Who would win Adensanya-Mousasi?

They didn't really "get rid of him" they matched his Bellator offer but he turned it down. He said he has more freedom in Bellator and Coker actually respects his employees unlike Dana and the UFC. They tried to keep him, he said thanks but no thanks. He's talking about retiring when this contract runs out so it makes sense. Go with the org that will actually respect you AND pay you.
I think if the UFC really wanted to keep him they would have more than matched Bellator's offer. He was not a company man and was the elephant in the room at 185.

Mousasi toys with Adesanya. He finishes the fight any way he wants. They aren't even nearly on the same level.

I like gegard a lot more than izzy but I think izzy beats him atm. Gegard sadly isn't aggresive enough, would lose a dec ala machida. I doubt he tds israel too, if he did he likely smashes him tho

Lol - no, hes 46-6 and has fought successfully in every top promotion and has wore gold in every promotion except UFC where he didnt get chance and was on cusp of BEFORE HE LEFT.Hes also never lost 2 in a row over 16 years of fighting. He doesnt get enough credit .
The problem with most mma fans(like you), is the basic common sense that on plenty of occasions- elite fighters come to UFC and suffer 1 or 2 EARLY SETBACKS and realize changes need to be made and then go on to be UFC champ (stipe, rockhold, RDA, t-wood just off top of head).Its my opinion Gegard was heading in that exact boat but ufc didn't want to pay up. Gegard, from what I understand, was being rather reasonable too. UFC brain fart- it happens.

Outside 13 seconds in Japan(which he later avenged in easy 1st round fashion), he hasnt lost in 5 years (jacare- who hed destroy today which isnt saying much - you see how I'm referencing a fight long ago and admitting it wouldn't be same today because of a decline).

Think.

Blah, blah, blah hes going to lose to Carvalho o
That's a pretty ridiculous statement for a guy who fought in K-1 when it still mattered and won. Mousasi is a better striker than Gastelum(and way more well rounded) and he nearly KOed Izzy.

Mousasi got outstruck by a guy who got ko'd by Derek Brunson. Mousasi got ko'd by Uriah Hall. Mousasi got out grappled by King Mo.

Yet somehow Adesanya getting hurt by a top 5 mw is more damning?

Lastly only a true nut gobbler would act like Mousasi's a more decorated Kickboxer than Adesanya. You may have surpassed Franklin u as the poster most likely to eat Mousasi's ass.

Mousasi got outstruck by a guy who got ko'd by Derek Brunson. Mousasi got ko'd by Uriah Hall. Mousasi got out grappled by King Mo.

Lastly only a true nut gobbler would act like Mousasi's a more decorated Kickboxer than Adesanya. You may have surpassed Franklin u as the poster most likely to eat Mousasi's ass.

MMA math doesn't work.

Machida was top 5 when Mousasi lost to him but you neglect to mention it cause it hurts your argument(so you say the guy that lost to Brunson who has clearly declined since, as has Machida). Hall got dominated in the rematch but again, it hurts your argument so you only talk about the first fight.

King Mo was a top 10 LHW(not a MW or a striker) when he beat Mousasi and it was a very debated decision. King Mo is a wrestler and you're bringing him up when were talking about Mousasi vs Isreal for what purpose?

Where did I say that Mousasi is a better kickboxer than Isreal?

Last edited:
On the other hand it's these type of reactions that I simply don't get! He got caught against Hall, lost a chess match against a Still Elite Machida, and lost to a Prime Jacare. 3 defeats granted... but afterwards he was smoking guys thought! Current MW are lucky he got out when he did. And not to point any fingers... but when USADA came in... he's one of the guys who didn't change for 1 iota... while others suddenly went on noticeable decline! Just Sayin!
He legitimately lost against Hall. He had moments in that fight where he had a clear advantage and he couldn't capitalize on those moments. It was not a fluke, it was a legit win from Hall who has a tendency to mentally fail in the octagon, but in that fight he lived up to his potential.

Of the current MW's he beats the mid-tier guys but loses to the elite and that's honestly why I think he left. Once a Rockhold fight started to be mentioned around the end of his contract he left for Bellator after his best win against Weidman.

As I see it Whitaker, Adesanya, Rockhold, and Romero beat him handily like Machida did, a Machida, that imo was already past his prime.

USADA has nothing to do with this we don't know who's using and who's not, heck Magny just got busted with something and he's a legit nice guy.

