Who wins Ronda Rowdy Rousey VS Valentina Bullet Shevchenko

Who Wins?

• Total voters
If she scrambles like she did against Cat then Shev wouldn't wanna let her within 3 feet. When Rousey was at her best her strength in scrambles made no sense. People talk about how dumb Cat was but that flip when they scrambled was inhuman. Just weird.

I wish she had a decent personality and less aggressive marketing behind her, would've made it easier to appreciate the skill.

That zingano scramble was ridiculous...that was one of those matches that was so quick but utterly very satisfying due to the holy shit factor. I dont mind Ronda's personality because for all it's flaws,its a part of why she fights the way she does,and her ability in the cage is paramount to me than her personality outside of it. The sad thing about this forum is now that she has lost,and hasnt fought since,people choose to completley forget how good of a fighter she is.

Each time Ronda tries to come forward/strike, she will get check hooked, leg kicked and probably ko'd with a spinning backfist. Would watch. I wonder what her mental state would be like, fighting someone who wrecked the person, who wrecked you.

And because we are on the talk of raging judo superiority,i will post this awesome vid. :D

She sure was.

3o7TKDWNkxjZLHZcty.gif
l41YANiQvEUskToU8.gif

Completely different situation. Ronda vs Holm, Ronda was the aggressor. Holm vs Shevchenko, Shevchenko used Holm's momentum, as Holm was the aggressor.

This fight isn't as clear as so many sem to think, and this is coming from a devout Rousey hater. It also doesn't help that Shevchenko is a slow starter, like molasses slow. Nor does she appear to have the power in her counters that Holm has.

Some of the stuff ValChenk threw at Holly would have KOed someone like Ronda who doesn't have as good a striking base and defense.

Ronda is simply too big for Val.

Val has cemented me as her fan, and still I can't see her beating the much larger fighter.

There is another Womens MMA champion, and Val DID beat her.

At this point, I pray that the UFC will open a flyweight division where IMO, Val could be the most dominant champion in the company!

Lord knows I would be rooting hard for Val to duplicate Hollys success against Ronda, but I just can't picture it in my head!

Completely different situation. Ronda vs Holm, Ronda was the aggressor. Holm vs Shevchenko, Shevchenko used Holm's momentum, as Holm was the aggressor.

This fight isn't as clear as so many sem to think, and this is coming from a devout Rousey hater. It also doesn't help that Shevchenko is a slow starter, like molasses slow. Nor does she appear to have the power in her counters that Holm has.
I sincerely have no idea what your point is with the first part. Ronda was the agressor vs Holm. Holm was the agressor vs Valentina. So what do you mean with completely different situation? Seems to me that Valentina then also should be able to use Ronda's momentum no?

That zingano scramble was ridiculous...that was one of those matches that was so quick but utterly very satisfying due to the holy shit factor. I dont mind Ronda's personality because for all it's flaws,its a part of why she fights the way she does,and her ability in the cage is paramount to me than her personality outside of it. The sad thing about this forum is now that she has lost,and hasnt fought since,people choose to completley forget how good of a fighter she is.

This forum was waiting like a hungry dog for her first loss because they were dying to write her off. The funny part was by the time the Holm fight happened it had shifted to writing off her opponents. No one gave Holly a chance. After the fight Rousey was talentless and 135 was part-time soccer moms suddenly. People like to forget Rousey just made them look like part-time soccer moms.

And I could seperate the personal side, but her push wore on my nerves. For a while there it was just too much, and I'm not talking Rogan's hyperbole, just how much focus was on her compared to everyone else. I wanted to see guys like Condit and Holloway getting some of that mainstream attention, so seeing it focused on her was tough for a longtime fan waiting for it to explode.

I sincerely have no idea what your point is with the first part. Ronda was the agressor vs Holm. Holm was the agressor vs Valentina. So what do you mean with completely different situation? Seems to me that Valentina then also should be able to use Ronda's momentum no?

My point was pretty obvious. The two situations couldn't have been more different.

Rather than watching them fight each other, I'd like to see them train together, and have Val go to 125 when the division opens up.
As long as it is at Val's gym, and not with Edmundo.

This forum was waiting like a hungry dog for her first loss because they were dying to write her off. The funny part was by the time the Holm fight happened it had shifted to writing off her opponents. No one gave Holly a chance. After the fight Rousey was talentless and 135 was part-time soccer moms suddenly. People like to forget Rousey just made them look like part-time soccer moms.

