Who has the better stand up, Mcgregor or Aldo?

Aldo of course, the legkicks from hell

The Goat will make Aldo look like a novice in striking.

Lol the McGregor thing is out of control. I can't believe some actually considers making such comparison.

i honestly dont think mcgregors boxing is even the best at fw much less in mma frankies boxing is way cleaner he just doesnt have the reach advantage mcgregor does and still manages to thoroughly box guys up.

Height will play no difference Aldo has been there done that.

Mcboogernites please go watch some tape of the two and see how much faster, crisper Aldo is with his hands and feet compared to connor.

Aldo beats him on the feet and on the ground no doubt in my mind.

Height will play no difference Aldo has been there done that.

Mcboogernites please go watch some tape of the two and see how much faster, crisper Aldo is with his hands and feet compared to connor.

Aldo beats him on the feet and on the ground no doubt in my mind.

Lets be honest, the ground is unknown to us. I imagine Gunner would snap Aldo in half on the ground so there is no way of knowing who's better on the ground.

I agree with you about the speed. I think Mcgregor is seriously fast but Aldo still shades it. Saying that, he clearly gases and fast at that.

Aldo's striking mainly looks good against wreslters, although he has very solid fundamentals all round.

McGregor's is better.

aldo has beat world class strikers so im going to have assume he is better just based off accomplishments, but the movement i see from connor is more cutting edge in todays landscape he uses more angles, so i guess im saying connors potential as a striker is the roof.

Aldo is in a different time zone, stand up wise. Conor hopefully gets exposed vs Siver.

aldo has beat world class strikers so im going to have assume he is better just based off accomplishments, but the movement i see from connor is more cutting edge in todays landscape he uses more angles, so i guess im saying connors potential as a striker is the roof.

True, he uses great angles and in MMA this is really interesting. I really like the shots he throws too, always seems to be the right shot.

Both fighters timing is amazing as well.

Aldo this isn't even a question.

And im glad Conor is getting a title shot. Not that I think he is the number one contender, I want it to be Aldo beating the "goat"..how appropriate.

Long rangey striker,who could punish Aldo

Would be great standup fight.But if Conor leads with his chin like he did against Poirer i could see Aldo switching his lights off

That said Conor via taking aldos head clean off

It is pretty comical watching Sonnen 2.0 move up the ranking while idle. The power of groupthink is strong.

It is pretty comical watching Sonnen 2.0 move up the ranking while idle. The power of groupthink is strong.

Did you know that Siver is an incredible elite fighter, easily top 2 in this weight class so if GOAT beats him, he'll be top 3 P4P?

I think Aldo's technique is crisper, he has deadly leg kicks and i think hes more exsplosive, the only real down side to Aldo is his work rate and gas tank.
Conor is really good at judging distance and has great timing, he also has a high work rate, he has a 2" height advantage and a 4" reach advantage.
Although i think Aldo is clear favourite, he does coast quite a bit, looks deadly when he attacks but i feel he saves his energy as scared of gassing, i think this fight will be closer than people think, I can see Conor doing more work and pressing forward winning the rounds, I dont see Aldo out working him, think its going to come down to how Conor reacts when Aldo attacks and if he can block or take the Leg kicks.

Back