How would you rank these fighters in order - Jose Aldo, Khabib, Izzy, DC, Mighty Mouse, Alexander Volkanovski?

DC - Won and defended belts in two divisions, only two losses on his record one of which he has a win over and the other is the LHW GOAT / drug cheat.
MM - Greatest in his division, lot of dominance, probably the best highlight reel, went on to have great success in another major promotion. Like DC has respectable losses, worse being a KO loss later in his career which he avenged.
Aldo - Again like MM I'd consider him the greatest in his division. Most title defenses, success in two divisions.
Izzy - 2nd greatest in his division, pretty stacked resume.
Volk - At this stage I'd have him just behind Aldo in all time divisional rankings. If he can continue to rack up wins he'll surpass Aldo, an unpopular opinion but I don't have him there just yet.
Khabib - Easily the most dominant out of the list and without a doubt the greatest in his division, however he lacks names on his resume compared to the rest & his dominance at the top was short lived. He didn't take on as many challenges as the rest.

Last edited:
Stephens was ranked #5 and on a 3 fight win streak. If he would’ve beaten Aldo, he would’ve fought for the belt.

Moicano was also ranked #5 and 5-1 in his last 6, also looking to fight for the title with win over Aldo.

Stephens and Moicano are better fighters than Gamburyan and Hominick, they are around Lamas level. The fact that Aldo finished them both, proves that he was very much still the same fighter.

You skipped my LHW comparison and you know why. I’ll make a new one for you:

Let’s say runner A, wins 100m dash world title 9 years in a row with his personal best of 9.9

Than comes along runner B beating him 2 times with the time of 9.7

Then runner C beats both runners A and B, sets the world record at 9.5 and wins 5 world titles.

Who’s the GOAT?;)
Oh I don’t really follow running as a sport, I’m probably not the best person to ask ;)

Seriously though, the real answer is that there isn’t enough information or context provided to make that determination. This is exactly the same problem you always run into when you rank fighters as well; I am pretty sure I said this the very first time we ever interacted here, and nothing has really changed. You think that if someone has a few title defenses and happens to beat the former champ when former champ is past it, they become GOAT. And hot damn, if they also happen to beat a 2nd fighter who beat the former champ when the former champ was past it, that solidifies it for you lol.

So tell me more about how you ranked your list. I assume they are in order of number of Instagram followers, or maybe who did the best Tik Tok dances?

Last edited:
Damn you guys hate DC

<36>

Jose Aldo
Alexander Volkanovski
Mighty Mouse
Izzy
Khabib
DC

Damn you guys hate DC

<36>
I don’t, I ranked him above Izzy and Volk. Has an argument for being above Khabib too, but I didn’t go that far.

1- Mighty Mouse won 12 UFC title fights, won OneFC tournament, won and defended OneFC title.

2- Jose Aldo 11 or 12 total title fight wins, UFC and WEC champ, extremely dominant for about a decade.
26-1 start to his career. Continued to have success even without his best weapons.

3- Volk - champ in a tough competitive era. 26-1 start to his career.

4- Izzy - 6-3 in title fights, not too shabby, 2nd best MW of all time. He could climb higher if he gets the belt back.

5- Khabib. Had the tools to be #1 P4P goat but lacks the longevity and teats that go along with that. But was without question the best in the world in his prime, arguably one if the most dominant fighters in terms of his ability to dominant elite fighters.

6- DC great career but he was on the losing side of his 2 biggest rivalries leaving the argument open that he was never truly the best in the world at either weight class. There will always be a "what if" factor regarding IF he might have beaten Jon if Jon was clean.
We will never know.
Shameless UFC shill.
If DC was undisputed in two separate weight classes simultaneously, that means that he was the best in the world at 2 separate weight classes, and he defended both titles. The title he lost at LHW was given back to him due to PED use. Not his fault the way stuff plays out. He's also a midget compared to titans and he still whoops their asses...

Do you actually watch MMA? Lol Get outta here with that nonsense…hahaha
No I actually dont. The 2 yrs ive spent in this forum has been mostly devoted to marathons of Katamari Damacy

Khabib is weird because he is by far the most DOMINANT fighter in ufc history. No one was even close to him competitively and the gap between him and challengers was widening when he retired. I don’t believe we ever got to see him at his best. I do believe he is the best fighter to ever compete in the ufc. However, he doesn’t have the accolades and accomplishments that most peoples GOAT candidates have and thus I can’t consider him the most accomplished regardless of his undefeated record and pure dominance.

So in terms of accomplishments go I would order them as such.

Aldo
MM
Volk
DC
Izzy
Khabib

Back