Who do you rank higher? AJ MCKEE OR VOLKANOVSKI

We have no idea how AJ looks against UFC level talent in general. There’s no way to know.

AJ McKee is the goat. The UFC( U Fight Cheap) casuals need to stop being deceived by Dana that the UFC champions stand a chance against their Bellator counterparts.

This guys all kinds of butthurt

Volkanovski lost to Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson lost to Anton Zafir, who lost to Li Jiangliang "the leech"

the leech lost to neil magny

neil magny lost to RDA

RDA lost to Tibau

Tibau lost to melvin guillard

melvin guillard lost to derrick campos

.... AJ Mckee beat derrick campos.

AJ Mckee > Volkanovski

According to sherdog, everytime Volk kicks a divisional GOATs ass, one more person gets unofficially better than him. Zabit, Cejudo, Holloway, Ortega, Yair, Aldo, whos up next, Giga?
If he beats Zabit he’s FW GOAT

Volkanovski lost to Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson lost to Anton Zafir, who lost to Li Jiangliang "the leech"

the leech lost to neil magny

neil magny lost to RDA

RDA lost to Tibau

Tibau lost to melvin guillard

melvin guillard lost to derrick campos

.... AJ Mckee beat derrick campos.

<WellThere>

Volkanovski has a bland personality and a very deliberate, no nonsense fighting style. To me, that means there's no bullshit hype surrounding him.

Volkanovski has a better resume at this point obviously
But I’m so drunk on the limitless potential of Aj , I think this kid is an assassin, I would buy stock in him if I could

Rankings are (or should be) based upon accomplishments...not potential, not skill sets, and certainly not on hypothetical head-to-head matchups...so Volkanovski should be ranked higher than McKee and that should not be controversial in the least.

Mendes, Aldo, Max (twice) and Ortega...that *eclipses* the list of guys McKee has beaten thus far. Besides maybe Patricio, who among McKee's victims even warrants comparison to any of those guys?

It can be fun to debate who is better between champs in different orgs...but until someone makes the step up to the big UFC stage and keep winning against the top guys, it is all hypothetical fluff, IMHO.

I rate Volkanovski higher but McKee is a legit top talent. If they fought I think Volk's wrestling would carry him through it, especially considering how he was able to handle Ortega on the ground.

Classic @Dreyga2000 thread that is lowkey meant to be controversial and piss people off lol

Not hating at all, it's hilarious... and he will pretend like he has clue what I'm talking about

If the premise is controversial maybe it should be addressed.

Although I don't think acknowledging that other promotions have elite talent should be considered controversial.

AJ’s win over Pitbull is better than any of Volks wins. That being said I would pick Volk to beat AJ.

Volk
Aldo, Max x2, Ortega, Mendes with his only loss being at WW in his 4th fight.

Mckee
Pitbull, Caldwell, Curran with no losses

Pitbull would get murked by the Aldo and Max that Volk beat.

Mckee is great, but he still doesn't have the resume to be mentioned as a FW great. Imagine him fighting at WW....

1. Max Holloway
2. AJ McKee
3. Patricio Freire
4. Alexander Volkanovski
5. Giga Chikadze
6. Arnold Allen
7. Ilia Topuria

After Volkanovski and Holloway fought to a virtual draw, Holloway put on the most impressive performance in the history of the division when he landed 445 significant strikes on Kattar. Volkanovski went on to outstrike Ortega, but he got caught in multiple submissions and was very nearly finished.

Back