Who has the Best Boxing in the UFC?

When it comes to MMA, the individual parts of Machida's style that you can call boxing are pretty good. Counters, technique, accuracy, his defence is his elusiveness and karate movements as opposed to just boxing defence. He was in the pocket plenty vs. Weidman and won most of those exchanges.

Judging purely on boxing form he's average and that's being nice.

He's an amazing karateka but boxing isn't one of his strenghts.

giphy.gif

mcgregorexchange1.gif

This is how to beat Conor - Bite down on the mouth piece, pressure him and get in his face!!!

Jds' boxing is subpar at best. There's a difference between having good boxing and having speed and power. Jds has speed and power and prefers to throw punches, but boxing technique......not so much. He absorbs too much damage to be the best boxer in MMA.

Mcgregor, Gus and Aldo IMO and in that order too. I don't know enough about the roster to be certain tho.

Dias and Frankie look good too and BJ Penn was a good boxer in his day.

No JDS, Lawler or Anderson

Last edited:
Mcgregor, Gus and Aldo IMO and in that order too. I don't enough about the roster to be certain tho.

I always felt andersons striking was too unorthodox to be considered boxing for the most part. He has amazing movement but his Striking game contains a little bit of everything

Jds' boxing is subpar at best. There's a difference between having good boxing and having speed and power. Jds has speed and power and prefers to throw punches, but boxing technique......not so much. He absorbs too much damage to be the best boxer in MMA.

The only fighter to really tag him over and over again is Cain, and Cain did it by pressuring with TD attempts mixed with huge barrages of strikes. Even in their third fight Cain got cracked multiple times when he stopped pressuring and stood in the center with Junior.

Last edited:
Hes not, originally there was more to it at the end that implied doing that gets you rekt. think he edited it out for a little fun.

ya was just taking the piss out of Kenny Flors commentary of the fight and and took out the part where I said "and gets sparked out" for fun.

Mcgregor, Gus and Aldo IMO and in that order too. I don't enough about the roster to be certain tho.

McGregor's head movement is lacking, his hands are too low and he often gets cracked with counter shots by guys who don't have very good hands because of these defensive weaknesses.

Gus's boxing is good for the most part but he tends to leave himself open when he's moving forward, that's how Shogun caught him with Overhands.

Aldo's defense is great and he has a nasty jab and good counters, but he tends to overextend himself on too many of his punches.

Diaz is slow on his feet and generally leaves himself open too often. Frankie also leaves himself open and would have gotten KO'd several times if not for his ability to recover (same goes for Diaz, really).

Prime Anderson has the best overall defense, accuracy, great feints, great timing, a great jab and is excellent at setting his punches up, I personally have him as the best boxer in mma history.

Mousasi getting no love. In a 12 round boxing match Mousasi>anyone 205 or below

Prime Anderson has the best overall defense, accuracy, great feints, great timing, a great jab and is excellent at setting his punches up, I personally have him as the best boxer in mma history.

Gotta disagree. Quality unorthadox MT fighter. Middling boxer. Yes, he had a matrix moment with Forrest. That's great. His best finishes are knees and kicks.

Diaz style is pretty standard phenomenon to boxing fans. There are many types of boxers, and he is a pressure volume striker.

Gomi, Noons, Hendricks, Smith, Lytle, Denny, Zarom, etc... all outboxed by Diaz.

McGregor has some of the best box in the UFC. Way better than JDS or Aldo.

He paries punches, rolls his shoulder, goes to the body, slips punches, counters. Great straight punches, great power, great uppercuts, even throws some Kid Gavilan like punches. Overall very complete defensively and offensively.

Everything you mentioned there, save for the bolo punch, is a part of Aldos game.

Gotta disagree. Quality unorthadox MT fighter. Middling boxer. Yes, he had a matrix moment with Forrest. That's great. His best finishes are knees and kicks.

Diaz style is pretty standard phenomenon to boxing fans. There are many types of boxers, and he is a pressure volume striker.

Gomi, Noons, Hendricks, Smith, Denny, Zom, etc... all outboxed by Diaz.

Diaz is my boy but he aint a boxer lol pressure fighter/volume striker all day but almost every single punch he throws is a cardinal sin as far as 'boxing' technique is concerned.

Back