Who is #3 best win of Anderson Silva?

Uh I don’t hate Sonnen, I actually enjoy his fights and analysis. Everything I said about Sonnen is true. He was never a champion in any major org, it’s ridiculous to rate him above REAL champions like Franklin, sakurai, belfort, griffin.

it’s funny how history changes once a fighter becomes popular to casuals. Nate Diaz has always been a journeyman but once he started talking shit, gaining popularity, and a big win over Conor, he’s somehow considered an elite win that warrants a title shot.

So you reply the same again with no more basis than saying "everything I sayd is true"

Wel get it right, it's far from true:

- Sonnen got a tittle eliminator by dominating top5 ranked Okami, in an unaired fight in the prelims where there wasnt badmouthing or talking at all.
So get it right, Sonnen got into a tittle eliminator - which he dominated despite being the underdog - before being "popular to casuals" or even run his mouth.
You talk about casuals and you are the one sounding like a textbook one going by shertard popular beliefs and myths.

- Sonnen did win a WEC tittle fight even if his opponent missed weight. Filho himself sent him the belt and payd the costs FYI. Filho gives him the credit, you don't. lol

Btw you dont even know who Sakurai beat prior to fight Anderson, and Franklin's challengers as a champion would be totally dominated by 2010 Sonnen. I asked if you acknowledge any evolution in Sonnen skill set but at this point I doubt aibcould get any answer even if you tried xD

Last edited:
But who has non-trt vitor ever beat though? He's a completely different fighter when on / off trt.

I'd imagine he's been on steroids most of his career.. just like most of his opponents prior to USADA. It's kinda a fruitless argument IMO because I already know your stance/belief on this matter.

Honestly I cannot trust a single fighter when it comes to drug use whether it's pre USADA or post USADA.

Vitor Belfort has has plenty of great fights in his career/win or lose. He wasn't called the the phenom for nothing. One of the most talented strikers in UFC history. At the time his wins over Rich Franklin, Matt Lindland, Bisping and Rockhold were all solid wins (maybe Rumble too) regardless of TRT or no trt.

And there's no shame in losing to Chris Weidman for example at 38 years old with or without TRT. However I do agree he did look like shit in those fights post TRT at 38...39... 40.. 41 years old

Last edited:
So you reply the same again with no more basis than saying "everything I sayd is true"

Wel get it right, it's far from true:

- Sonnen got a tittle eliminator by dominating top5 ranked Okami, in an unaired fight in the prelims where there wasnt badmouthing or talking at all.
So get it right, Sonnen got into a tittle eliminator - which he dominated despite being the underdog - before being "popular to casuals" or even run his mouth.
You talk about casuals and you are the one sounding like a textbook one going by shertard popular beliefs and myths.

- Sonnen did win a WEC tittle fight even if his opponent missed weight. Filho himself sent him the belt and payd the costs FYI. Filho does him the credit, you don't. lol

Btw you dont even know who Sakurai beat prior to fight Anderson, and Franklin's challengers as a champion would be totally dominated by 2010 Sonnen Also, I already know what kind of asessment of Sonnen's evolution in his skill set I could get from you even if you tried xD
Sonnen never won the WEC belt because Filho missed weight. Sorry, filho “sending” him the belt means fuck all. Did you even watch that fight? Filho was talking to himself and looking at ghosts.

Sonnens “evolution” as a fighter happened around the same time he was juicey. Prior to juicing he was losing 3x to Jeremy Horn and getting choked out by Forrest griffin. Like I said, glorified journeyman

Forrest... at the time just had beat #1 Shogun and then #1 Rampage... losing the belt to Rashad after winning the first 2 rounds... *** and Anderson put that Matrix on that ass...
Forrest was coming off a hilarious pummeling vs Shad and purportedly got ko'd in training camp for Anderson. Was then on Xanax for the fight lol

Silva beats any version of Forrest imo but that was a pretty diminished version that we saw

Sonnen never won the WEC belt because Filho missed weight. Sorry, filho “sending” him the belt means fuck all. Did you even watch that fight? Filho was talking to himself and looking at ghosts.

