Who is #3 best win of Anderson Silva?

Was he off trt only for that particular fight?

Yeah. Not sure why, it was his return to the UFC and thats what he claimed. His body didn't look like he was on it too so i believe him.

Yeah. Not sure why, it was his return to the UFC and thats what he claimed. His body didn't look like he was on it too so i believe him.

I dont see much difference on his body from that fight to few months after when he destroyed Akiyama.
Hard to believe a long time juicer gets off the juice only for the most important fight of his career

Vitor was on TRT when Silva destroyed him with arguably the best KO in UFC history.
7B2B5846-26DC-438C-82DD-BFFA5A6F2942.jpeg

I dont see much difference on his body from that fight to few months after when he destroyed Akiyama.
Hard to believe a long time juicer gets off the juice only for the most important fight of his career

He looked very different to me.

Its not a matter of opinion that Henderson or Belfort were wins of the highest quality for the time. Or that Marquardt, Franklin, Okami, Maia or Griffin arent at least comparable opposition to Shields, Fitch, Kos, Condit or Alves who stand among best GSPs wins. You could argue which is the better but certainly comparable.
If GSP's competition wasnt of the highest quality to you neither, idk what's the criteria tbh

Sure if you want me to expand I can, after Belfort and Henderson, Anderson's opposition takes a small dip to Maia, followed by a more substantial dip down to Franklin, Chael, Griffin and the rest of them.

The GOAT GSP on the other hand has an easily identifiable list of highly skilled opponents
1. Jake Shields
2. Carlos Condit
3. Johnny Hendricks
4. BJ Penn
5. Matt Hughes
Followed by a small dip down to another tier of top fighters including:
1. Kos
2. Diaz
3. Fitch
4. Alvez
5. Bisping

Bisping is an interesting one because I consider him a second tier fighter here and yet GSP the smaller man finished him when they fought, Anderson on the other hand got out hustled and even dropped by Bisping.

It was a little difficult to find names for Anderson, GSP was a lot easier.

Franklin. Will never forgot this fight, at that time my first ever MMA fight i ever watched. Silva spoiled us.

I'd favour Griffin and Sonnen, and maybe Maia and Okami to beat Franklin but he has a case.
Such a likeable dude and great fighter but pretty overrated in sherdog imo
rich beat okami and would have beat chael. hes a bad match up for grapplers. okamis takedowns werent strong enough and his striking was not on rich's level. chael has the wrstling to get rich down a couple times but not the striking to win on points imo

maia at that time had weak wrestling and would have been flopping all over to an L

he got bested by hendo(arguably won) but hendo is high caliber in other facets of mma like clinching, striking power, heart, cardio, and iq.

Last edited:
From a pure performance perspective and style points, his finishes of Leben and Griffin was pure matrix shit. I think you are right that Nick was the next best fighter he beat, but a win over him a MW means a lot less. Overall I have to say for #3 would be taking the title from Franklin while rearranging his face with some of the most infamous and ruthless knees in the history of the UFC.

rich beat okami and would have beat chael. hes a bad match up for grapplers. okamis takedowns werent strong enough and his striking was not on rich's level. chael has the wrstling to get rich down a couple times but not the striking to win on points imo

maia at that time had weak wrestling and would have been flopping all over to an L

he got bested by hendo(arguably won) but hendo is high caliber in other facets of mma like clinching, striking power, heart, cardio, and iq.

Did you actually see Franklin vs Okami? The striking was even, Franklin barely edged the 1st, 2nd is as 10-10 as you can get, 3rd was not far from 10-8 for Okami with a couple of tight subs.
Considering Silva fought a way improved version of Okami, it doesnt make your point strong.

Sonnen in his prime and on the juice is leagues above Franklin grappling wise. As Silva and Okami exposed when they did get a hold of him. Also Griffin.
Both fought Silva twice and their performances favour Sonnen too

I can still see a case for Franklin as 3rd best win, he was the champion, a very good fighter in his prime and got completely dismantled

Did you actually see Franklin vs Okami? The striking was even, Franklin barely edged the 1st, 2nd is as 10-10 as you can get, 3rd was not far from 10-8 for Okami with a couple of tight subs.
Considering Silva fought a way improved version of Okami, it doesnt make your point strong.

Sonnen in his prime and on the juice is leagues above Franklin grappling wise. As Silva and Okami exposed when they did get a hold of him. Also Griffin.
Both fought Silva twice and their performances favour Sonnen too

I can still see a case for Franklin as 3rd best win, he was the champion, a very good fighter in his prime and got completely dismantled
its been a long time since i seen the fight yeah. i remembered rich winning the stand up. definitley didnt remember okami taking over late. iv also never seen anyone complain about or debate it so i will rewatch it if its on google. also chael was 16 times over the testosterone level for that anderson fight, and never replicated anything resembling that performance again. i dont view chael's skills and strength from that one fight. i could be over valuing rich but he has alot of grapplers under his win colum.

Last edited:
Sure if you want me to expand I can, after Belfort and Henderson, Anderson's opposition takes a small dip to Maia, followed by a more substantial dip down to Franklin, Chael, Griffin and the rest of them.

