Who works overnights?

i did for a while but couldn't handle it.

anyone here ever stayed up late and done blow all night? you know how crappy you feel once the sun comes up?

that's how it was for me basically every second after like 11pm. i couldn't handle it. depressing.

important note i haven't done blow in like 10 years but did try it in college lol.

do you enjoy this shift?

i personally would hate it.

I love it. It drives a lot of people crazy. The real only requirement of my job is that I stay awake. There's a lot of people that can't handle that. That's the reason for so much turn over in overnight security.

I'm an overnighter. off right now, but i can't sleep.

normal shift is 11-7:30 at a blood bank. i am so jealous of you all saying you get to sit around and do nothing all night. lucky bastards!:)

Not me, time must drag something fierce for them, I work nights as well, always busy as fuck and time flies. And i feel like i put in a good days work every day. Feels good

Working nights is better than days. Its nice having a coffee machine a few feet away from me.

My night shifts are usually the only times i get to post on here.

Rarely, I have a couple of night shifts coming up next week though.

I had two jobs where I did overnight work. The first one at an internet cafe. This was around 2000, and it was basically a gaming pit. While all of the clientel was either weird loners, or part of the EQ or CS regulars, it was never any problems with any of them. All of them would stay for hours or most of the night, so there was little for me to do. For most of the job I could watch movies and read, but if that got boring, some of the regulars always wanted to chat and have a coffee. The few times somebody tried to make trouble, they were instantly surrounded by a herd of overly protective regular clients. That's when I learned that a sufficient amount of doughy guys with pimples amped up on too much caffeine can be intimidating. Especially the guy who looked like John Goodman.

All in all, I liked it, but it paid nearly nothing.

i work nights, security at a warehouse. if I don't watch at least 4 films its been a bad night

I work on jets , I work the nigh shift , it sucks

You need an open-ended question TS. All you asked is who works nights.

How bout, who has the chillest job?

7 pm - 3 am I get to do whatever I want whenever I'm not needed, which is like 80% of the time. Music nonstop, watch UFC PPVs, movies, read novels, homework, work on my ebay listings etc.

After that I go home and package up and ship everything I sold that day. Good times.

I possibly have the chilliest job. if you added up the time I actually do some work in to one block it would be about ten mins out of a 12hr shift. I can go 2 or 3 nights without speaking to anyone.

I book in 1 wagon (same guy every night) answer a few phone calls and maybe knock up a pass or 2 if staff have forgot theirs.

Used to work the overnight shift 6pm-6am, but took me an hour to get to work and back so more like 5pm-7am. I did that for 8 years, overnight usually gets paid more so I was fine with it.

Night shift is awesome. Nobody bothers you and when you get off everyone's at work which makes shopping or whatever you need to get done easier. I could go to the gym and there wouldn't be anyone there except for hot local college chicks. And for some odd reason I sleep better during the day.

I used to do overnights at Home Depot. At the time I wasn't a student and was single so I enjoyed it. I could pay the bills and still had some money left over. Not only that but the work wasn't bad. I didn't deal with customers (which if you have ever worked retail, you come to hate) and I worked on a forklift almost all night, so time passed by pretty quick.

Night shift is awesome. Nobody bothers you and when you get off everyone's at work which makes shopping or whatever you need to get done easier. I could go to the gym and there wouldn't be anyone there except for hot local college chicks. And for some odd reason I sleep better during the day.

This and you don't have to deal with traffic.

I used to work 7pm-7am, did it for over 2 years. Usually around 4 the wall would come. Id be dozing off occasionally. After i left my job it took me about a month to get my sleep schedule back to normal.

hate that shit.Work 11-730.Weight gain.Grumpy.Short tempered.Pick up all the other shifts slack.But hey,I get paid more for working nights.

I like working overnight

I'm a rent-a-cop. I work overnights. This mostly entails playing on the internet and watching movies.

I work in security, my job sounds similar to yours. I actually work second shift now, but I did work graveyard for years. I liked it alright, the only thing that sucked was no one else works that shift so all of your friends are just going to work when you get out.

Its ok in the summer though, because you're not at work during the best part of the day.

Back