Who is the biggest glass cannon of all time in the UFC?

manhoef is the true embodiment of a glass cannon
5 KO losses in 47 pro fights, that’s really not that bad considering who knocked him out Carvalho, Schilling, Lawler, Glunder, Schrijber. Glunder is the only person on that list who isn’t known for their knockout power but he certainly was not pillow fisted.

Do some of you guys not understand what a “glass cannon” is supposed to be?

Overeem and Manuwa are great answers. No Love might be next on that list.

Overeem clearly. He's been getting knocked unconscious for many many years. I honestly don't see how he continues so long. He had some brutal kos as lhw in pride when he was young, so he always had that button to push. He still speaks well and doesn't slur or any of that, that I've noticed. Maybe the horsemeat gives him superhuman recovery.
Something about the dutch . Even k1 guys from holland many ko losses seem fine !

was wondering the same thing

some of these responses are odd

Rich clementi is the only no love imo!

I understand the term glass cannon but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are equating shot chin as glass cannon, two examples I see mentioned multiple times are Manhoef and Overeem.

Manhoef: 47 MMA fights, 5 KO losses to Carvahlo, Schilling, Lawler, Glunder, Schrijber. Losing by KO to any of those fighters does not mean you have a glass chin.

Overeem: 62 fights, 13 KO losses BUT prior to fighting in the UFC 47 fights, 5 KO losses and one corner stoppage, KO losses to Shogun 2 times, Chuck, Kharinotov and Hoffman early in his career. None of these losses would mean your a glass cannon. He entered the UFC after this and his K-1 career as well.

Factor in their kickboxing careers and one can come to the conclusion they are shopworn. Why are they glass cannons but Chuck Liddell gets a pass?

Jordan Mein is another good example.

Manhoef: 47 MMA fights, 5 KO losses to Carvahlo, Schilling, Lawler, Glunder, Schrijber. Losing by KO to any of those fighters does not mean you have a glass chin

He has a long kickboxing career too. Mostly against HW to be fair, but he has been KO'd a lot..

Because they've been doing it their whole careers, Chuck just at the end.

I'm sad to say it, but it's Andrei.

tumblr_nwb6zccjUk1r89qoso1_400.gif

Super easy. Overeem. Guy woulda been a dominant champ if not for his chin. Its amazing that hes still speaking fairly clearly.

drew mcfedries is up there as underrated as he was. throw terry martin in too

edit. james irvin as well

You guys remember Jonathan Goulet? A stiff breeze would knock him into next Thursday.

Lesnar in a way. Duffee if anyone cares. Manuwa has been recently. McGregor in terms of gas tank.

But Overeem is the king. Dumb as hell and always had a wilt in him.

Chuck in his prime literally had one of the best chins that I've to this day have ever seen. He took absolute bombs back in the day and wouldnt budge.

As soon as he was flash KO'ed by rampage, his chin also went down faster than any fighter that I'd ever seen.

The man in my AV. His fights rarely go the distance, the most legendary glass cannon in MMA HW history.

I'm sad to say it, but it's Andrei.

tumblr_nwb6zccjUk1r89qoso1_400.gif

I think he has been involved in too many decisions, but he does have incredible power and a glass chin for sure.

Jordan Mein is another good example.

He has a long kickboxing career too. Mostly against HW to be fair, but he has been KO'd a lot..

Because they've been doing it their whole careers, Chuck just at the end.
Yeah but it’s not like Chuck faced a murderers row of strikers, besides an undersized Pele (2 weight classes below), Vitor (who Overeem beat as well), and Rampage who beat Chuck down who was really a KO threat to Chuck? Once he started fighting primarily strikers he started getting starched.

Back