The GOAT GSP on the other hand has an easily identifiable list of highly skilled opponents
1. Jake Shields
2. Carlos Condit
3. Johnny Hendricks
4. BJ Penn
5. Matt Hughes
Followed by a small dip down to another tier of top fighters including:
1. Kos
2. Diaz
3. Fitch
4. Alvez
5. Bisping

Bisping is an interesting one because I consider him a second tier fighter here and yet GSP the smaller man finished him when they fought, Anderson on the other hand got out hustled and even dropped by Bisping.

It was a little difficult to find names for Anderson, GSP was a lot easier.

Okami, Marquardt or Sakurai dont have name, you call them "the rest" while pretend Kos, Fitch or Alves are just a "small dip down" from Belfort and Henderson. Either clueless or heavily biased, friend.

You place Shields as #1 win for "GOAT GSP"...did you actually watch his fight with Okami not the "name" in fight finder? Audience in attendance booed the decision, how did you score it?

Your casual theory around "names" and "dip downs" probably explain why do you rate Maia a step above "the rest". If you were watching you would know Marquardt was considered a tougher opponent and actually KOed Maia. Okami as well, who dominated the same Muñoz who made Maia dropping to WW....And Silva fought an even more raw version of him.

Thanks for your reply and trying to expand but it was a weak try you have to admit

Last edited:
At no point was Okami a tougher opponent than Belfort or Henderson

I disagree he was the worst style match up for Anderson, more like the opposite. A counterstriker with clinch based TDs actually play into Silva's strenghts. Okami's size was also overstated, wasnt much bigger than Maia and certainly smaller than Franklin or Sonnen, let alone Griffin.

He was a very solid fighter and I guesss he has a case for #3. I agree the way Silva styled on him makes it one of the best performances in his career.

Wrong. Okami was a monster and was definitely better then Vitor and Hendo. I would even argue that Chael was a better victory tuen Hendong and Vitir.

Wrong. Okami was a monster and was definitely better then Vitor and Hendo. I would even argue that Chael was a better victory tuen Hendong and Vitir.
trt vitor is a better fighter than okami bud. as a thunder guy trtvitor folds him. i dont think okami gets over on hendo either but style wise he could

you cant view chaels whole carear like that 1 silva fight he popped being 16 timesover. he never replicated that again.

its been a long time since i seen the fight yeah. i remembered rich winning the stand up. definitley didnt remember okami taking over late. iv also never seen anyone complain about or debate it so i will rewatch it if its on google. also chael was 16 times over the testosterone level for that anderson fight, and never replicated anything resembling that performance again. i dont view chael's skills and strength from that one fight. i could be over valuing him but he has alot of grapplers under his win colum.

I consider Sonnen in his prime the version of him with enhanced conditioning that embraced BJJ under Fabiano "Pega Leve". Thats around the time Silva fought him. Cheating may stain his own legacy but not the feat of beating him, more like the opposite

Sonnen and Franklin have two common opponents during their prime: Silva and Okami. There is no question who did better. Sonnen strenghts got the job done vs notorioustly harder guys to take down than Franklin, who is also highly unlikely could submit him from his back.

Styles make fights though and I can see Franklin doing better with Bisping than Sonnen did, or Chael struggling with Hendo more than Rich did

Well you also said Okami had the perfect skillset on paper to beat Silva. I rebutted. No feed back.
Now you say he was "definitely better than Vitor and Hendo" with nothing to back up such statement but "Okami was a monster"
<{blankeye}>

It's cool though

I consider Sonnen in his prime the version of him with enhanced conditioning that embraced BJJ under Fabiano "Pega Leve". Thats around the time Silva fought him. Cheating may stain his own legacy but not the feat of beating him, more like the opposite

Sonnen and Franklin have two common opponents during their prime: Silva and Okami. There is no question who did better. Sonnen strenghts got the job done vs notorioustly harder guys to take down than Franklin, who is also highly unlikely could submit him from his back.

Styles make fights though and I can see Franklin doing better with Bisping than Sonnen did, or Chael struggling with Hendo more than Rich did
i agree rich would have bested bisping but i just havent seen a grappler get over on rich not named dan henderson. dan could keep rich honest because of his punching power and timing. chael is gonna rush into everything like he always does and i think it gos like the chael/bisping fight just rich getting his hand raised.(like bisping should have). i dont see chael winning the energy battle there or being on top long enough to get the win

Last edited:
I respect your opinion but

i agree rich would have bested bisping but i just havent seen a grappler get over on rich not named dan henderson.

Okami, Silva and Griffin did grapple with Rich and exposed his flaws:

Okami took him down, mounted him, locked tights kimura and guillotine
Silva dismantled him from the clinch.
Griffin took him down 5 times.

Sonnen is a way more skilled wrestler than them

chael is gonna rush into everything like he always does

Thats not really fair, he used to rush into subsmissions. It's highly unlikely Franklin could capitalize on that. He was not an easy guy to put away. How many KO losses does Sonnen have during his prime?

i think it gos like the chael/bisping fight just rich getting his hand raised.(like bisping should have).

Bisping had better TDD and scrambling ability. He would not get outmaneuvered by Silva or Okami as Franklin did in the grappling department. I think Sonnen in his prime is a bad matchup but Rich definitely has a legit chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back