Who has the better stand up, Mcgregor or Aldo?

Aldo is a mediocre striker. Only reason he looks so good is that he hasn't fought any elite strikers.

Aldo is all around better striker, I don't know why this needs to be said. Conor hasn't even fought a pure striker in his own. Unless you think Dustin P is a good striker ahah

Aldo is gonna wreck Conor. I'm so happy Conor got the title shot finally get to see him get beat up.

Aldo is gonna wreck Conor. I'm so happy Conor got the title shot finally get to see him get beat up.

It really had to be. I don't think most of us could take another year of this.

Do people realize Aldo is in that stratosphere with Anderson, Fedor, Gsp, Jones??

McGregor has YEARS to even be compared. He really hasn't done anything compared to the guys listed above. Saying Conor is a better striker based off what exactly? From the footage we've seen you can't come to any other conclusion than Aldo.

Apples and oranges. It will take years for McGregor's legacy to be compared to Aldo's, if ever.

But who has the better stand up is a question which can be answered here and now, and likely will be in May in Dublin.

Aldo.

McGregor will be a loose cannon early on Aldo will nullify his offense then Aldo will establish the threat of the takedown as the fight goes then Aldo will finish McGregor probably by choke. McGregor will look sharp early, but he will get wore down by Aldo's leg kicks and gas later in the fight.

Apples and oranges. It will take years for McGregor's legacy to be compared to Aldo's, if ever.

But who has the better stand up is a question which can be answered here and now, and likely will be in May in Dublin.

Even if they fight it will be mma so you cant really say who is better striking.

I would say Edgar is a better striker when it comes to head movement and footwork by far, but McGregor is more fluid, Aldo will kick his body and his head clean off.

Have you not seen the Holloway fight? lol Conor isn't a straight up brawler who swings for the stands and gasses easily, he has power in his hands with a nice reach and knows when to throw the attacks he has in his arsenal. He's always calm when throwing his strikes, just look at the punch he TKO'd Brandao with. Patience is the key and Conor knows this, we won't see him gas any time soon

the Holloway fight was 3 rounds and i think its the only time Conor has gone that long in a fight. The Aldo fight will be 5 rounds. I think Conor will be tough for the first couple rounds but the longer the fight goes, the worse for Conor.

who is better?? :confused:

The other guy... It's hilarious people think Aldo is the better striker. Does anyone on here know how to come to unbiased conclusions. It's even more hilarious that people think Jones is going to wreck DC. Thank god we only have to wait one more day for them to see the light.

the Holloway fight was 3 rounds and i think its the only time Conor has gone that long in a fight. The Aldo fight will be 5 rounds. I think Conor will be tough for the first couple rounds but the longer the fight goes, the worse for Conor.

Interesting, because the exact same could be said about Aldo.

Aldo with out question. Poor Conor's gonna get wrecked IF he fights the champ.

Interesting, because the exact same could be said about Aldo.

No it cant. Aldo has been in a lot of 5 round fights. The farthest in a fight Conor has gone as been 3 rounds and hes only done that once.

I know what you are getting at but I think Aldo will have the advantage the longer the fight goes considering his experience in longer fights. Also, Aldo doesn't always slow down in the 5th round, his last fight with Mendes is proof of that.

The hell are you on about? Where is your justification for this?

None.

Here is my opinion how it'll be between rounds:

vM9GB3.gif

No it cant. Aldo has been in a lot of 5 round fights. The farthest in a fight Conor has gone as been 3 rounds and hes only done that once.

I know what you are getting at but I think Aldo will have the advantage the longer the fight goes considering his experience in longer fights. Also, Aldo doesn't always slow down in the 5th round, his last fight with Mendes is proof of that.

And Aldo has shown he looks absolutely terrible after the 3rd round.

Aldo is technically far superior to conor. Conor is unorthodox and unpredictable but aldo is the classier fighter

Back