Sonnens “evolution” as a fighter happened around the same time he was juicey. Prior to juicing he was losing 3x to Jeremy Horn and getting choked out by Forrest griffin. Like I said, glorified journeyman

cool that you stopped with the bullshit about Sonnen getting the tittle shot with his mouth ;)

So you do not acknowledge any evolution in Sonnen skill set even trying.
Sonnen - a standout wrestler since he got into MMA pretty young and raw - developed good movility and volume striking along with great set ups to his already elite TDs, and especially took his ground game to a whole other level under Fabiano Sherner as a BJJ coach since 2008...plus yeah, and enhanced conditoning since around that same time.

Like I said, glorified journeyman

Like I said, textbook casual. Delivering anything but texbook shertard casual common beliefs - his mouth got him the chance, his Ls earlier in his career, no evolution in his overall game only PEDs, career journeyman, the ghosts vs Fillho... - and at tthe end of the day the best you deliver to support your casual stance is something along the lines of "everything I say is true" :p

Last edited:
They aren't in order bud, just two different tiers of fighters. I like Bisping too but he didn't consistently beat top fighters.
I get the tier thing..
But if you are talking about GSPs top wins MB had to be in top tier imo..
Just given the extra circumstances

cool that you stopped with the bullshit about Sonnen getting the tittle shot with his mouth ;)

Like I said, you could not assess Sonnen evolution in his skill set even trying. Sonnen - a standout wrestler since he got into MMA pretty young and raw - developed good movility and volume striking along with great set ups to his already elite TDs, and especially took his ground game to a whole other level under Fabiano Sherner as a BJJ coach since 2008...plus yeah, and enhanced conditoning since around that same time.

Like I said, textbook casual. Delivering anything but texbook shertard casual common beliefs - his mouth got him the chance, his Ls earlier in his career, no evolution in his overall game only PEDs, career journeyman, the ghosts vs Fillho... - and at tthe end of the day the best you deliver to support your casual stance is something along the lines of "everything I say is true" :p
When did I say he got a TS because of shit talk?

Also, why do you keep bringing up his evolution as a fighter? That has nothing to do with this thread.

I’m still waiting for you to explain how a win over Sonnen, a guy who’s never won more than 3 fights streak, never won a major belt, proven steroid cheat, is a better win than Belfort, Hendo, Franklin or even Griffin

Franklin 1. Silva came in & walked through the reigning champ. That plum clinch was ugly!

Forrest... at the time just had beat #1 Shogun and then #1 Rampage... losing the belt to Rashad after winning the first 2 rounds... *** and Anderson put that Matrix on that ass...

The Andy haters will not like the way you wrote this!.... it should of been "Forrest was tailor made for Anderson and Anderson picked to fight him" chuck in that Rampage and Shogun weren't fighting at their best

I think even that Belfort, who few months after smoked Akiyama, would still beat any version of Franklin and Sakurai
Eh I'm not really denying that. I'm saying that for the time/circumstance/matchup that Sakurai/Franklin were bigger deals when Anderson beat them.
Vitor just got done knocking 3 ppl dead in a row with 2 being Lindland n Franklin before the Anderson fight. His hand speed in those fights an the Anderson fight was as fast as they ever been. He then took out Akiyama an Rumble
Ok, but I would dispute your definition of "just got done" there. He was out for a year and a half between his last fight and his Anderson fight.

Meanwhile Sakurai was a consensus top P4P talent, and by beating Franklin Anderson became the champ. Both bigger than beating that Belfort IMO.

Eh I'm not really denying that. I'm saying that for the time/circumstance/matchup that Sakurai/Franklin were bigger deals when Anderson beat them.

Sakurai was a consensus top P4P talent, and by beating Franklin Anderson became the champ. Both bigger than beating that Belfort IMO.

