Who is the biggest glass cannon of all time in the UFC?

Chuck was never both glass chinned and an offensive powerhouse at the same time. His chin was great during his prime. Then it was gone for the last several fights of his career and he didn't knock anyone out during that period.

Overeem is both glass chinned and an offensive powerhouse and has been both for a long time.
But beyond one fight vs Belfort, one against Overeem who didn’t truly develop crazy power until he bulked up and one vs Rampage who was there to truly test his chin before Chuck vs Rampage 2?

But beyond one fight vs Belfort, one against Overeem who didn’t truly develop crazy power until he bulked up and one vs Rampage who was there to truly test his chin before Chuck vs Rampage 2?

Lol as if those aren't enough. Chuck was known for having a good chin. Then he didn't and lost all his fights. That has nothing to do with glass cannons.

Andrei is one of my all time favorite fighters, but he had a glass chin for a HW. He also had incredible KO power. Therefore, glass cannon CONFIRMED.
Besides his first fight which was embarrassing, he’s been KO’ed by Rizzo, Sylvia, Fedor, Rogers, Kharinotov, Miocic, Overeem and Ngannou (he just couldn’t defend himself vs Rodriguez he wasn’t KO’ed). Losing to those guys by KO could happen to any heavyweight on any given night and we have also seen Arlovski take some heavy shots without a problem.

I think some of you just don’t understand that being KO’ed by powerful guys does not mean you have a glass chin, now Chuck vs Tito 3 looked like he would get knocked over by a gust of wind.

Lol as if those aren't enough. Chuck was known for having a good chin. Then he didn't and lost all his fights. That has nothing to do with glass cannons.
So he fights 2 guys known for being very powerful and gets (t)ko’ed in one of those fights and all the sudden he has an amazing chin. Sorry to burst your nostalgic bubble but I’m not buying it.

Overeem.

If Alistair could take a punch like prime Mark Hunt he'd be the undisputed greatest heavyweight ever.
Lol that would be scary probably a meme of no known weakness

The past 8 or so years Fedor gots to be in that class as well. He's either doing the knocking out or he's getting wrecked every fight.

And I’d like to clarify that by no means was I saying Chuck had a bad chin I’m just wondering why a guy like Overeem who only was KOed by powerful strikers before his chin went downhill is a glass cannon whereas Chuck faces 2 guys known for their KO power and is finished in one of those fights and than when he finally faces strikers starts getting KOed all the sudden has a vastly superior chin.

"Glass cannon" is a popular term in gaming (especially online-gaming), where it refers to a character class that has remarkable offensive power, but has low defense.

And how does a dude with zero losses fit that description?

Chuck didn’t lose his chin until late in his career.

Glass canon, not glass chin. It just means all offense nd bo defense. So a dude who takes all punches on the chin but walks through them can still be a glass canon.

Glass canon, not glass chin. It just means all offense nd bo defense. So a dude who takes all punches on the chin but walks through them can still be a glass canon.

If you are walking through strikes without breaking where’s the glass?

Obviously a glass cannon refers to an inability to take punishment (breaking like glass) while possessing decent offensive capabilities (like a canon).

If you are walking through strikes without breaking where’s the glass?

Obviously a glass cannon refers to an inability to take punishment (breaking like glass) while possessing decent offensive capabilities (like a canon).

I agree, that it can be interpreted that way, but in general it's

Glass cannon" is a popular term in gaming (especially online-gaming), where it refers to a character class that has remarkable offensive power, but has low defense.

Of course an iron chin could be considered defense. But going by the OP, I don't think TS meant that.

And an iron chin is still low defense, if that's all you have, IMO.

I understand the term glass cannon but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are equating shot chin as glass cannon, two examples I see mentioned multiple times are Manhoef and Overeem.

Manhoef: 47 MMA fights, 5 KO losses to Carvahlo, Schilling, Lawler, Glunder, Schrijber. Losing by KO to any of those fighters does not mean you have a glass chin.

Overeem: 62 fights, 13 KO losses BUT prior to fighting in the UFC 47 fights, 5 KO losses and one corner stoppage, KO losses to Shogun 2 times, Chuck, KharinotovOvnd Hoffman early in his career. None of these losses would mean your a glass cannon. He entered the UFC after this and his K-1 career as well.

Factor in their kickboxing careers and one can come to the conclusion they are shopworn. Why are they glass cannons but Chuck Liddell gets a pass?

Overeem was a glass cannon in Pride too. He was 7-7 and was TKO/KO'ed in 4 of those fights.

He's always been a glass cannon. He was just very active early in his career and racked up a lot of can fights.

Reem Guillard and Manhoef are the ultimate glass cannons

Unpopular opinion - I also think Johny Walker may turn about to be a glass cannon.

I agree, did you see that fight where he was knocked out like 4 times in 18 seconds haha?

Back