Who has the Best Boxing in the UFC?

Nick has this nasty habbit of standing straight forward and looping lefts or digging to the body. See that going badly for him.

I must say though that Nick works the body like more mma fighters should. That, imo, is his best boxing attribute.

It is great to watch. Also, Anderson is right handed and just fights southpaw so I can see what you're getting at with right straight counter, he has tons of power in that hand.

Im gonna put it out there, diaz beats silva with boxing due to silvas horse crap defence.leg kicks have to be andersons no 1 tool in this fight, but how confident he is with them remains to be seen.not to mention diaz doesnt have to worry a out the wrestle.

silva likes to slip, but doubling up punchs is a great tool against this(watch cw v silva)which i think diaz is very good at.of couse silvas a legend and his record speaks for itself, and should be more then enough to have him go into this match as favourite.but dont sleep on diaz.

Im gonna put it out there, diaz beats silva with boxing due to silvas horse crap defence.leg kicks have to be andersons no 1 tool in this fight, but how confident he is with them remains to be seen.not to mention diaz doesnt have to worry a out the wrestle.

silva likes to slip, but doubling up punchs is a great tool against this(watch cw v silva)which i think diaz is very good at.of couse silvas a legend and his record speaks for itself, and should be more then enough to have him go into this match as favourite.but dont sleep on diaz.

Weidman caught Silva when he stopped moving his feet, whenever Anderson was mobile Weidman had a difficult time hitting him.

SeriousUncomfortableAmericantoad.gif

Vitor tried doubling up on his punches against Silva and still couldn't land them.

Weidman caught Silva when he stopped moving his feet, whenever Anderson was mobile Weidman had a difficult time hitting him.

SeriousUncomfortableAmericantoad.gif

Vitor tried doubling up on his punches against Silva and still couldn't land them.

Yeah the difference is fairly simple. Silva stood square - Which is the most basic no no in striking. You're essentially committing stand-up suicide because you can only move your upper body.

Versus Vitor he opened his stance so he could pivot and avoid the strikes. If he stood square he would have been knocked out in that fight too.

Yeah the difference is fairly simple. Silva stood square - Which is the most basic no no in striking. You're essentially committing stand-up suicide because you can only move your upper body.

Versus Vitor he opened his stance so he could pivot and avoid the strikes. If he stood square he would have been knocked out in that fight too.

I know that. His stance squaring up was also due to him not moving his feet when he should have, had he just taken another step back he may not have been floored.

My point was that he was avoiding most of Weidman's strikes when he was actually moving his feet. Most of the times Weidman caught him were when he planted himself and tried to rely solely on upper body movement to save him.

The final combo that floors him is a prime example of that.

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

Notice how Anderson's feet are planted when Weidman lands the first left hook, then Anderson starts moving his feet and Weidman's punches only graze him, then Anderson plants himself again with his feet parallel and Weidman catches him cleanly again (this time knocking him down, obviously).

His defense was better overall in the fight with Vitor. His stance was better, he was keeping his hands up and parrying Vitor's punches, and he was moving his feet much better.

Last edited:
Conor for sure. Never seen such perfect display in the octagon before.

JDS because boxing is the only thing he uses and he's gone to the very top with it.

oh man i cant wait for him to get into the octagon with rumble tommorow, gunna be such a good fight.

fc141agustkovmat_medium.gif

Beautiful counter of his against overaggression. Rumble will go down like this if he tries to end it in less than a minute into the fight. JUST FUCKING LOOK AT THAT... Nobody but Anderson,and Machida compare to this. Counter punching savants >:). That right there is the best boxer in the UFC.

fc141agustkovmat_medium.gif

Beautiful counter of his against overaggression. Rumble will go down like this if he tries to end it in less than a minute into the fight. JUST FUCKING LOOK AT THAT... Nobody but Anderson,and Machida compare to this. Counter punching savants >:). That right there is the best boxer in the UFC.

Humble'd by rumble.

Bobby Green has awesome boxing, terribly underrated.

Back