegard, from what I understand, was being rather reasonable too. UFC brain fart- it happens.

Outside 13 seconds in Japan(which he later avenged in easy 1st round fashion), he hasnt lost in 5 years (jacare- who hed destroy today which isnt saying much - you see how I'm referencing a fight long ago and admitting it wouldn't be same today because of a decline).

Think.
Yeah left UFC when was on cusp of a title shot. When you dont get what you want in business you dont leave for a lesser option. You hunker down and battle it out. The reality is twofold. One, he needed a USADA free environment to continue to fight. Two, he knew he needed to face the big boys to get a title shot and that would result in an L. So actually going to Bellator was a good business decision because he could reign in Bellator where he knew that would never happen in UFC.

He was undefeated fighting under USADA, what the fuck makes you think he needs TRT or something else?

Also, he would've beaten both Jacare and Macheata if they fought again during USADA.
Hes had 51 fights. Imagine how low his testosterone is after fighting that long in the pre USADA era.

Yeah left UFC when was on cusp of a title shot. When you dont get what you want in business you dont leave for a lesser option. You hunker down and battle it out. The reality is twofold. One, he needed a USADA free environment to continue to fight. Two, he knew he needed to face the big boys to get a title shot and that would result in an L. So actually going to Bellator was a good business decision because he could reign in Bellator where he knew that would never happen in UFC.
If Moose thought he could win the UFC belt he would have stayed there. Bellator yearly revenue is about 5% of UFC so he could have made a shitload more on sponsors etc if he became the champ of the UFC compared to Bellator. I think it pretty clear even Moose himself didnt think he could make it to the top of UFC.

I think its funny how everyone ignores the obvious achievements of Israel. I am not sold on Israel either but Its clear he's amongst the best. Mousasi got tooled by Souza like he was a little bitch and that was in Moose's prime. To say Israel will be demolished, like most of the idiots on here, is a real stretch. There is no evidence that Moose could take him down and the striking would likely favor Izzy.
Would it though? Moose has better wins in kickboxing than Izzy. Hes beat a K1 champ clearly..

I think his boxing is waaaaay better and his defense is outstanding. Plus hes obviously way more experienced and proven. Theres really no reason to favor Izzy other than youth

He's using the "I have no evidence of him needing it, or using it but I'm going to assume he left so he could duck competition and testing" approach. Rarely used, it's a bold strategy.

I think the UFC got rid of Moose because they didn't want him taking the title but meanwhile he continued to take out all of the hype jobs they were trying.

I'm not sure why everyone is using the Jacare fight as reason why Mousasi would lose. He's 10-1 since then, and only one of those fights were competitive. The only reason it was competitive is because he got clipped early in the first round and fought 2.5 rounds with one eye and still won. You cant say the first Hall fight was competitive, Mousasi took him down in the first round and outstruck him 34-5 and almost submitted him, Hall landed that kick right at the start of the 2nd and ended it.

If you have to go back 4 years and 8 months to say "remember that fight where he lost? yeah no way he beats **** today" - you might want to find a new argument.

I think the UFC got rid of Moose because they didn't want him taking the title but meanwhile he continued to take out all of the hype jobs they were trying.
They didn't really "get rid of him" they matched his Bellator offer but he turned it down. He said he has more freedom in Bellator and Coker actually respects his employees unlike Dana and the UFC. They tried to keep him, he said thanks but no thanks. He's talking about retiring when this contract runs out so it makes sense. Go with the org that will actually respect you AND pay you.

Back