If ya acknowledge the win over Jacaré, then ya have to acknowledge the one over Kang too.
Denis Kang is an ok fighter who went 1-2 in the UFC. He's not amazing and lost to most of the best guys he fought.

Adesanya has a career in a conventional kiclboxing setting.
But I agree Mousasi would rather find his way through grappling
Israel does but does he fight like a conventional kickboxer? He can but he doesn't do so. Moose isn't the type to run at an opponent to brawl to force that type of encounter.

The fans win.

That's a sensational fight, on paper.

It really irks me that Mousasi was allowed to leave and we have Aspen Ladd on main cards.

Izzy is VERY lucky to be coming up into his prime right now at MD. You dismissing a Prime Jacare like he was a Bum is in fact making YOU the idiot. If you honestly think Izzy could've gotten past the murderous row of MD that just got past the fence consisting of Jacare, Yoel, Luke, Weidman, Machida, Silva & Kennedy without a loss... I want sum of that Good Stuff You Smokin Man! My bet is that only prime Anderson could get past these monsters... and I'm not even sure prime Anderson could beat a Game Rockhold! I like Izzy's demeanor... but c'mon lets keep things real here!

Prime Anderson would crack open Rockhold's chin and snatch his salty little soul.

Denis Kang is an ok fighter who went 1-2 in the UFC. He's not amazing and lost to most of the best guys he fought.
What...are....ya...talkin´about....

cruz.gif

OK wut?

Ya´re aware that he made it to the finals, in that Pride WW GP? where he lost via Split against Misaki?
Ya watched the fights against Misaki, Suloev, Ninja, Semenov etc?

You dont have to look like a hulk to be using TRT or other prohibited drugs. He was getting close to a title shot in the UFC but left for Bellator anyway. He knew he would take a loss and knew he needed TRT or something else. He is very good but simply not elite. Lost to UH and almost lost to Schlemenko. You say fluke but its a loss none the less. The loss to UH is what cost him a title shot in the UFC. The closest Izzy has come to a loss is Gastelum and even then, in round 5, when it counted most, he scored a 10-8 and almost finished him. Izzy has heart that folding chair Moose will never have.
You know very little about this sport.lol

Yeah left UFC when was on cusp of a title shot. When you dont get what you want in business you dont leave for a lesser option. You hunker down and battle it out. The reality is twofold. One, he needed a USADA free environment to continue to fight. Two, he knew he needed to face the big boys to get a title shot and that would result in an L. So actually going to Bellator was a good business decision because he could reign in Bellator where he knew that would never happen in UFC.
You obviously dont know what went down or the 90 day negotiation period. I cant debate with you cause you dont make sense and you dont make sense cause you're talking out of your ass cause , AGAIN- you obviously know little and even less about the man who's been a fucking cage fighter for 16 years you goof.

Sacy fans are the worst. Been following jis career since strikeforce. He fights way to relaxed, abd lost every big fight to prove himself as the best 185er. He was never the best 185er. Never will be. At this point Izzy is only getting better and unispired Moose is 1 or 2 fights away from retirement. Izzy takes it.

He finshed Carvalho in 1 round...

He dominated Hall, and got caught, then dominated him in the rematch.

The king mo fight was a decade ago.

Gotta try harder than this.

He legitimately lost against Hall. He had moments in that fight where he had a clear advantage and he couldn't capitalize on those moments. It was not a fluke, it was a legit win from Hall who has a tendency to mentally fail in the octagon, but in that fight he lived up to his potential.

Of the current MW's he beats the mid-tier guys but loses to the elite and that's honestly why I think he left. Once a Rockhold fight started to be mentioned around the end of his contract he left for Bellator after his best win against Weidman.

As I see it Whitaker, Adesanya, Rockhold, and Romero beat him handily like Machida did, a Machida, that imo was already past his prime.

USADA has nothing to do with this we don't know who's using and who's not, heck Magny just got busted with something and he's a legit nice guy.
Dude can this post be any further from the truth?

You think he ran away from Rockhold?
https://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/gegard-mousasi-offered-luke-rockhold-ufc-215-bellator-offer
Machida "beat him handily' - have you even watched that fight?

Mousasi wins by being the best MW in the world currently.

Moose beat a younger hunt in mma.. i do consider younger hunt a bigger threat to moose in kb than adesanya and moose is not above grappling..

Moose by 1/2rd sub..

Back