I respect your opinion, it has a point but,

Do you actually know who did Sakurai beat to earn such top p4p status? Would you consider a win over Kenji Kawaguchi, Yuki Kondo, or Semmy Shilt a #1 p4p win because they were ranked so at some point, not that long before Sakurai was?

What I mean is that rankings were more of a guessing especially back in the day, when the talent and weightclasses in mma were very dissorganized.

Sakurai had beat - or drawed with - everyone that was put in front of him up until that point but still going to the Hughes fight, after he had already lost to Silva, the match up was regarded as a test to see how legit was the "p4p status" that had been assumed for Sakurai...we know how that fight went.

Sakurai was a very good fighter but hard to place him above a much bigger, stronger, proven tougher opponent at the time in Vitor Belfort for the UFC championship, regardless of a supposed "top p4p status" that even those who made the rankings assumed it was more of a guessing and was hardly supported by the level of competition Sakurai had faced until that point.

When did I say he got a TS because of shit talk?

lol wut:

He was a career long journeyman until he started using mouth

it’s funny how history changes once a fighter becomes popular to casuals. started talking shit, gaining popularity, he’s somehow considered an elite win that warrants a title shot.

<{blankeye}>

So you talk bullshit, get rebutted, and then you deny you talked bullshit? wtf

Sonnen went from journeyman/gatekeeper to tittle contender by dominating top MWs. It was before he started talking shit. So get it right and stop talking bullshit

Also, why do you keep bringing up his evolution as a fighter? That has nothing to do with this thread.

This thread - which I made btw - is about the toughest opponents for Silva at the time he beat them so it certainly has to do with thread at what point in their careers they were when they faced Silva.

It doesnt matter to you because you can't even acknowledge any evolution in Sonnen's skill set through his career. As if he was the same fighter when he fought Anderson than when he fought Jeremy Hon, a fight you referenced and 100% you didnt even watch lol.

I’m still waiting for you to explain how a win over Sonnen, a guy who’s never won more than 3 fights streak, never won a major belt, proven steroid cheat, is a better win than Belfort, Hendo, Franklin or even Griffin

Not a better win than Belfor or Hendo.
He has a case over Franklin and I explain you why:
- dominant wins over Okami, Marquardt, Bisping and Stann are better than Franklin's wins at 185.
- Sonnen did better than Franklin against their two common opponents: Silva and Okami.
So it was fair to believe Sonnen was a tougher opponent than Franklin when they faced Silva.

1. Griffin
Anderson doing what he did to a man just coming from holding the belt a weight class up is insane

2. Hendo
Former double pride champ in his prime, such a huge scalp to take

3. Sonnen 2
Surging contender who was so close to beating him the first time

1. Griffin
Anderson doing what he did to a man just coming from holding the belt a weight class up is insane

2. Hendo
Former double pride champ in his prime, such a huge scalp to take

3. Sonnen 2
Surging contender who was so close to beating him the first time

Damn thats embarassing to have Griffin as your best win.

Damn thats embarassing to have Griffin as your best win.

what? the former champ in the weightclass above?

But the thing is, people will say that's embarrassing but he was champ at LHW, says more about how overrated the LHW division was even at that time rather than him being Andy's best win.

This is what pisses me off, people say Griffin sucks, but those same people will say the LHW division was amazing at the time, cant be that great if Griffin sucked as a fighter. double standards everywhere.

I def won’t read your op, nothing interesting there.

Nah I’m just a realist when it comes to Anderson and say it how it is.
Why do you come into a thread and waste space, if you don’t even read the OP? Do you realize how big of a hater it makes you look like?

Dildos: “oh look an Anderson thread. Let me go spew ignorant hate.”

Franklin and Diaz.

Franklin is arguably one of the best MW ever. He had a good run before Anderson. And then Anderson came in and son’d him, twice.
Diaz. Steroids blah blah I guess. Anderson “won the mma fight”

both good wins IMO. Wish he’d had hit Bisping with a few follow up shots and that would have been a great win. Ah well

Back