Elections Who wins the Stacey Abrams sweepstakes?

Fluffernutter

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
She Will be someone's VP pick before the convention.

Who picks her?
How early do they pick her?

Who picks her?
She would be a good choice for any of them, both for her demographic influence and for her being a badass and good candidate for the job. I'm guessing that just before the convention is the most likely timing, because that's how it usually happens. But there's a small but real chance of there being a contested convention with Abrams being the presumptive pick of one of the people in the running for the nomination, I guess?

Word on the street is Bloomberg has her on lock with a 5 million dollar bribe........ errrr I mean contribution.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/11/1918418/-Bloomberg-and-Abrams-Money-CAN-Buy-You-Love

She has had nice things to say about him recently too. Despite all the fucked up recordings of him saying racist things.

From the article:
And if Ms Abrams gives Mayor Mike a pass on "Stop&Frisk", so will the majority of African-Americans. After all, we African-Americans have given a pass to some of the most blatantly racist White Supremacist-Patriarchs for over two hundred years - from Jefferson and Madison to Hayes and Wilson to Reagan and Trump. Compared to these despicable and deplorable White men, Mayor Mike is like manna from heaven.

Jesus fucking Christ. "Bloomberg might be racist, but if you compare him to Hitler or Satan, he looks amazing!"

From the article:

Jesus fucking Christ. "Bloomberg might be racist, but if you compare him to Hitler or Satan, he looks amazing!"
Gee, I looked at what those words actually said, and I think they were comparing to ex-U.S. presidents, and not Hitler or Satan.

I agree it's a strong possibility, but I believe she will be a far bigger liability than help. Wait till Trump starts bringing up some of the stupid shit she has said and she's under a microscope.

She isn't going to help even win Georgia. Whose vote does she deliver? Black women? They don't support Trump or Republicans anyway.

Who picks her?

If it's before the convention it would have to be Buttigieg.

Edit: Warren could also try it to boost her numbers.

What’s the appeal of Stacey Abrams? All she’s done is lose an election and refuse to accept the results

If it's before the convention it would have to be Buttigieg.

Edit: Warren could also try it to boost her numbers.
It could be Warren since she is riding high after clocking Bloomberg.

But let's not forget her blatant lying about Sanders.

Gee, I looked at what those words actually said, and I think they were comparing to ex-U.S. presidents, and not Hitler or Satan.

Those ex US presidents didn't implement blatently racist policing or get a pass from black voters.

Reagan got 10% of the AA and 3% of the Hispanic vote.

It could be Warren since she is riding high after clocking Bloomberg.

But let's not forget her blatant lying about Sanders.

Totally agree. I just view Warren as the type that would announce a VP beforehand to boost her campaign. I only mention Buttigieg because he cant win with <10% of the black vote.

Bloomberg has already floated Hillary and I can't see any of the others announcing before they actually win the nomination.

Those ex US presidents didn't implement blatently racist policing or get a pass from black voters.

Reagan got 10% of the AA and 3% of the Hispanic vote.

Which presidents implemented "blatantly racist policing" in your opinion?

What’s the appeal of Stacey Abrams? All she’s done is lose an election and refuse to accept the results
A diversity hire. Democrats believe that black voters are such uninformed racists that they'll vote primarily for skin color, and a black VP will gain votes for someone who wouldn't otherwise have any black support.

Totally agree. I just view Warren as the type that would announce a VP beforehand to boost her campaign. I only mention Buttigieg because he cant win with <10% of the black vote.

Bloomberg has already floated Hillary and I can't see any of the others announcing before they actually win the nomination.
That's not fair.

Buttiigieg said he has support from Key and/or Peele. Or maybe they were talking about voting in general. And black people like Key and Peele. So his pulse is on the black vote.

That's not fair.

Buttiigieg said he has support from Key and/or Peele. Or maybe they were talking about voting in general. And black people like Key and Peele. So his pulse is on the black vote.

Key and Peele aren't black though...

<[analyzed}>

Yeah but they also described them as “despicable and deplorable.” Jefferson and Madison and Hayes and Wilson. All despicable. There’s not really much harsher words left you can use for Hitler. But to be fair I didn’t read the whole article so idk the tone of it.

That's not fair.

Then he knows that he's only going to get about 8 or 9 % of thst vote. Lol

A diversity hire. Democrats believe that black voters are such uninformed racists that they'll vote primarily for skin color, and a black VP will gain votes for someone who wouldn't otherwise have any black support.
Strangely racist post.

VP picks are pretty much always chosen to expand the base beyond the one the 'Candidate' seems to already have strong appeal to.

Trump picked Pence to appeal to white male Conservatives and especially evangelicals as Trump was seen as 'not conservative' and 'not religious' within his chosen party and those are key constituents one needs to gain victory.

Obama picked Biden as VP to broaden his support amongst whites and particularly seniors who may have looked at his age and race and him campaigning to be force of change, to give them comfort that old, reliable and white Joe would be looking over the shoulder and moderating things.

Stacey Abrams is a very capable campaigner and rightfully being looked at by a lot of contenders due to her availability and appeal to certain key constituents. And while someone like Bloomberg or Mayor Pete, would benefit greatly with her as VP, someone like Bernie, not so much. Bernie would actually gain more with someone like Mayor Pete as his VP. Young, white, centrist.

So why the racist rant by you when that is pretty much the appeal of almost VP candidates.

Back