Who is #3 best win of Anderson Silva?

He was awesome but his resume isnt all singing n dancing. Jones wins on resume over all, by a street.

Very tough to choose a top 3 but Hendo is in there for sure imho. If I had to choose I'd go with Rich and Vitor.

Newton, Sakurai, Chael, Maia, Okami, Griffin, Leites, Murray etc. Lots of quality wins, many of which were in highlight reel fashion and some not so much.

As for Chael, a wise man once said "his face should be a Pink Floyd cover because whenever I see him all I see is a triangle".

Okami, Marquardt or Sakurai dont have name, you call them "the rest" while pretend Kos, Fitch or Alves are just a "small dip down" from Belfort and Henderson. Either clueless or heavily biased, friend.

You place Shields as #1 win for "GOAT GSP"...did you actually watch his fight with Okami not the "name" in fight finder? Audience in attendance booed the decision, how did you score it?

Your casual theory around "names" and "dip downs" probably explain why do you rate Maia a step above "the rest". If you were watching you would know Marquardt was considered a tougher opponent and actually KOed Maia. Okami as well, who dominated the same Muñoz who made Maia dropping to WW....And Silva fought an even more raw version of him.

Thanks for your reply and trying to expand but it was a weak try you have to admit
Fight Finder? No sir I actually watch the sport and go off skill set. Who had a better career, Maia or Marquardt? No Shields wasn't GSP's best win. I simply numbered the fighters so you could easily identify the greater numbers of quality opponents in GSP's resume. We all have our biases, you're not excluded. Notice how you didn't touch the Bisping topic for instance.
Vitor was on TRT when Silva destroyed him with arguably the best KO in UFC history.
View attachment 787945
Sure maybe starting, he didn't fight the monster Bisping fought.

I respect your opinion but

Okami, Silva and Griffin did grapple with Rich and exposed his flaws:

Okami took him down, mounted him, locked tights kimura and guillotine
Silva dismantled him from the clinch.
Griffin took him down 5 times.

Sonnen is a way more skilled wrestler than them

Thats not really fair, he used to rush into subsmissions. It's highly unlikely Franklin could capitalize on that. He was not an easy guy to put away. How many KO losses does Sonnen have during his prime?

Bisping had better TDD and scrambling ability. He would not get outmaneuvered by Silva or Okami as Franklin did in the grappling department. I think Sonnen in his prime is a bad matchup but Rich definitely has a legit chance
all of those fighters have better stand up than chael.

also im not sure bisping has better tdd than rich and even if its a little better, hes gotten exposed on the mat. his fights with hendo(the second one),kennedey, hamil, rashad imo show this. u can make the excuse for ring rust in the kennedey fight and ill except that to a degree. i dont mention the rockhold fight cause he was head kicked. a grappler has never gotton over on rich thats not dan henderson. where bisping while being a pain to takedown, you still know is weak sauce on the mat/overall grappling. lettis and doberman gave bis tough fights simply because they are grapplers who have servicable stand up. bisping does have underrated takedowns himself though.

respectfully disagree. rich fought dan to a split. the only grappler to beat him, was via split and it was hendo. i dont have chael on that level.

Fight Finder? No sir I actually watch the sport and go off skill set. Who had a better career, Maia or Marquardt? No Shields wasn't GSP's best win. I simply numbered the fighters so you could easily identify the greater numbers of quality opponents in GSP's resume. We all have our biases, you're not excluded. Notice how you didn't touch the Bisping topic for instance.

Sure maybe starting, he didn't fight the monster Bisping fought.
shields is gsps best win dog. hes the henderson of WW. multiple titles. wins in multiple weigfhtclasses, but he happened to come short when in the ufc. simply a staple of WW and one of the best to ever do it. if its not shields its hughes

Last edited:
all of those fighters have better stand up than chael.

Chael's standup was underrated; his style was heavily wrestling based obviously but had decent skills standing, good movility and very hig pace, mixed it up well with his shots.
He beat Okami mostly in the fight standing, placed good strikes on Silva and used them to set up TDs. Faced plenty of good strikers and KO artists yet was barely ever KOed during his prime....

also im not sure bisping has better tdd than rich and even if its a little better, hes gotten exposed on the mat. his fights with hendo(the second one),kennedey, hamil, rashad imo show this. u can make the excuse for ring rust in the kennedey fight and ill except that to a degree. a grappler has never gotton over on rich thats not dan henderson. where bisping while being a pain to takedown, you still know is weak sauce on the mat/overall grappling

fair enough athough I dispute the sentence in bold. Grapplers or not, Silva, Okami and Griffin got over on Rich with his grappling. Even out of retirement Shamrock got him in a bad position lol.
I mean that there were obviusly flaws to be exploited by such an elite grappler as Sonnen. If you didnt see more doing it is because he didnt fought much of them in the first place. Loiseau, Quarry or Wand are all arguably top5 wins in Franklin's career, they obviously arent the same grappling threat

Last edited:
Sure if you want me to expand I can, after Belfort and Henderson, Anderson's opposition takes a small dip to Maia, followed by a more substantial dip down to Franklin, Chael, Griffin and the rest of them.

