Who is the biggest glass cannon of all time in the UFC?

I think he was mostly known for have absurd punching power and clumsy defense. Stop acting like a pretentious twat, of course I've watched him its on youtube. He eats punches.

Obviously you haven't. You've just read a terrible narrative surrounding him to discredit him as one of the best heavyweights ever.

You can argue he fought guys past their prime, his skills should never be in question.

Urban Dictionary also defines this as: Refers to a person, weapon, or vehicle which has a high output, but a low defense,

That's like when you're talking about a video game, the term Glass Cannon came from video games. When you apply it to combat sports in real life though it's not about defense it's about how much damage you can absorb which in video games is determined by your defensive stats.

Chuck even though he had great TDD he eat tons of punches during his career. Also Rocky Marciano.

How does eating punches = glass chin.

It's sort of the opposite. Chuck's chin was iron until he got old, and once his chin cracked his cannon went with it.

Lil’ Nog was a corner stoppage and Arona was a submission to punches he was not KO’ed. Otherwise getting KO’ed or (t)KO’ed by Chuck, Shogun x2 and Kharinotov hardly makes you a glass cannon o_O

He was finished via strikes by almost every good opponent he had in Pride. He was also a notorious front-runner that started off well and either got KO'ed or gassed out if he didnt win in the first.

Love Machida but in hindsight he wasnt the most durable fighter. Fortunately his mediocre armor and hp was offset by a high dodge and parry stat and a lot of i-frames.

What?

Overeem.

If Alistair could take a punch like prime Mark Hunt he'd be the undisputed greatest heavyweight ever.

His chin is (or was) fine, he just eats shots from 265 lb monsters. I don't think anyone in HW can be in this discussion, except for maybe Arlovski.

That's like when you're talking about a video game, the term Glass Cannon came from video games. When you apply it to combat sports in real life though it's not about defense it's about how much damage you can absorb which in video games is determined by your defensive stats.
Thank you for being reasonable. Perhaps I used the definition incorrectly.

Back