Elections Who wins the Stacey Abrams sweepstakes?

After all, we African-Americans have given a pass to some of the most blatantly racist White Supremacist-Patriarchs for over two hundred years - from Jefferson and Madison to Hayes and Wilson to Reagan and Trump.

O4AOtKr.gif

Strangely racist post.

VP picks are pretty much always chosen to expand the base beyond the one the 'Candidate' seems to already have strong appeal to.

Trump picked Pence to appeal to white male Conservatives and especially evangelicals as Trump was seen as 'not conservative' and 'not religious' within his chosen party and those are key constituents one needs to gain victory.

Obama picked Biden as VP to broaden his support amongst whites and particularly seniors who may have looked at his age and race and him campaigning to be force of change, to give them comfort that old, reliable and white Joe would be looking over the shoulder and moderating things.

Stacey Abrams is a very capable campaigner and rightfully being looked at by a lot of contenders due to her availability and appeal to certain key constituents. And while someone like Bloomberg or Mayor Pete, would benefit greatly with her as VP, someone like Bernie, not so much. Bernie would actually gain more with someone like Mayor Pete as his VP. Young, white, centrist.

So why the racist rant by you when that is pretty much the appeal of almost VP candidates.
It's not "strangely racist" by me, it's not my strategy and you just admitted that what I said was true, and the dailykos article posted itt, written by a black voter, also said that black voters would overlook what they would otherwise consider to be a racist candidate if they had a black running mate.

The examples you gave were established politicians. Pence was in congress for 12 years and a governor for 4, Biden had been a senator since the 1830s. These picks lent credibility to relatively inexperienced presidential candidates and assurance they weren't going to shift things too radically. Trump had never held office and Obama only had half a senate term. Stacy Abrams doesn't do any of that. She was a state rep for a few years, had a failed gubernatorial run and refused to accept the results. She doesn't add any credibility.

I wouldn't say the same thing if it was mo cowan or cory booker, or any of the US reps who've actually been in US congress before or at least held a major seat like a governor, but picking Stacy Abrams screams "yeah, I'll take anybody that's black because my numbers with black voters are tanking". There are plenty of legitimate picks among the black governors and congress members, but race seems to be Abrams only qualification instead of a twofold purpose of expanding the base and adding credibility through experience.

What’s the appeal of Stacey Abrams? All she’s done is lose an election and refuse to accept the results
Refusing to accept a losing election result is part and parcel of the modern Democratic leadership.

She's perfect for the job!

It's not "strangely racist" by me, it's not my strategy and you just admitted that what I said was true, and the dailykos article posted itt, written by a black voter, also said that black voters would overlook what they would otherwise consider to be a racist candidate if they had a black running mate.

The examples you gave were established politicians. Pence was in congress for 12 years and a governor for 4, Biden had been a senator since the 1830s. These picks lent credibility to relatively inexperienced presidential candidates and assurance they weren't going to shift things too radically. Trump had never held office and Obama only had half a senate term. Stacy Abrams doesn't do any of that. She was a state rep for a few years, had a failed gubernatorial run and refused to accept the results. She doesn't add any credibility.

I wouldn't say the same thing if it was mo cowan or cory booker, or any of the US reps who've actually been in US congress before or at least held a major seat like a governor, but picking Stacy Abrams screams "yeah, I'll take anybody that's black because my numbers with black voters are tanking". There are plenty of legitimate picks among the black governors and congress members, but race seems to be Abrams only qualification instead of a twofold purpose of expanding the base and adding credibility through experience.
Your classification of Stacey Abrams and what you value in her experience or not is not binding on others. I don't think Pence adds any credibility when I look at him as he does not appeal to me, but he may well appeal to others. I am not dumb enough like you to speak to others saying 'he does not add credibility" based on my view when I am not his target market.

Stacey Abrams like a young Obama has a wide appeal amongst people or colour and progressives and young people whether you like that or not. You cannot wave yoryu hand and make it go away.

