Who would win Adensanya-Mousasi?

I never got the Mousasi hype. The guy never delivered and performed meh against the top tier of guys aside from the up kick win against Jacare. Besides that he beats most mid-level guys who were never title contenders (Hall and Litifi etc) or old way past their prime vets (Hendo and Vitor)

Great fight, Mousasi prob would open as slight favorite but its pick em with lots of possible finishes

Moose is a good striker when you fight him in a conventional kickboxing setting. He can't get into his game when folks don't meet him in the middle like Machida. I think Moose is a really underrated grappler and it's a much easier fight if he can exploit the ground.
this
Mousasi will piece you up if you fight him at his pace and his range, but has trouble being proactive versus a fighter who doesn't fight the way he wants to.

I say Mousasi wins by a slim margined UD due to his wrestling if he can take Israel . If his wrestling fails then Israel wins a UD

Izzy is VERY lucky to be coming up into his prime right now at MD. You dismissing a Prime Jacare like he was a Bum is in fact making YOU the idiot. If you honestly think Izzy could've gotten past the murderous row of MD that just got past the fence consisting of Jacare, Yoel, Luke, Weidman, Machida, Silva & Kennedy without a loss... I want sum of that Good Stuff You Smokin Man! My bet is that only prime Anderson could get past these monsters... and I'm not even sure prime Anderson could beat a Game Rockhold! I like Izzy's demeanor... but c'mon lets keep things real here!
You made my point for me. Mousasi went up against the best the division had at that time in Jacare and he got tooled. People always say this fight game is made up of levels. Mousasi looked several levels below Jacare that night. Gastelum was scheduled to fight the champion so clearly he is currently one of the best and lost to adesanya.

People always think that fighters from the past were better than fighters from the present but in reality the opposite is true. You made that case yourself regarding Anderson Silva. fighters and the fight game itself continues to evolve. fighters are starting younger and younger. The talent just keeps getting stronger so when you don't see fighters dominating another fighter you assume that's cuz they're not as good but really it's because fighters in general are that much better now.

A good example is GSP. As he continued in his career the fighters he was fighting we're better and better and so therefore harder to get the finish.

I never got the Mousasi hype. The guy never delivered and performed meh against the top tier of guys aside from the up kick win against Jacare. Besides that he beats most mid-level guys who were never title contenders (Hall and Litifi etc) or old way past their prime vets (Hendo and Vitor)
On the other hand it's these type of reactions that I simply don't get! He got caught against Hall, lost a chess match against a Still Elite Machida, and lost to a Prime Jacare. 3 defeats granted... but afterwards he was smoking guys thought! Current MW are lucky he got out when he did. And not to point any fingers... but when USADA came in... he's one of the guys who didn't change for 1 iota... while others suddenly went on noticeable decline! Just Sayin!

On the other hand it's these type of reactions that I simply don't get! He got caught against Hall, lost a chess match against a Still Elite Machida, and lost to a Prime Jacare. 3 defeats granted... but afterwards he was smoking guys thought! Current MW are lucky he got out when he did. And not to point any fingers... but when USADA came in... he's one of the guys who didn't change for 1 iota... while others suddenly went on noticeable decline! Just Sayin!

I am assuming you didn't see the fight against Shlemenko -
That was definitely not even close to an impressive performance.

This is a match up that is definitely 50--50.

USADA came in and he went to Bellator. Effects of Steroids dont wear off instantly. There are still benefits for quite some time after. He wouldnt leave Bellator now because prolly needs at least testosterone if not other things.

I am assuming you didn't see the fight against Shlemenko -
That was definitely not even close to an impressive performance.

This is a match up that is definitely 50--50.
This. People seem to view Moose with rose colored glasses. We havent seen a terrible performance from Izzy but we have from Moose.

Moose hadnt had enough time to get back on the juice as this was his first fight in Bellator.

This. People seem to view Moose with rose colored glasses. We havent seen a terrible performance from Izzy but we have from Moose.

Moose hadnt had enough time to get back on the juice as this was his first fight in Bellator.

People immediately erase Mousasi bad performances as if hes just underperforming.

Unless Mousasi can get Izzy to the ground he gets pieced the fuck up.

Last edited:
Depends on whether Gegard's eye blows up in te first round. I think Izzy is great but I favor Whittaker to beat him and I think Gegard beats him too.

I have noticed there is a lot of bias against fighters from NZ. Izzy seems to be getting it done and everyone from all over the world is salty as fuck about it. Much the same as people thought about The Reaper.
There is a reason Moose left the UFC and I doubt it was because of the money.
Except Izzy is from Nigeria and Robs Aussie as! Dont worry you will get a good fighter soon brew, dont need to steal ours all the time.

I feel like some people kind of brushed Israel off here simply because his last two wins came 5 round ok but not fun fights

Last edited:
Mousasi gets Israel down with a judo trip. You don't see Mousasi shooting for takedowns one after the other, but he is good at timing trips. And if he is on top of you you go nowhere. Mousasi is a strong soab.

If ya acknowledge the win over Jacaré, then ya have to acknowledge the one over Kang too.

On paper it's 100% Moose but if it was in the UFC then Izzy, since Moose has this curse which makes him fail in key UFC fights. :p

Mousasi gets Israel down with a judo trip. You don't see Mousasi shooting for takedowns one after the other, but he is good at timing trips. And if he is on top of you you go nowhere. Mousasi is a strong soab.
Is he? I think he's better at mat-dragging people from the waist lock than tripping people. Kinda similar to what Rockhold does.

Back