Who is the fighter of the year?

Great argument and how he beat two all-time greats in his division should not be understated. Also, think Alex winning those three fights in a short amount of time is what's really wild. That's pretty impressive stuff.

Pereira’s short turnarounds were badass moves but I just don’t think you can argue Topuria has the far more significant wins.

This will sound like downplaying Pereira, which I don’t mean to do, but he beat two former champs with no defenses and a guy that didn’t deserve the shot. Topuria beat two all timers that were main stays at the top of the division for a long time.

I wouldn't be upset whichever fighter gets the nod. They've both proven to be top flight talents and champions. They both made their respective weight classes interesting again. I don't knock either one winning, and whichever of them doesn't win any end of year accolades shouldn't be upset about it, as, in reality, both have had a memorable year.

Topuria. Taking nothing from Pereira but Topuria has the far more historically significant wins.

Alex.

He's the bigger man with more power and doesn't do gay shit like stealing Max's point to the middle of the ring.

Ilia hands down. Hes beaten 2 HOF fighters in very impressive fashion.

It’s simple …

is KOing 2 FW GOAT Champs back to back > KOing 2 LHW Champs + Khalil

LoL, simple.

Back