The GOAT GSP on the other hand has an easily identifiable list of highly skilled opponents
1. Jake Shields
2. Carlos Condit
3. Johnny Hendricks
4. BJ Penn
5. Matt Hughes
Followed by a small dip down to another tier of top fighters including:
1. Kos
2. Diaz
3. Fitch
4. Alvez
5. Bisping

Bisping is an interesting one because I consider him a second tier fighter here and yet GSP the smaller man finished him when they fought, Anderson on the other hand got out hustled and even dropped by Bisping.

It was a little difficult to find names for Anderson, GSP was a lot easier.
I put Bisping much higher..not so much because MB is great but years off and moving up top 5 win but I'm not sure who I would kick out of your top 5

Yes he was. And yes it is.
I dont see much difference on his body from that fight to few months after when he destroyed Akiyama.
Hard to believe a long time juicer gets off the juice only for the most important fight of his career
122vitorbelfort.0.jpg

vb159986522.jpg

Lol no

I put Bisping much higher..not so much because MB is great but years off and moving up top 5 win but I'm not sure who I would kick out of your top 5
They aren't in order bud, just two different tiers of fighters. I like Bisping too but he didn't consistently beat top fighters.

Chael's standup was underrated; his style was heavily wrestling based obviously but had decent skills standing, good movility and very hig pace, mixed it up well with his shots.
He beat Okami mostly in the fight standing, placed good strikes on Silva and used them to set up TDs. Faced plenty of good strikers and KO artists yet was barely ever KOed during his prime....

fair enough athough I dispute the sentence in bold. Grapplers or not, Silva, Okami and Griffin got over on Rich with his grappling. There were obviusly flaws that could be exploited by such an elite grappler as Sonnen. If you didnt see more is because he didnt fought them in the first place. Loiseau, Quarry or Wand are all arguably top5 wins in Franklin's career, they obviously werent elite grapplers
chael cannot replicate that clinch, or griffins size. also, those 2 established their striking setting up the grappling. imo chael while being the better wrestler than those 2 was not a better overall grappler (subbed by both) and didnt have the striking to win or ability to finish. rich is an anti grappling fighter more so than bisping who should have got the nod over chael. rich wasnt someone who once you got down could subbmit or keep down. forrest won the grappling exchanges but wasnt going full curtis blayeds. not to mention it was light heavey. i think chael gets him down, but i dont think he wins the fight.

Last edited:
Fight Finder? No sir I actually watch the sport and go off skill set.

You have not made any single reference to skillsets, mate

Who had a better career, Maia or Marquardt?

Is this a question based off skill set?
Gastelum has names on his W colum who have had legendary careers. Context. What was Maia doing around the time Silva fought him?

Getting beat by Mark Muñoz and KOed by Marquardt. He wasnt at that point a supperior opponent than Marquard or Okami based off skill set, if you were watching the sport as you say. Maia took his skill set to another level in following years.

We all have our biases, you're not excluded. Notice how you didn't touch the Bisping topic for instance..

Trying to make a point about the 20 years career of a fighter based on a performance at 40+ years old? What's that? Thats what I meant with fight finder opinions. No context, like based on paper

As if Bisping didnt spend Silva's entire reign in his same division uncapable of getting a shot, losing to guys that Silva was outclassing. We all may have bias but moderate yours lol

By the way I did the fight finder reference asking you a question: You say Shields is first tier competition, comparable to Belfort or Henderson while Okami is not comparable to him, not even a tier below, not a "name" worth mentoning actually. So I ask you:
Did you watch Shields vs Okami? Audience in attendance booed the decision, how did you score it?

Last edited:
He was awesome but his resume isnt all singing n dancing. Jones wins on resume over all, by a street.

