Who disposed of Lesnar more Impressively, Velasquez or Overeem?

Cain dominated Brock when everyone thought he was unstoppable..no question it's Cain

Cain dominated Brock when everyone thought he was unstoppable..no question it's Cain

Brock's aura was gone after the Carwin fight. Brock only won that fight because Carwin has the worst cardio in the UFC, and he has never heard the phrase "pick your shots". No doubt Cain produced the better .gif, but Brock seriously injured Cain's shoulder, leading to surgery and a long road to recovery. Many have argued that the ring rust Cain exhibited in the 1st JDS fight is what caused him to lose his belt (not that I necessarily agree). The only damage Overeem took is a superficial cut over his eye, so I pick Overeem.

Velasquez, Lesnar was clearly just fighting for money against Overeem i mean why would he just stand in front of a K1 level kickboxer and only shoot 1 half hearted takedown? he looked like shit in that fight!

Yeah, both we're dominate performances and very impressive to watch, but ever since that Cain fight I haven't been able to get that moment of Brock going in circles out of my head.

That fight also gave us some great gifs and shoops.

2nkigc9.gif

Amazing how the internet allows you to anonymously make fun of someone who could literally beat you to death with his bare hands lol

Overeem said he was going to make Brock retire and send him back to the WWE. He did just that.

cain..

it was hard to watch

Amazing how the internet allows you to anonymously make fun of someone who could literally beat you to death with his bare hands lol

Well, I'm certainly not making fun of Brock, but it is a great shoop.

I'm going to say Velasquez because he made Lesnar breakdance in the octagon. And Lesnar seemed to be trying in the Velasquez fight... no clue what his strategy was vs Overeem, he just stood there and took shots

divertuculatis is a bitch

Brock was able to take Cain down.
Brock could not even come close to taking Overeem down.

Brock landed multiple strikes and knees on Cain
Brock only landed one strike on Overeem.

Brock was able to hold Cain against the fence
Brock backed away from Overeem like Godzilla was coming after him then Overeem pushed Brock up against the cage.

Overeem made Brock look like he didnt even belong in the octagon. Overeem all day.

I'm saying Cain, but it's close.

I say that because he beat Brock at his own game, wrestling.

Velasquez, Lesnar was clearly just fighting for money against Overeem i mean why would he just stand in front of a K1 level kickboxer and only shoot 1 half hearted takedown? he looked like shit in that fight!

What else could Brock do but take a beating. He couldnt take Overeem down so he had to eat shots. :icon_chee

I have a serious question. I'm no med student, but why do people keep mentioning his disease? What particularly, after the surgeries, affected him? Does it have lingering symptoms?

Because they think it discredits Overeem.

Overeem, by a mile. Look at Lesnar during the weigh-ins. Dog psychology. He knew he was nowhere near the alpha-male between those two and you could spread his stench of fear with a butter knife, it was so thick. This isn't a dig against Lesnar, because I think he disposes of 95% of the other heavyweights out there. I just think that when it came to Overeem, Brock lost because he knew he was fighting a bigger, stronger guy that can hit hard enough to KO a fucking rhino. Plus, Lesnar looked like a deer in headlights the moment he realized wrestling wasn't any longer an option. Then, Overeem just kicked him hard enough to make him shit his own asshole out. Ta-da.

I agree with that big time. Brock could come back today and smash Mir,Carwin and anybody else he beat before.

One was one steroids.

The other has yet to test positive.

Oh and the guy who hasnt failed a drug is did it despite being much smaller.

So Velasquez.

One was one steroids.

The other has yet to test positive.

Oh and the guy who hasnt failed a drug is did it despite being much smaller.

So Velasquez.

Not sure I follow, you saying Cain hasn't failed a drug test yet? I don't think he roids so why would he?

And I think we will have a better idea after the Bigfoot fight, then they have two common opponents who we can do MMA-Math with :)

brock beat himself. not a good sign to crumble when you get hit, especially when you are being built as a viking warrior. vikings we're proud to die on their sword. something i can't say for brock lesnar

Im going with cain...We all knew Brocks stand up was straight garbage and thats wat overreem beat him at......Cain outclassed him at his own game..i remember when cain got the take down on it was like a ROCK behemoth just falling

Whenever Lesnar got Cain down(for a split second) Cain's cat like feet instantly were beneath him again..

Saying Lesnar's stand up was "straight up garbage" is a favorite hyperbole ignorant haters like yourself love using.

His stand up was decent, but not garbage.

Couture, Mir and Herring would agree with this as well as Overeem who got cut open with a jab by Lesnar.

I agree with that big time. Brock could come back today and smash Mir,Carwin and anybody else he beat before.

I wouldn't jump to such conclusions, I can see both Mir and Carwin taking him out if he came back now. The Lesnar that fought Cain and Overeem was not the same Lesnar of UFC 100

Overeem.

Cain got taken down and all. Reem absolutely destroyed him. Looked like an abusive father beating up on a child.

Both impressive wins.

Back