Elections Who wins the Stacey Abrams sweepstakes?

What would be the point? You choose a VP to help win swing voters. Like Trump did with Pence. For a Dem candidate, Abrams would only help you with an already captive voting bloc, and she’d simultaneously screw you with swing votes. Makes no sense at all.

For a GOP nominee, on the other hand, you can get mileage out of a minority VP slot. Prying some skeptical votes away.
Pete’s polling at around zero percent with minorities, Warren and Amy aren’t great in that area either, Bloomberg’s history is a question mark, so there’s all that. Bernie’s path to win is enthusiasm and she’s well liked and very smart, she probably guarantees greater minority turnout and young people, too.

She kind of looks like the actress from that movie Precious

God you are painfully stupid. Not a great trait to add to your racist comment.

You don't get to speak for Democrats and then say 'oh but that is why the Democrats would be voting for her' , 'the proof is my prior statement saying that'

You are quoting yourself as proof you fucking idiot. You don't get to state what Democrats believe, what they value or other.

I said they won't vote for that ticket, you complete moron. How the fuck do you even function being this stupid?

If you think Bloomberg/Abrams is a winning ticket, maybe we could settle it like real men and have an avatar bet on the karate forum, 55 year old man.

{<jordan}

<{danawhoah}>

BiodegradableVigorousGelada-size_restricted.gif

Pete’s polling at around zero percent with minorities, Warren and Amy aren’t great in that area either, Bloomberg’s history is a question mark, so there’s all that. Bernie’s path to win is enthusiasm and she’s well liked and very smart, she probably guarantees greater minority turnout and young people, too.

She's very well liked? Is she?

Jesus Christ, its hard to talk to you. You are so stupid.

I have never said Bloomberg/Abrams is a winning anything.

Here is what we are disputing summarized for you:

- YOU SAID - "...Democrats believe that black voters are such uninformed racists that they'll vote primarily for skin color,"

- I SAID - You do not get to speak for Democrats and then quote yourself as proof.

You don't get to decide what Democrats believe.

You don't get to state the only reason to vote for her is if your are uninformed and racist.

What we are arguing about is your racist assumptions and stupid post.

We are not arguing about whether they would be an effective or winning ticket. That never was discussed between us.
Racist much ?

Your classification of Stacey Abrams and what you value in her experience or not is not binding on others. I don't think Pence adds any credibility when I look at him as he does not appeal to me, but he may well appeal to others. I am not dumb enough like you to speak to others saying 'he does not add credibility" based on my view when I am not his target market.

Stacey Abrams like a young Obama has a wide appeal amongst people or colour and progressives and young people whether you like that or not. You cannot wave yoryu hand and make it go away.

So yes your statement was weirdly racist. Pretty much every electoral block will be broken down into constituent parts. White Male, White Male Senior, White Male Evangelical, Seniors, Women, Conservatives and Progresses and People of Colour. A POTUS candidate will almost always look to the constituents parts he believes he is strong with and then look for a VP who is strong with constituents he is not.

You seem to think only people of colour are uniformed racists who would vote based on the perceived needs of that community when THEY ALL DO IT. You immediately jump to the most negative oft repeated stereotype and trope as if that is a unique trait and negative for blacks only as opposed to her being a candidate with broad appeal to that demographic. Sorry but that is racist and that is not a term i throw around at all on this forum.

Dude, she's only been a state delegate in GA - a state that Trump will easily carry in 2020 against this field - and only brings melanin to the ticket for wokeness points.

Whereas Pence brout years of govt experience; 4 yrs executive position and 12 yrs as a member of US House of Rep.

It's laughable that you would suggest Abrams and Pence are equally valuable as a running mate.

@MikeMcMann Idk. Past trends dont look good for her...

Walter Mondale- US senator for 12 years

George H Bush - Director of CIA
-Chief of the U.S. Liaison Office to the People's Republic of China

Dan Quayle-US senator 9 years

Al Gore -US senator. 8 years

Dick Cheney -US house rep for 10 yrs.
Sec of defense 4 yrs

Joe Biden- Us senator 26 years

Mike Pence- US house 12 years, Governor 4 years

Stacy Abrams- Georgia house 10 yrs. 84th and 89th district.

@MikeMcMann Idk. Past trends dont look good for her...

Walter Mondale- US senator for 12 years

George H Bush - Director of CIA
-Chief of the U.S. Liaison Office to the People's Republic of China

Dan Quayle-US senator 9 years

Al Gore -US senator. 8 years

Dick Cheney -US house rep for 10 yrs.
Sec of defense 4 yrs

Joe Biden- Us senator 26 years

Mike Pence- US house 12 years, Governor 4 years

Stacy Abrams- Georgia house 10 yrs. 84th and 89th district.
Ya that is why Trump cannot win as POTUS.