So yes your statement was weirdly racist. Pretty much every electoral block will be broken down into constituent parts. White Male, White Male Senior, White Male Evangelical, Seniors, Women, Conservatives and Progresses and People of Colour. A POTUS candidate will almost always look to the constituents parts he believes he is strong with and then look for a VP who is strong with constituents he is not.

You seem to think only people of colour are uniformed racists who would vote based on the perceived needs of that community when THEY ALL DO IT. You immediately jump to the most negative oft repeated stereotype and trope as if that is a unique trait and negative for blacks only as opposed to her being a candidate with broad appeal to that demographic. Sorry but that is racist and that is not a term i throw around at all on this forum.

Your classification of Stacey Abrams and what you value in her experience or not is not binding on others. I don't think Pence adds any credibility when I look at him as he does not appeal to me, but he may well appeal to others. I am not dumb enough like you to speak to others saying 'he does not add credibility" based on my view when I am not his target market.

Stacey Abrams like a young Obama has a wide appeal amongst people or colour and progressives and young people whether you like that or not. You cannot wave yoryu hand and make it go away.

So yes your statement was weirdly racist. Pretty much every electoral block will be broken down into constituent parts. White Male, White Male Senior, White Male Evangelical, Seniors, Women, Conservatives and Progresses and People of Colour. A POTUS candidate will almost always look to the constituents parts he believes he is strong with and then look for a VP who is strong with constituents he is not.

You seem to think only people of colour are uniformed racists who would vote based on the perceived needs of that community when THEY ALL DO IT. You immediately jump to the most negative oft repeated stereotype and trope as if that is a unique trait and negative for blacks only as opposed to her being a candidate with broad appeal to that demographic. Sorry but that is racist and that is not a term i throw around at all on this forum.

I said she has no experience in the federal government, never run a state or even a city, and that somehow gets twisted in your head into " You said you don't think she lends credibility because she doesn't appeal to you. Racist!".

Get lost, boomer
tenor.gif

What would be the point? You choose a VP to help win swing voters. Like Trump did with Pence. For a Dem candidate, Abrams would only help you with an already captive voting bloc, and she’d simultaneously screw you with swing votes. Makes no sense at all.

For a GOP nominee, on the other hand, you can get mileage out of a minority VP slot. Prying some skeptical votes away.

If it's before the convention it would have to be Buttigieg.

Edit: Warren could also try it to boost her numbers.

Not edgy enough for Warren. For Warren running mate would have to be a transgender Muslim who learned English as a second language.

I said she has no experience in the federal government, never run a state or even a city, and that somehow gets twisted in your head into " You said you don't think she lends credibility because she doesn't appeal to you. Racist!".

Get lost, boomer
tenor.gif

YOU do not get to judge what in her resume is valuable experience for others. People made the same argument about Obama. Maybe you thought Obama had enough experience to be POTUS but others did not. YOu are not correct because you are you and everyone else wrong because they are not.

You cannot wave her or Mayor Pete's experience as NOT IMPORTANT to certain constituencies and thus the only reason to vote for them is being an "uninformed racist".

I've argued with you before so I hold little hope that you won't be too stupid to understand this point. But again that Stacey resume does not appeal to YOU and that YOU do not find it sufficient does not mean OTHERS have to feel the same.

You made an ignorant racist comment and great if you want to run away from it now. But you did make it.

I don't know.. the only thing most people know about Stacey Abrams is that she refused to concede an election she lost.
Its a bad look..
So with that said, Joe Biden has shown us that he is absolutely horrible running for an election outside of Pa. So, Biden is my pick.

Top Dem contenders are from the North East and northern mid west.

Would Abrams bring in southern votes?

YOU do not get to judge what in her resume is valuable experience for others. People made the same argument about Obama. Maybe you thought Obama had enough experience to be POTUS but others did not. YOu are not correct because you are you and everyone else wrong because they are not.

You cannot wave her or Mayor Pete's experience as NOT IMPORTANT to certain constituencies and thus the only reason to vote for them is being an "uninformed racist".

I've argued with you before so I hold little hope that you won't be too stupid to understand this point. But again that Stacey resume does not appeal to YOU and that YOU do not find it sufficient does not mean OTHERS have to feel the same.

