Who disposed of Lesnar more Impressively, Velasquez or Overeem?

I say Velasquez. Brock took him down and Cain still manage to get up and out strike him. Also Lesnar took an additional year off after the Cain fight before he fought Overeem because of the diverticulitis getting even worst.

Add to that the fact that Reem being the K-1 champ was cut open by a Lesnar jab.

So I go with Cain.

I wouldn't jump to such conclusions, I can see both Mir and Carwin taking him out if he came back now. The Lesnar that fought Cain and Overeem was not the same Lesnar of UFC 100

Mir landed some good strikes on Brock at 100. People love to make out as though some healthier form of Brock would beat Reem and Cain, truth is they're just better fighters..

Overeem.

Was like a lion hunting little bambi.

Kick, knee, knee, kick, done.

Cain dominated Brock when everyone thought he was unstoppable..no question it's Cain

Only half of the sherdog bought the Brock hype. I rememeber Lesnar nuthuggers getting a lot of shiut on this forum most of the time.

Add to that the fact that Reem being the K-1 champ was cut open by a Lesnar jab.

So I go with Cain.

Strikers are less prone to getting cut? Or k1 champs are less prone to being cut? :) Anybody can get cut and there isnt any shame in that really. TK cut Fedor for example.

overeem and its not even close

brock had way more success with cain if you rewatch the fight you will notice. the fight with cain until was actually back and forth until brock gassed.

Last edited:
both fought a weak ass version of brock. They would have won against a healthy Brock anyway but it would have been way more competitive.

both fought a weak ass version of brock. They would have won against a healthy Brock anyway but it would have been way more competitive.

Honestly I just don't understand why people say this, Brock has never shown the unbelievable takedown ability he was hyped to have against anyone worth talking about, Mir and Herring both have awful takedown Defence and he had an insanely difficult time taking down Randy and Carwin when he was "healthy".

Not even close. Overeem dominated far more.

Brock landed more, lasted longer and in theory 'did better' against Cain scoring take downs and multiple strikes.

Lesnar withered like a dead leaf against Overeem, Overeem didn't even have the chance to split Brock's face open because he was already game over.

People here are fucking ridiculous.

Strikers are less prone to getting cut? Or k1 champs are less prone to being cut? :) Anybody can get cut and there isnt any shame in that really. TK cut Fedor for example.

No. My point is that one cannot be a horrible stand up fighter and just catch a K-1 Champion with a jab like that.

You have to have some skills to do that. Lesnar's stand up was not great but it was not bad either.

The answer was: Carwin

After him, everyone knew the map of the mine. Just hit him in the face.:redface:

Brock looked ok against Cain, he actually got him down until he got tagged and spiraled out of control. He looked terrified against Overeem and only landed one jab on him plus hes the only opponent Lesnar couldn't(or didn't try to) take down.

...Either way it's pretty irrelevant but if I had to choose I'd say Overeem.

I will always contend that neither version was the same as they both were post-surgery. The guy who got in the cage with Herring was just an absolute freak. And if Brock hadn't rushed that transition after he took Cain down that fight could've gone entirely differently. Brock took Cain (a great wrestler) down in under a minute. Aside from a cut Brock did nothing to Overeem, so I would say that was the more impressive of the victories.

I will always contend that neither version was the same as they both were post-surgery. The guy who got in the cage with Herring was just an absolute freak. And if Brock hadn't rushed that transition after he took Cain down that fight could've gone entirely differently. Brock took Cain (a great wrestler) down in under a minute. Aside from a cut Brock did nothing to Overeem, so I would say that was the more impressive of the victories.

....and I'm always going to contend the difference was that Lesnar could take Herring down at will. This pre sugery "beast version" of Lesnar could not outwrestle Randy who weighed 50lbs less and he still to be looked nervy in the standup vs him and Mir.

I'd add though that at least vs Overeem I think we saw the mentally toughest Lesnar ever, I think you saw the benefits of his claimed harder standup sparing there are he took several really big knees from Allistair without going into panic mode, in the end he seemed to be dropped by a liver shot that can do for anyone.

The Overeem fight wasn't competitive, it's hard to make a case against it

Cain, because Reem fought Brock after Surgery and all Alistair did was hit the weak spot.

Neither, the answer is Carwin. Sure Lesnar ended up submitting a grappling dummy that looked like Carwin, but the real Shane Carwin chased Lesnar into the fetal position and beat him like a unruly whore.

Cain, because Reem fought Brock after Surgery and all Alistair did was hit the weak spot.

I hate this theory. So anybody that hit Lesnar in the body all of a sudden would have an asterisk next to their victory. You have colon on either side of your torso. Do we even know which side Lesnar had issues with? Reem hit Lesnar with a liver shot, plain and simple. The surgery had nothing to do with that loss.

Back