Who is the fighter of the year?

Ilia Topuria by far.

Pereira needs to stop running away from Ankalaev

That's impossible, Alex was undisputed, I think in the whole year, he only lost rounds to Khalil, apart from that, he won all the rounds in the fights he had, he fought sick, with a broken finger.

Pereira

3 title defences in 175 days.
Throw in the fact that he was almost going to cancel the day before but went in anyway sick. Having a some adversity but still putting it on Roundtree in the end. Fought with a messed up foot against Hill.

Shut Jiri down the 2nd time around and made it look easy - the same Jiri who finished the guy who ank went to decision with.

Dude is the MVP of 2024.

Hard to say.

Illia's opponents were higher quality but Poatan just jumpin into the fire against all these guys on short notice is insane too

Pereira KO’d 2 former champs with no defenses and then a guy that didn’t deserve the shot.

Topuria KO’d two long time champs and top fighters often considered best ever in the weight class.

Not trying to take anything away from Pereira but I think it’s Topuria. Just much more significant wins.

I’m usually not a fan of co winners , but it has happened in sports before ….they both seem deserving

Alex. Fighting that often and on short notice is more impressive.

Topu easily. Quality of opponent matters.

Jiri rematch was pointless imo, & was just made because a card needed to be filled. Roundtree's shot made no sense to me. A legit gatekeeper in the lower end of the top 10 was a gift from Dana to Alex.

Topuria KOed 2 GOATs but Poatan saved 2 cards with late replacements so Dana will favor Poatan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claypool97
Back