Jones is in the discussion of course.
The fact he has only beat elite competition in a single weightclass - where he enjoys a significant size advantage and has reincident staint for PEDs - while GSP did in 2 and Silva in 3; and his controversial dec wins its what Jones has going against his case imo

Chael is so overrated. He’s not even top 5 in Silva best wins

Chael is so overrated. He’s not even top 5 in Silva best wins

More like the opposite, many underrate him for his antics and Ls in his record out of his prime. Sonnen made great improvements in standup and BJJ from his first UFC run to the time he fought Silva. The fact he took 5 rounds off Silva - which is better than anybody else in the list - is a testament of it. Also on the juice since 2008.
He was the underdog going into his fights with top5 ranked at the time Okami and Marquard btw, so certainly not overrated

Sonnen doesnt necessarily had a top5 career among fighters Silva beat but he was easily top5 toughest opponent. Context means something. Sonnen was a heavily enhanced buzzsaw in 2010

More like the opposite, many underrate him for his antics and Ls in his record out of his prime. Sonnen made great improvements in standup and BJJ from his first UFC run to the time he fought Silva. Actually the fact he took 5 rounds off Silva - which is better than anybody else in the list - is a testament of it. Also on the juice since 2008.
He was the underdog going into his fights with top5 ranked at the time Okami and Marquard btw, so certainly not overrated

Sonnen doesnt necessarily had a top5 career among fighters Silva beat but he was easily top5 toughest opponent. Context means something. Sonnen was a buzzsaw at the time
He was a career long journeyman until he started using mouth and PEDs. He folds every time when he starts to lose a fight. His best win is against Paulo filho who was having a schizophrenic episode inside the cage. Chael never even won the WEC belt..

You could make a case for a number of guys. I'd probably pick Franklin but could easily see Chael or Griffin as well.

He was a career long journeyman until he started using mouth and PEDs. He folds every time when he starts to lose a fight. His best win is against Paulo filho who was having a schizophrenic episode inside the cage. Chael never even won the WEC belt..

lol you sound heavy on the hate. and you dont really back up what you just said with anything but let's see.

Sonnen got a tittle eliminator by dominating top5 ranked Okami, in an unaired fight in the prelims where there wasnt badmouthing, or talking at all. So placed himself into tittle contention with his skills not his mouth.

Indeed PED can turn an already very good fighter in an elite one, has happened to many others. Besides, do you even remotely acknowledge Sonnen's evolution in his standup and BJJ skills, particularly since hiring Fabieno "Pega Leve" or not even close? His passing game and overall ground game did took noticeable steps for anyone with a clue tbh

Sonnen did win a WEC tittle fight even if his opponent missed weight. Filho himself sent him the belt and payd the costs FYI
Still, Filho at that point is hardly a top5 win in Sonnen's career. Okami, Marquard and Bisping in their prime were better fighters. Amar Suloev and Shogun Rua have a case to be top5 too

Last edited:
Jones is in the discussion of course.
The fact he has only beat elite competition in a single weightclass - where he enjoys a significant size advantage and has reincident staint for PEDs - while GSP did in 2 and Silva in 3; and his controversial dec wins its what Jones has going against his case imo
And most of his big name wins were against aging greats. So many ways to look at it.

lol you sound heavy on the hate. and you dont really back up what you just said with anything but let's see.

Sonnen got a tittle eliminator by dominating top5 ranked Okami, in an unaired fight in the prelims where there wasnt badmouthing, or talking at all. So placed himself into tittle contention with his skills not his mouth.

Indeed PED can turn an already very good fighter in an elite one, has happened to many others. Besides, do you even remotely acknowledge Sonnen's evolution in his standup skills and also in the ground, particularly since hiring Fabieno "Pega Leve" as BJJ coach or not even close? His passing game and overall ground game did took noticeable steps for anyone with a clue tbh

Sonnen did win a WEC tittle fight even if his opponent missed weight. Filho himself sent him the belt and payd the costs FYI
Still, Filho at that point is hardly a top5 win in Sonnen's career. Okami, Marquard and Bisping in their prime were better fighters. Amar Suloev and Shogun Rua have a case to be top5 too
Uh I don’t hate Sonnen, I actually enjoy his fights and analysis. Everything I said about Sonnen is true. He was never a champion in any major org, it’s ridiculous to rate him above REAL champions like Franklin, sakurai, belfort, griffin.

it’s funny how history changes once a fighter becomes popular to casuals. Nate Diaz has always been a journeyman but once he started talking shit, gaining popularity, and a big win over Conor, he’s somehow considered an elite win that warrants a title shot.

Back