Who works overnights?

I sleep until 1-2 and then usually go to hh at whatever bar I fancy.

I worked until 3 am last night and started at 7am the day before

that's 20 hours straight -and back to work at 9am this morning. that's normal

i used to do an 8-5 shift, then would be on-call from 5pm that day till 8am the next morning every four weeks.

it fucking sucked.

there is nothing worse than trying to go to sleep knowing that your pager can go off at any second. it was normal to receive one-to-two calls a night...like at 10pm or 2am, then having to work the next day.

the money was awesome, but it stressed me the hell out. i worked there long enough to pay off my school loans, and then i got the fuck outta there.

I worked until 3 am last night and started at 7am the day before

that's 20 hours straight -and back to work at 9am this morning. that's normal

WTF, what do you do? I used to work 12-14 hours on night shift (from 6pm to 8am), and I quit that job because it took a toll on my health. I gained 20-30 lbs of fat, and had no time for recreation.

WTF, what do you do? I used to work 12-14 hours on night shift (from 6pm to 8am), and I quit that job because it took a toll on my health. I gained 20-30 lbs of fat, and had no time for recreation.

Well, in fairness -here are some of my coworkers -20 hours isn't so bad lulz

picture.php

Last edited:
Like some others in this thread, I also work overnights in security. I post this as a tribute to all of us. My usual schedule is 7pm to 6am:

I'm on post right now. 2100-0900

Well, in fairness -here are some of my coworkers -20 hours isn't so bad lulz

picture.php

I was going to ask if you were a neurosurgeon but...those don't look like any surgical techs or nurses I've ever seen :eek:

I used to back in the college years. I worked at a phone service for the deaf, basically placing calls and typing conversations to them. My schedule was never the same week to week, but I pulled a lot of 6 pm to 2:30 am shifts.

Not me. I have a real job that has normal hours.

I work 10pm-5am, Mon-Thurs. at the front desk of a gym. I enjoy doing significantly less work and making more money than the other front desk workers. I spend most of my time surfing the web, watching tv, and reading.

I try to be sleeping by 8-9 am, so I can get up around 4:30pm and spend time outside. If third shift life is approached in this manner, having a social life is much more manageable. If my friends are at work, I'm sleeping, and vice versa -- so our free time lines up for the most part.

Day work 6am-6pm, day work 6am-6pm, 24 hrs off, night work 6pm-6am, night work 6pm-6am.off for 3 1/2 days and the rotation starts over.

hotel reception in summer. always at night because the rest of workers are female and they don't want that timeslot. I just sit for 8 hours while on the internet and get payed for it.

Not me. I have a real job that has normal hours.

Not sure if mine is real (Pharm D) but I work nights because I end up making about 7k more for the year and hate getting up early...

I used to build and fix bicycles overnight for a Bikeshop -that was an awesome job. I'd work from 10pm to 7am and just blast my radio all alone in the shop

Only making pizza on drugs was a more fun job

I'm a supervisor at a warehouse. My employees work from 4:00pm until the job is done which is usually around 6:00am. A lot of times, I just leave home at around 3:00am. I just told a few employees to make sure that the work is done or else they will be held responsible. That's the beauty of being a supervisor.

Back