Who has the better stand up, Mcgregor or Aldo?

No. Aldo is definitely not along the goats (Fedor, GSP, Silva).

Conor is a better striker based on his flawless performances, while Aldo takes a lot of punishment from guys who have limited standup skills (Mendez and esp. Lamas).

I think everybody agrees that Aldo is far more proven than Conor, and that's what you are basically trying to say, but proven doesn't mean better in any way.

According to your logic, underdogs will never win fights. And I don't think that McGregor will be that big of an underdog. In fact I will not be surprised if the odds are equal (given that Conor finish Siver in the first).

Aldo was among the GOATs right up until people found someone they wanted to beat him.

Aldo has much better striking. Just look at the combos he puts together. Aldo by leg clean off or corner stoppage.

Gunnar is probably the best pure grappling guy (save for Werdum) in all of the UFC. He definitely CAN! Why do you lol?

He beat Monson at the ADCC championships.

No. Aldo is definitely not along the goats (Fedor, GSP, Silva).

Conor is a better striker based on his flawless performances, while Aldo takes a lot of punishment from guys who have limited standup skills (Mendez and esp. Lamas).

I think everybody agrees that Aldo is far more proven than Conor, and that's what you are basically trying to say, but proven doesn't mean better in any way.

According to your logic, underdogs will never win fights. And I don't think that McGregor will be that big of an underdog. In fact I will not be surprised if the odds are equal (given that Conor finish Siver in the first).

Aldo is up there dude lol what are you smoking? He's not lost in the UFC and has ruled his division! He's out classed many fighters and shut the other A level fighters down.

He gets cut and dropped in one fight and now he's the king of taking damage?

You arguments are not very convincing my friend!

There's no need to be so upset about him getting the shot guys, he's been on a tear and most importantly hasn't already lost to Aldo, whereas everyone else in the top 5 has.

Sure, his persona is helping his career, I don't see the problem.

Aldo's manager said they are very open to fighting Conor in a big match. I wonder why. If Aldo as any ppv points in his contract, he should appreciate conor's draw, just like anderson silva should of and probably really appreciated Chael's draw.

I wonder how much money Chael helped Anderson make with ppv points.

McGregor is vastly superior, though Aldo has the fundamentals about as perfected as humanly possible.

I'll always favor a guy with a boxing base over a MT base. As this sport evolves, boxing will become more and more important. Boxers have a unique understanding of how to fight in the pocket because boxing is the most evolved of all combat sports.

It's an interesting match up because Aldo's best weapon isn't leg kicks, it's the jab. His jab will be negated because Conor is a southpaw who can control distance.

I give power, range, punches, footwork to McGOAT
Timing, counter, kicks, technique to Aldo. It's quite even if they fought but the power of McGoat and grappling of Aldo might decide the victor of the fight.

Aldo has been very hittable lately and Conor has special power. Watch how guys like Brimage, Holloway and Poirier wilted when they felt that power.

Said in many threads many times over. It's just too soon and I think the UFC will regret sending him out to get his legs brutalised in Dublin. Aldo is as legit as it comes.

Said in many threads many times over. It's just too soon and I think the UFC will regret sending him out to get his legs brutalised in Dublin. Aldo is as legit as it comes.

How much can they regret it, really? Aldo isn't the only guy who will beat him but he is the one that will sell best.

You must be new to MMA, welcome to the community.

Whilst I don't agree with the person in thinking that bringing up Nelson against Aldo is at all relevant we simply do not know if his ground game is bad. We can AT LEAST say it is above average. He has 100% TDD, and controlled Holloway on the ground and reversed Brandao on a takedown.

Reversal against Diego Brandao (GFY):

Wrestling control against Max Holloway (GIFs):

yNPZM5.gif

y4ZArn.gif

vVVw7x.gif

y3OkD4.gif

Untested does not equal poor.

That would be like me assuming Jon Jones has a terrible guard, even though we almost never see him from his back. For all we know Jon Jones could have one of the best guards, and Conor might be able to take down Edgar or stuff all of his takedowns. Who can say without it being known?

By stand up, are we talking with words? Or with fists?..

Back