Who wins Ronda Rowdy Rousey VS Valentina Bullet Shevchenko

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Rousey gets pieced up by anyone who is above average striking.

Unless she drops her coach and gets with a real coach, not surround herself around yes men. Her situation reminds me of BJ Penn's.

I think Ronda wins. She would be able to close the gap easier than against Holly.

I'm aware that Shevchenko is a counter striker, but I think that Holly's size helped her control the range better than Shevchenko could against Ronda.

Not very confident, but would give Ronda the edge. She can take a punch as well, I think she would eventually close the gap.

And Holm struggled with Pennington, she'd never beat Rousey!

All of the anti-Rouseyites arguments come down to the Rousey/Holm fight.
You guys have literally zero/zilch arguments outside of this fluke event.
Don't you notice that?

Not very confident, but would give Ronda the edge. She can take a punch as well, I think she would eventually close the gap.
how is she at taking kicks? specifically from a southpaw?

;)

Factors in this fight would be way different than Ronda vs Holly. Shevchenko doesn't have Holly's height,mreach, or power in her counters.

Rousey gets pieced up by anyone who is above average striking.

Unless she drops her coach and gets with a real coach, not surround herself around yes men. Her situation reminds me of BJ Penn's.

I dont know man. I think rousey gets this girl to the ground.
The holly situation was just...crazy..like, holly did 99percent everything correct.
I dont see this Val fighting the same.

she in no way struggled in a fight that she took on like a weeks notice, she handed Kaufmann her ass in that fight

also what makes you say that? she controls range well enough, is decent enough in the clinch and has good TDD. Ronda is the bigger fighter and the better grappler, but Vals grappling is better than Ronda's striking..... so its not a clear cut win for Ronda imo

if you think so fair enough, but Val has been fighting since before Ronda even competed in the olympics...... to think she has no chance is idiotic
She took it on eight days notice that much is true.

'Handed her ass to her'
Is that slang for: 'got taken down and pinned for an entire round'
You haven't watched that fight, right?
I mean Val won the first two rounds but she was lost in the last round.

Shev can't control distance the way Holm can. She'll inevitably clinch up with Ronda.

Seriously, watch the Kaufman fight. If Kaufman could made it competitive against her in the clinch wtf do you think Ronda will do?
And fuck no, a longer training camp for Shev won't turn her into the second coming of Holly Holm
This is a gimme fight for Ronda much easier than against any other Top 10 opponent.

I think Holm and Shevchenko are the worst matchups for Ronda...I got Shevchenko by tko

At this point I'd take Shevchenko. She's got the striking background and is even quicker than Holm. However if Ronda managed to get her to the ground quickly I think she might be able to take it.

She took it on eight days notice that much is true.

'Handed her ass to her'
Is that slang for: 'got taken down and pinned for an entire round'
You haven't watched that fight, right?
I mean Val won the first two rounds but she was lost in the last round.

Shev can't control distance the way Holm can. She'll inevitably clinch up with Ronda.

Seriously, watch the Kaufman fight. If Kaufman could made it competitive against her in the clinch wtf do you think Ronda will do?
And fuck no, a longer training camp for Shev won't turn her into the second coming of Holly Holm
This is a gimme fight for Ronda much easier than against any other Top 10 opponent.
of course I watched the fight, while she had enough cardio she dominated the fight..... she gassed and still won a clear decision. didnt you watch the fight?

also she has better control of range than Holly, as demonstrated in the fight on saturday..... so you actually have no clue what you are talking about, just stop... its embarrassing

My prediction is very similar to my prediction for Rousey / Holm; it depends on Shevchenko's ground defense and scrambling ability. If she keeps it on the feet or can at least fend off sub attempts on the ground, she wins in brutal fashion or at least dominant fashion (I doubt Ronda would bull rush her the entire time like she did Holly).

Rousey wins with a quick armbar most likely. I don't think Shevchenko could stop Rousey from taking her down.

Why don't we compare their performances against Holly?
Because in this case it is a perfect rock-paper-scissors scenario.

Holm's style is tailor made to make an opponent with inferior striking who relies on the clinch struggle.(Ronda)

Shev has equal or better striking than Holm and has better clinch and grappling in general. As a Muay Thai fighter it isn't difficult for her to close and clinch with Holm without getting hit too hard.

Shev's striking is of course much better than Ronda's but she doesn't have the ability to keep someone at bay who wishes to clinch.It's not her style, Thai fighters simply don't do that.
We've seen her clinch and ground game against Kaufman and we've seen Ronda clinch with Kaufman which gives us a good idea of what the outcome would be.

It is really impossible to tell how anyone matches up against Ronda because we don't know whether a returning Ronda will be better because she learned something from the loss, be worse because she is broken or be the same. With some modest changes, in this division she should be able to just about anyone to the ground at the cost of less than disastrous damage. The Ronda/Holm fight went to the ground twice, Tate got Holm to the ground twice, etc. etc. So - a properly coached and trained Ronda could still clean out the division - but it is likely she will stay with Edmond and thus take enormous damage before getting to the ground.

Because in this case it is a perfect rock-paper-scissors scenario.

Holm's style is tailor made to make an opponent with inferior striking who relies on the clinch struggle.(Ronda)

Shev has equal or better striking than Holm and has better clinch and grappling in general. As a Muay Thai fighter it isn't difficult for her to close and clinch with Holm without getting hit too hard.

Shev's striking is of course much better than Ronda's but she doesn't have the ability to keep someone at bay who wishes to clinch.It's not her style, Thai fighters simply don't do that.
We've seen her clinch and ground game against Kaufman and we've seen Ronda clinch with Kaufman which gives us a good idea of what the outcome would be.

Holly outclinched Ronda. Shevchenko was competitive in the clinch against Holly (Holly outmuscled her against the fence, but got taken down, and in the center of the cage Shevchenko was doing a better job in the clinch).

I dont know man. I think rousey gets this girl to the ground.
The holly situation was just...crazy..like, holly did 99percent everything correct.
I dont see this Val fighting the same.
Holm was successful because she kept her away with her movement and kickboxing. By doing so, she was able to time big shots on Ronda. Val looks like she could do the same.

Will UFC let Rhonda use PED s maybe then she got a chance vs Shevchenko

Back