Who irritates you more, ultra conservatives and bleeding heart Liberals?

The PMRC, Jerry Fallwel, religous high horse hypocrite, gay folks are going to hell types used to really piss me off in the 90s. Well, they still do, but they're mostly neutered now.

Today the illiberal, judgmental leftist types are getting under my skin more as I think they're betraying liberal principles.

Exactly that.

The W Bush types were just the worst piece of filth around 2000 til like 2008.

Now the hyperventilating self-loathing left is simply absurd.

centrism =/= reasonability

Arguments to moderation are silly. Although the ignorant/arrogant dichotomy in the American right/left certainly has some reality to it.
centrism isn't always the result of being moderate though. It can be the result of having differing opinions on different policies that fall widely on both sides of the spectrum resulting in an average that falls in the center.

Arguments to moderation are silly. Although the ignorant/arrogant dichotomy in the American right/left certainly has some reality to it.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

I hate liberals

Note that I said liberals, not leftists. The constant conflation of the two pisses me off.

Liberals are on average better educated and more well off. I'll hang with them.

That's not actually true. When the media throws their stats out there, the numbers are juiced to show a narrative by not recognizing that there is a difference between a HS graduate and a HS dropout. They also don't take 2 year degrees or technical programs into account. According to the people that create this narrative my grandma who completed a 3 year nursing school program in the 1950's before working as an RN for 40 years is no more educated than someone that dropped out in the 9th grade.

Self declared liberals and conservatives rank pretty equally in regards to education. When replacing the words liberal and conservative with Democrat and Republican, this is how they stack up.

• More HS dropouts identify as Democrats
  • More Republicans have 2 year degrees, have completed technical programs, or apprenticeships.
  • Traditional 4 year degrees are are pretty close. Clinton won 4 year degree holders in the last election, while Romney won them in the previous election.
  • Far more advanced degree holders identify as being Democrats; however, it has been suggested that this is largely a result of degree selection. Republicans tend to gravitate more toward fields in Business or engineering where advanced degrees aren't necessarily required to earn a decent income. Democrats tend to gravitate toward fields like education or the social sciences where more education is required if one doesn't want to work at Starbucks the rest of their life. This raises an interesting question though. Is my sister who has a masters in social work really more educated than my uncle who has a 4 year degree in civil engineering? Is my former college roommate's psychology degree the equivalent of my marketing degree? I can't ever remember him struggling even once in college. There were times when he would be partying his ass off the last couple years during finals week while I was bogged down with 300 and 400 level courses like statistics, finance, and Business information systems. On paper, he is just as educated as I am despite the fact that his degree was as Micky Mouse as they come.

As far as wealth is concerned. Republicans earn more on average than Democrats, and it's not even close. Also, if you remove multimillionaires in that work in entertainment and professional sports from the equation, the gap significantly widens.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the 2?
Leftists are authoritarian, minus the government bit, while liberals are more live and let live. At least that's how I see it.

Leftists are authoritarian, minus the government bit, while liberals are more live and let live. At least that's how I see it.

This confuses me... The other guy said he HATED liberals. So he hates people who want to live and let live?

That's not actually true. When the media throws their stats out there, the numbers are juiced to show a narrative by not recognizing that there is a difference between a HS graduate and a HS dropout. They also don't take 2 year degrees or technical programs into account. According to the people that create this narrative my grandma who was a registered nurse is no more educated than someone that dropped out in the 9th grade.

Self declared liberals and conservatives rank pretty equally in regards to education. When replacing the words liberal and conservative with Democrat and Republican, this is how they stack up.

• More HS dropouts identify as Democrats
  • More Republicans have 2 year degrees, have completed technical programs, or apprenticeships.
  • Traditional 4 year degrees are are pretty close. Clinton won 4 year degree holders in the last election, while Romney won them in the previous election.
  • Far more advanced degree holders identify as being Democrats; however, it has been suggested that this is largely a result of degree selection. Republicans tend to gravitate more toward fields in Business or engineering where advanced degrees aren't necessarily required to earn a decent income. Democrats tend to gravitate toward fields like education or the social sciences where more education is required if one doesn't want to work at Starbucks the rest of their life. This raises an interesting question though. Is my sister who has a masters in social work really more educated than my uncle who has a degree in civil engineering? Is my former college roommate's psychology degree the equivalent of my marketing degree? I can't ever remember him struggling even once in college. There were times when he would be partying his ass off the last couple years during finals week while I was bogged down with 300 and 400 level courses like statistics, finance, and Business information systems. On paper, he is just as educated as I am despite the fact that his degree was as Micky Mouse as they come.

As far as wealth is concerned. Republicans earn more on average than Democrats, and it's not even close. Also, if you remove multimillionaires in that work in entertainment and professional sports from the equation, the gap significantly widens.

This post is a joke... An absolute joke

Since the thread pits ultra conservatives versus bleeding heart liberals, the ultra conservatives are way more irritating. I can't stand science denying bible thumpers.

It would be a tougher choice if we were talking the far right versus the far left. Those two groups are exactly the same and don't realize it.

Wrong. I'll get around to a more lengthy response, but as a quick counter-example, I'd point to Anarchism as a radically anti-authoritarian leftist ideology

This confuses me... The other guy said he HATED liberals. So he hates people who want to live and let live?

HOLD YOUR TITS!

I'd just started responding to your first post when I got this alert, lol

This post is a joke... An absolute joke

Prove me wrong......

You can't because everything I just posted is backed by a butt-load of empirical data. You see the world how you want it to be instead of how it actually is. That is the problem with people like YOU.

Wrong. I'll get around to a more lengthy response, but as a quick counter-example, I'd point to Anarchism as a radically anti-authoritarian leftist ideology

HOLD YOUR TITS!

I'd just started responding to your first post when I got this alert, lol
I'll patiently hold my tits while waiting for your response. Although the standard "agree with us or we'll have you fired" leftist mo sounds authoritarian to me. Minus the government bit, as I said in my original response.

Prove me wrong......

You can't because everything I just posted is backed by a butt-load of empirical data. You see the world how you want it to be instead of how it actually is. That is the problem with people like YOU.

HAHAHAHA. This guy is hilarious.

Your post was nonsense because most of the numbers you claim are negligible. A simple google search shows

In 2014, the median income of households in Democratic districts was higher than in Republican districts, $53,358 to $51,834. Democrats represent seven of the 10 most affluent districts, measured by household income (four in California, two in Virginia and one in New York)

Who cares about a freaking 2 year degree lol. That is like a HS diploma nowadays.

Liberals are smarter - http://theconversation.com/do-smart...oesnt-mean-all-conservatives-are-stupid-57713

Stats are ya know... Stats

Back