You made an ignorant racist comment and great if you want to run away from it now. But you did make it.

{<doc}
A diversity hire. Democrats believe that black voters are such uninformed racists that they'll vote primarily for skin color, and a black VP will gain votes for someone who wouldn't otherwise have any black support.
Did you think I was a democrat?

You're such an angry boomer that you don't even bother reading and just shit out emotional nonsense. I said that is Bloomberg's strategy, and it is not a good one, and a Bloomberg/Abrams ticket would not win. She couldn't even win her own state's gubernatorial election, and the 2 of them would have a combined 0 experience in the federal government.

Yes, people did say that about Obama, WHICH IS WHY HE FUCKING CHOSE A RUNNING MATE WITH 36 YEARS IN THE SENATE!

Goddamn, you are dense. Take some metamucil and sleep it off.

{<doc}

Did you think I was a democrat?

You're such an angry boomer that you don't even bother reading and just shit out emotional nonsense. I said that is Bloomberg's strategy, and it is not a good one, and a Bloomberg/Abrams ticket would not win. She couldn't even win her own state's gubernatorial election, and the 2 of them would have a combined 0 experience in the federal government.

Yes, people did say that about Obama, WHICH IS WHY HE FUCKING CHOSE A RUNNING MATE WITH 36 YEARS IN THE SENATE!

Goddamn, you are dense. Take some metamucil and sleep it off.
God you are painfully stupid. Not a great trait to add to your racist comment.

You don't get to speak for Democrats and then say 'oh but that is why the Democrats would be voting for her' , 'the proof is my prior statement saying that'

You are quoting yourself as proof you fucking idiot. You don't get to state what Democrats believe, what they value or other.

God you are painfully stupid. Not a great trait to add to your racist comment.

You don't get to speak for Democrats and then say 'oh but that is why the Democrats would be voting for her' , 'the proof is my prior statement saying that'

You are quoting yourself as proof you fucking idiot. You don't get to state what Democrats believe, what they value or other.
I said they won't vote for that ticket, you complete moron. How the fuck do you even function being this stupid?

If you think Bloomberg/Abrams is a winning ticket, maybe we could settle it like real men and have an avatar bet on the karate forum, 55 year old man.

{<jordan}

What would be the point? You choose a VP to help win swing voters. Like Trump did with Pence. For a Dem candidate, Abrams would only help you with an already captive voting bloc, and she’d simultaneously screw you with swing votes. Makes no sense at all.

For a GOP nominee, on the other hand, you can get mileage out of a minority VP slot. Prying some skeptical votes away.

Shes a pretty useless vp pick for the general but if she could help a Pete, Biden or Bloomberg win the dem nomination

What’s the appeal of Stacey Abrams? All she’s done is lose an election and refuse to accept the results
Making certain scary looking guns illegal to even possess, which appeals to almost all Ds and libs.

I agree it's a strong possibility, but I believe she will be a far bigger liability than help. Wait till Trump starts bringing up some of the stupid shit she has said and she's under a microscope.

She isn't going to help even win Georgia. Whose vote does she deliver? Black women? They don't support Trump or Republicans anyway.

They arent thing to convince anyone. They want to squeeze more from the base.

Her dentist TS, her dentist.

Appeal to obese black woman demographic is very big (I believe 50% of all black women).

I said they won't vote for that ticket, you complete moron. How the fuck do you even function being this stupid?

If you think Bloomberg/Abrams is a winning ticket, maybe we could settle it like real men and have an avatar bet on the karate forum, 55 year old man.

{<jordan}
Jesus Christ, its hard to talk to you. You are so stupid.

I have never said Bloomberg/Abrams is a winning anything.

Here is what we are disputing summarized for you:

- YOU SAID - "...Democrats believe that black voters are such uninformed racists that they'll vote primarily for skin color,"

- I SAID - You do not get to speak for Democrats and then quote yourself as proof.

You don't get to decide what Democrats believe.

You don't get to state the only reason to vote for her is if your are uninformed and racist.

What we are arguing about is your racist assumptions and stupid post.

We are not arguing about whether they would be an effective or winning ticket. That never was discussed between us.

Back