Who is higher on the GOAT list? Izzy or Pereira?

Izzy or Alex? Who is higher on GOAT list?

• Izzy

• Alex

Results are only viewable after voting.
Neither guy has retired yet. How are you going to decided who's the GOAT when either guy could still do impressive things yet? GOAT threads on current fighters are the premature ejaculation of forum discussions.

Are you shitting me? Alex is nowhere near any GOAT list of any sort. Izzy is the #2 MW of all time, and I’m not even a fan of the guy. The poll results are Sherdog recency bias cranked to the max.

Kickboxing - Alex is galaxies ahead
MMA - Izzy is still clearly ahead sadly
Boxing - N/A both have fights but did nothing overall
Combat sports overall - Alex easy

Izzy still. Alex needs more wins against solid competition.

Yeah but two belts kind of nullifies that, also if he defends the belt at LHW it’ll really add to his legacy

Do you have Conor higher than Volk on the GOAT list as well because he won 2 belts? The answer to that question should reveal how silly it is to compare Alex and Izzy’s mma careers so far.

Pereira is reasonably old and a very late starter in MMA, yet he managed to win 2 belts in the UFC, not to mention what he already did in kickboxing.

He's a special talent and nobody achieved what he did. I don't care about who is higher on the GOAT list, but Pereira is definitely unique in his own way.

That being said, he has to defend his belt a least one time. If he always loses the next fight, it's not good for his legacy. Just one sucessful defense is enough in my opinion considering what he already did in his fighting career.

It doesn't because Alex hasn't conquered shit. He's won two belts while being fast tracked. He hasn't cleared out either weight class. Izzy cleared out MW almost twice.
Adesanya has beaten 3 world champions (former or current). Alex has beaten 4. Lmao once again you're just making Izzy look worse. It doesn't get better when you realize 1 out of the 3 for Izzy was 44 year old Anderson.

Two division accomplishments are great but they don’t alone mean more than a long title reign.

AP has had the superior combat sports career overall but Izzy has had the better MMA career.

I mean Alex probably is the most fast tracked fighter to title fights in UFC history and people complain Conor didn’t deserve his title shot lol

Wait till you find out who he just beat for the LHW title.

Alex has beaten 4 (former or current) world champions. Two of whom beat Izzy. Adesanya has beaten 3. Lmao once again you're just making Izzy look worse.
And he won against the two guys Izzy lost pretty recently. And achieved what Izzy tried and failed.
I dont know If Alex wants to leave a legacy as the Great Goatan. Mofo seems happy enough just to one-up whatever Izzy does.
Dude is a terminator and Izzy is his John Connor.

Double champ that beat the other guy first and 3 times before losing is the better of them, also consider Pereira dispatched Strickland.

Adesanya has beaten 3 world champions (former or current). Alex has beaten 4. Lmao once again you're just making Izzy look worse. It doesn't get better when you realize 1 out of the 3 for Izzy was 44 year old Anderson.

Yeah the reason they weren't more MW world champions is because Adesanya didn't allow them to be lol. Such a dumb stat. I don't think you would argue Conor is higher than Aldo alltime either.

This is some classic Sherdog haterade lol. Izzy's wins dwarf Alex.

They will never give him credit

Maybe in like 10 years and then they will act like they were always fans

Izzy legacy in MMA is far beyond Alexs as of now

Back