Who wins Ronda Rowdy Rousey VS Valentina Bullet Shevchenko

Who Wins?

• Total voters
A forward plodding Muay Thai fighter cannot move like Holm all of a sudden.
Is this so hard to understand?
As soon as it gets to the clinch it goes the way that 90% of Ronda fights went.
So Valentina is the forward plodding muay thai fighter that can't move like Holm does, is that what you are saying?

Something tells me you missed UFC on FOX 20.

So Valentina is the forward plodding muay thai fighter that can't move like Holm does, is that what you are saying?

Something tells me you missed UFC on FOX 20.
I wished I could post gifs.
Do you have any examples of Shev evading the clinch when her opponent tried to close with her?

There hasn't been a pillow made that could hide Ronda's mangled face after that fight.

Lol at anyone thinking Ronda has a chance in hell.
There has never been a bigger con in MMA than making the world think Ronda is some great fighter.

Rousey would maul her in the clinch.

I wished I could post gifs.
Do you have any examples of Shev evading the clinch when her opponent tried to close with her?
C'mon man can you really say Valentina is a forward plodding fighter? Her footwork and timing are scary good.

Ronda most of the time just bullrushes to get in the clinch, someone with the footwork of Valentina can defend this. And no I don't have any gifs (only those on the page before of the clinch with Holm but that's not really evading). Ronda her strenght is get to the clinch and go for a throw and she's damn good at it. But Valentina is also fantastic in the clinch. She's 56-2 in muay thai/k1 and holds multiple world titles, so she knows what to do in the clinch.

Like I said before, probably this fight will never happen (I even highly doubt Ronda will come back at all), so we can speculate all we want, we'll never know.

Ronda wins. Valentina is too small and not strong enough. Holly did well against Ronda in their few clinches because Holly is very strong and could match Ronda. Holly was manhandling Shevchenko in their clinches.

First clinch Ronda takes her to the ground and does work IMO. Ronda via sub.

C'mon man can you really say Valentina is a forward plodding fighter? Her footwork and timing are scary good.

Ronda most of the time just bullrushes to get in the clinch, someone with the footwork of Valentina can defend this. And no I don't have any gifs (only those on the page before of the clinch with Holm but that's not really evading). Ronda her strenght is get to the clinch and go for a throw and she's damn good at it. But Valentina is also fantastic in the clinch. She's 56-2 in muay thai/k1 and holds multiple world titles, so she knows what to do in the clinch.

Like I said before, probably this fight will never happen (I even highly doubt Ronda will come back at all), so we can speculate all we want, we'll never know.
I just rewatched her fight with Kaufman.
Kaufman initiated the clinch mostly just by frankenstein-walking into Shev without getting punished in the process.
Granted Valentina mostly got the better of these clinch exchanges except in the third round when it damn near cost her the match.

Don't you think that if she could have punished Kaufman for plodding into her she would have done it ?
The fact is that it is not trivial to strike effectively while being in reverse gear.
Shev is a world class Thai fighter but that kind of movement is generally not in their arsenal.

As far as the second part is concerned no just no.

Nak Muay have great stand up grappling compared to Boxers and Kickboxers.
It's nothing compared to Judoka or wrestlers.

Ronda wins. Valentina is too small and not strong enough. Holly did well against Ronda in their few clinches because Holly is very strong and could match Ronda. Holly was manhandling Shevchenko in their clinches.
She sure was.

3o7TKDWNkxjZLHZcty.gif
l41YANiQvEUskToU8.gif

I just rewatched her fight with Kaufman.
Kaufman initiated the clinch mostly just by frankenstein-walking into Shev without getting punished in the process.
Granted Valentina mostly got the better of these clinch exchanges except in the third round when it damn near cost her the match.

Don't you think that if she could have punished Kaufman for plodding into her she would have done it ?
The fact is that it is not trivial to strike effectively while being in reverse gear.
Shev is a world class Thai fighter but that kind of movement is generally not in their arsenal.

As far as the second part is concerned no just no.

Nak Muay have great stand up grappling compared to Boxers and Kickboxers.
It's nothing compared to Judoka or wrestlers.
Hey man it's nice to have a good discussion without insulting each other like small childeren but we're both repeating ourselves all the time. If the fight ever happens we'll talk again! But for now let's agree to disagree.

I havent seen the Holly / Valentina fight yet but im surprised about the result. If she could outstrike Holly consistently,im sure she could give rousey all kinds of problems if she can stay on her feet.

lol @ Ronda fanbois ITT, Preacher's Daughter beat the sh*t out of Ronda and took her soul and Bullet handled Holly comfortably, dominated her on the feet and in the clinch and on the ground yet somehow 180lb emopottamus, psychologically destroyed Rousey is going to ragdoll and first round armbar her. A drowning man clutches at straws I suppose.

lol @ Ronda fanbois ITT, Preacher's Daughter beat the sh*t out of Ronda and took her soul and Bullet handled Holly comfortably, dominated her on the feet and in the clinch and on the ground yet somehow 180lb emopottamus, psychologically destroyed Rousey is going to ragdoll and first round armbar her. A drowning man clutches at straws I suppose.
2nd degree black belt inTaekwondo[8]
International Master of Sports in Muay Thai[9]
Master of Sports in Boxing[9]
Master of Sports inKickboxing[9]
Master of Sports inTaekwondo[9]
Black belt[10] & Master of Sports in Judo[9]

I havent seen the Holly / Valentina fight yet but im surprised about the result. If she could outstrike Holly consistently,im sure she could give rousey all kinds of problems if she can stay on her feet.
If

Lol, you're a funny troll :D

If we need your opinion on letting someone live in your head or how to sleep in Ronda's bushes, we'll let you know. Until then let MMA fans discuss MMA.

Shev's gameplan was essentially that counter right, and Holly played into it all night. Ronda's gameplan would be clinch at all costs, so unless Shev can keep space between them and land Rousey would get in. Shev showed great hips and has the lower center of gravity, but Rousey has her experience and weight advantage. She'd get her down. From there it's 'how good is Shev's submission D'.

I'd have Rousey a 65/35 favorite, she's too big. Unless she looks like she did before the Holm fight. If she looks that shitty physically I'd flip the odds.

If we need your opinion on letting someone live in your head or how to sleep in Ronda's bushes, we'll let you know. Until then let MMA fans discuss MMA.

Shev's gameplan was essentially that counter right, and Holly played into it all night. Ronda's gameplan would be clinch at all costs, so unless Shev can keep space between them and land Rousey would get in. Shev showed great hips and has the lower center of gravity, but Rousey has her experience and weight advantage. She'd get her down. From there it's 'how good is Shev's submission D'.

I'd have Rousey a 65/35 favorite, she's too big. Unless she looks like she did before the Holm fight. If she looks that shitty physically I'd flip the odds.

or she'll flip val :)

I'd root for Valentina, but Ronda is just too big, too strong and brutal on the ground. I don't know if Valentina could handle her.

or she'll flip val :)

If she scrambles like she did against Cat then Shev wouldn't wanna let her within 3 feet. When Rousey was at her best her strength in scrambles made no sense. People talk about how dumb Cat was but that flip when they scrambled was inhuman. Just weird.

I wish she had a decent personality and less aggressive marketing behind her, would've made it easier to appreciate the skill.

Back