Voters today cannot favour other things over prior time in office. Nope not going to happen. Not in today's politics. Only long tenures matter.

<TheDonald>

Ya that is why Trump cannot win as POTUS.

Voters today cannot favour other things over prior time in office. Nope not going to happen. Not in today's politics. Only long tenures matter.

<TheDonald>

U think anyone would have made him VP?

<{danawhoah}>

Among the groups the candidates would be targeting, yes. She’s been a progressive darling for a while now. I mean, she’s on the vp wishlist for a reason. Her kind words for Mike seem to have done some damage, though.

<{danawhoah}>

The guy's just an angry boomer with indigestion after his early bird dinner and it seems like elder abuse to keep responding. His responses are all just "you're a racist, I'm a victim. You're stupid, I'm smart" before he shits into his adult diaper.

Read the exchange just ITT. Someone posted that Bloomberg is considering her, and I said he's so out of touch that he thinks even a VP pick who's never been in charge of any state, city or held any federal position is going to save his campaign as long as they're black. For the record, I myself don't believe that's the case at all and he'd have a hard enough trying to buy the presidency if he picked any of the 40 something current black US reps who didn't lose their own election.

I would have thought it was pretty basic stuff that if the person running for president is very experienced themselves, they have at least a little room to pick a VP with less experience, but if they don't have any national or foreign policy experience at all, they should probably have a running mate that does. For the same reason, a radical candidate like Bernie should have a moderate VP so they don't chase off the more moderate voters. I'm not a democrat or black, and I'm insulted for them if this jabroni thinks he and Stacy Abrams would make an adequate ticket. Christ, the guy might as well pick Lizzo as his running mate if he thinks that's all it takes.

Last edited:
Bit of a nutjob. Lost the Georgia governor election saying she did not have enough votes to beat the winner, but still says she won.

A brokered convention makes me think the odds of the VP being one of the other nominees is high because there will be some deal making to shift candiates around. Other than that, announcing your VP before the convention is seen as desperation imo. I’d be surprised if the winner were to do that and it work.

U think anyone would have made him VP?
Right cause VP is where the experience is needed. POTUS ...who cares.

Sorry but voters around the western world have been rejecting experience and establishment candidates more and more willing and wanting anything but what they have been force fed for decades now, which is the never ending status quo.

"Experience" on your resume is no longer the big seller. John McCain did not pick Palin for her experience. If someone chooses Mayor Pete for VP it won't be his experience. It may be vital to you still but it is not for many others and to many others (myself included) vast experience in the system is a negative.

What’s the appeal of Stacey Abrams? All she’s done is lose an election and refuse to accept the results

There's no substance to her at all. It's just a bunch of virtue-signalling.

Honestly, she shot herself in the foot by accepting Bloomberg's money and trying to launder his reputation on television.

The guy's just an angry boomer with indigestion after his early bird dinner and it seems like elder abuse to keep responding. His responses are all just "you're a racist, I'm a victim. You're stupid, I'm smart" before he shits into his adult diaper.

Read the exchange just ITT. Someone posted that Bloomberg is considering her, and I said he's so out of touch that he thinks even a VP pick who's never been in charge of any state, city or held any federal position is going to save his campaign as long as they're black. For the record, I myself don't believe that's the case at all and he'd have a hard enough trying to buy the presidency if he picked any of the 40 something current black US reps who didn't lose their own election.

I would have thought it was pretty basic stuff that if the person running for president is very experienced themselves, they have at least a little room to pick a VP with less experience, but if they don't have any national or foreign policy experience at all, they should probably have a running mate that does. For the same reason, a radical candidate like Bernie should have a moderate VP so they don't chase off the more moderate voters. I'm not a democrat or black, and I'm insulted for them if this jabroni thinks he and Stacy Abrams would make an adequate ticket. Christ, the guy might as well pick Lizzo as his running mate if he thinks that's all it takes.
I love how you are lying about what you said as you know what you ACTUALLY said was stupid and racist. No you did not bring up experience. What you said and what I replied to was this:

"...Democrats believe that black voters are such uninformed racists that they'll vote primarily for skin color,"

You see. You say nothing about experience or lack thereof. You say black voters would only vote for her because or her skin colour and if they were uniformed and racist.

That is a big difference but I'll allow you to dick tuck and run away from and lie about what you said to try and hide from it.

"Experience" on your resume is no longer the big seller. John McCain did not pick Palin for her experience. If someone chooses Mayor Pete for VP it won't be his experience. It may be vital to you still but it is not for many others and to many others (myself included) vast experience in the system is a negative.

How did that work out for John McCain?

Back