And I could seperate the personal side, but her push wore on my nerves. For a while there it was just too much, and I'm not talking Rogan's hyperbole, just how much focus was on her compared to everyone else. I wanted to see guys like Condit and Holloway getting some of that mainstream attention, so seeing it focused on her was tough for a longtime fan waiting for it to explode.

I didnt mind the media attention,its just what they chose to focus on even grated my nerves. I hated that they kept asking her only about fights with men that would never happen,and how she was a championship level boxer. I knew that was going to come back and bite her one day,but i mean thats all they asked her about..but to fans they act as if she was holding press conferences about this shit. I never cared about the Cyborg thing at all though. If cyborg didnt wanna make the weight cut,thats tough shit for her. I still enjoyed watching Ronda's fights more than any other female BY FAR,other than Joanna Champion.I dont mind that people dont like Ronda at all,but at least be capable of having a rational conversation about it. Its seemingly impossible in this forum.

Homer in this clip represents mma fans when they watch Ronda or Joanna on TUF.

I didnt mind the media attention,its just what they chose to focus on even grated my nerves. I hated that they kept asking her only about fights with men that would never happen,and how she was a championship level boxer. I knew that was going to come back and bite her one day,but i mean thats all they asked her about..but to fans they act as if she was holding press conferences about this shit. I never cared about the Cyborg thing at all though. If cyborg didnt wanna make the weight cut,thats tough shit for her. I still enjoyed watching Ronda's fights more than any other female BY FAR,other than Joanna Champion.I dont mind that people dont like Ronda at all,but at least be capable of having a rational conversation about it. Its seemingly impossible in this forum.

Nailed it with the question thing. Girl literally says "well i believe in myself so I can never say I'll lose even if it's against a man" when asked a question, and there's 57 threads titled "Rousey claims she can beat any man alive!" like she interrupted live TV with a press conference declaring it.

It's mostly just her being a girl too. The way so many people reacted to her told me a lot of people had mean older sisters or were mad at their mom. The vitriol she got was so immediately personal to some people you would think she had personally beat them up before. Just creepy.

1) Ronda has had fights that went to the third round what makes you think she would gas after two minutes?

2) What makes you think that Val can keep her away?
She couldn't keep Kaufman or Nunes away even though it would have benefited her to not be that up close and personal with the BJJ Brown belt / black belt respectively?

This thing called progress. She was green and on short notice for Kaufman, and Nunes is the champ and was on the rise. We have a small sample size against wildly different fighters. To date, she won a close fight on short notice, she lost to the #1 but looked promising in the end, and embarrassed the #2 on her feet after surviving an early scare. She is getting more experience, improving as a fighter, and hopefully that would involve solidifying her take down defense.

As of right now, I don't think she'd be able to keep Ronda away, but I'm not sure Ronda would have the striking pedigree to avoid or chin/defense to absorb many of those right hooks or eat that backfist without taking a nap. Ronda's only chance is to take it to the ground, but she has to get in range first.

My point was pretty obvious. The two situations couldn't have been more different.
No it's not obvious at all man, I'm still not following.

You're saying Ronda was the aggressor vs Holm. Holm was the agressor vs Valentina (we all saw what happened) and if Ronda and Valentina ever were to fight, Ronda would be the agressor. So what's the completly different situation that should be so obvious?

I hope all you guys who voted Valentina bet on her too

Rounda is not fighting again, no way she makes it back to top of a prime 135 weight class

Shev takes it after Rounda bumrush to start is gassed and falls over. IT would be like DaDa cept it would be MaMa

You're saying Ronda was the aggressor vs Holm. Holm was the agressor vs Valentina (we all saw what happened) and if Ronda and Valentina ever were to fight, Ronda would be the agressor. So what's the completly different situation that should be so obvious?
It's because Ronda is always the aggressor in the clinch, that's her style. Holm is not used to being the aggressor, and prefers to counter. Ronda is also used to being bigger and stronger than her opponents. Holm was the first time that didn't happen. Ronda's used to it, and she's more than likely stronger than Shevchenko. Ronda gets the clinch, Shevchenko is likely to get tossed, due to Ronda being able to outmuscle her.

1. Holm's gameplan was to counter Rousey and use length. Against Shev it was constantly moving forward.

2. Because Holm's gameplan was completely different you can't use her two fights as a good comparison when talking Shev/Rousey.

3. Rousey wouldn't use Holm's gameplan plan, she'd move forward to close the gap and clinch, not to strike. So Shev's counters wouldn't work exactly like they did on Holm.

Allright, thanks for clearing it up!

(Still think Valentina would win vs Ronda though.)

Back