Who has the Best Boxing in the UFC?

McGregor has some of the best box in the UFC. Way better than JDS or Aldo.

He paries punches, rolls his shoulder, goes to the body, slips punches, counters. Great straight punches, great power, great uppercuts, even throws some Kid Gavilan like punches. Overall very complete defensively and offensively.

giphy.gif

mcgregorexchange1.gif

Nobody in the UFC really has elite pure boxing. The best today though would probably be Gustafsson, McGregor, Maybe Anderson - While Diaz isn't technically the best his output and style potentially translates to boxing better than anybody in the UFC & would likely be the most successful.

McGregor has some of the best box in the UFC. Way better than JDS or Aldo.

He paries punches, rolls his shoulder, goes to the body, slips punches, counters. Great straight punches, great power, great uppercuts, even throws some Kid Gavilan like punches. Overall very complete defensively and offensively.

JDS does all of that too, one of his biggest weapons is his body jab and his body work is a big reason Stipe gassed so hard in their fight. Conor's head movement is lacking at times and he leaves his hands too low often resulting in him eating clean counter punches.

JDS outboxed Mark Hunt and Stipe, which is better than anything Conor has done.

If this was a few years ago I'd say Anderson's boxing is the best (prime Silva is the best boxer in MMA history), but he's old now, I'll have to see him fight again to make my judgement for today's mma.

Aldo, JDS, Edgar, Lawler

Edit: Cruz too

Last edited:
Frankie's boxing is a bit overrated, there's a lot of wasted movement with his style and he gets dropped by half the people he fights.

The correct answer is Forrest Griffin.

Even Roy Jones respects his hands....

JDS does all of that too, one of his biggest weapons is his body jab and his body work is a big reason Stipe gassed so hard in their fight. Conor's head movement is lacking at times and he leaves his hands too low often resulting in him eating clean counter punches.

JDS outboxed Mark Hunt and Stipe, which is better than anything Conor has done.

If this was a few years ago I'd say Anderson's boxing is the best (prime Silva is the best boxer in MMA history), but he's old now, I'll have to see him fight again to make my judgement for today's mma.

Be real. Neither of them move their heads. I love JDS but dude fucking devours punches.

who was that team alpha male guy who debuted a few weeks ago, he's all tatted up? Forget his name but they said he was like 32-0 or somethign as an amateur boxer and he showed real nice skills with his striking in his first ufc fight.

Anderson, JDS, Gustafsson, Robbie Lawler, Aldo immediately come to mind

I disagree with JDS being mentioned. While Juniors offensive boxing is good for MMA, his defence is pretty atrocious. He's not a good counter fighter at all, his defence isn't great (but he's tough) and worst of all he never circles away he always backs straight up.

Lawler as well, while his KO/TKO rate is impressive and his boxing looks good his actual technique is so poor. he's all arm, doesn't put anything else behind his punches, he's just throwing them with his arms.

The two guys that impress me the most with their boxing/fists is Anderson and Lyoto. two accurate guys, great at counters and slips, smart defence, great jabs on both of them. Great at finding range, great technique.

KJ Noons and Fabio Maldonado both have boxing backgrounds. Clint Hester has pretty tight boxing as well if I remember correctly

Be real. Neither of them move their heads. I love JDS but dude fucking devours punches.

JDS's head movement is good, many of his most damaging punches are counters from slips.

2qs9zrd.jpg

JDS slips Yvel's 1-2 and lands a body jab, Yvel gets hurt and tries to stand up straight but leaves his hands low, opening him for Junior's left hook.

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

JDS ducks under Stipe's right cross and knocks him down with a left hook.

who was that team alpha male guy who debuted a few weeks ago, he's all tatted up? Forget his name but they said he was like 32-0 or somethign as an amateur boxer and he showed real nice skills with his striking in his first ufc fight.

Cody Garbrandt. He looked legit! Great exciting addition to the weight class.

Anderson, Gus, TJ & Conor.

Conor being the most complete both on the offense and on the back foot. Swanson is good as well, though he tends to freeze a bit under pressure. Aldo's one of the best as well.

Where is Hester?

What amazes me about modern MMA is how few guys are taught the proper technique to throwing a punch or counters, slips, head movement. Thats all things that cross over to MMA very well.

Back